Non-TF: Something completely different.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by minsok, Sep 8, 2010.

1. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

One of my fairly early customs. At some point I was into Power Ranger robots. With a lot of apoxie and really strong rare earth magnets and cannons from Tor, I made this custom out of Astro and Delta Megazords. I just swapped out the gold parts for silver to make it all match up. I really like the way it looks, but ultimately the lack of articulation meant it went the way of ebay. Has a Big-O feel to it now.

Attached Files:

2. Sunbeetlax

Sunbeetlax Member

Awesome!!

3. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Tor the turtle? Man, I forgot about him! Cool custom. :) 

4. rainchang007

rainchang007 Well-Known Member

Thats really a BIG-O feel. Cool.

5. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    Silly question, but why didn't you add articulation to it? I tried it once and it's fairly easy to give the Astro Megazord some decent arm articulation. I found that Energon Prowl's legs work perfectly for it.

6. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Well, this was when I was starting out and it didn't really occur to me I could just implant in other figures joints. Voyager and Ultra Cybertron figures have the best joints for that, all ratcheted. With his new arms, his tiny old arms aren't noticeable anymore anyway. At the end of the day, there was A LOT more I could've modded on this, but I'm a little bit of a purist and I think it's best to leave as much of the original toy intact as possible. If you have to MASSIVELY overhaul an entire figure, you're probably better off just modding a different toy that you like.