Something about ROTF new characters, that may affect TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, May 18, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Something just came to mind a couple of days ago, what if Sideswipe, Sisters and Jolt were only meant to exist for a particular scenes in the movie, (big money shots) and never to be used again?

This means TF3 will simply bring new characters and forget about the old ones, a bit discomforting to me. And the only returning robots from the Autobot side will be the Twins.

Due to lack of time, many robots were used as place holders for different scenes in ROTF, with not much emphasiz on who they were, something that has been discussed before, but I would like to see Jolt and the rest with more roles, but if this happens.. man that wouldn't be a good thing, not to me. :banghead: 

2. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

as far as i know, all the sisters died(Chromia survived but whatever) and yeah will not be surprised if jolt is just gone. I think sideswipe will be ok though. Along with the super funny twins....NOT. just go back to the barricade thing. though itd be cool if he was back for TF3

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Arcee.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    A new TF film exists soley, to push out new characters to sell toys. So if TF3 doesn't have a crap load of new one off characters with those from the first 2 movies just in the background then its a wasted opportunity.

As a business what would you do? Give kids some new characters to nag their parents about buying them the appropiate toy or keep the same characters, and when the kid asks for that toy the parent can simply say no, you already have that one.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well according to Orci and Kurtzman the Arcees all died.

It could be like G1 with lots of Autobots but not expanded upon characterization.

Anyway Movieverse seems intent in making the Decepticons outnumber the Autobots.

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    keep sideswipe. he is cool and bring in his brother.

7. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well we didn't see the blue one get blown up, but I think it can be assumed none of them will be returning.

I think the problem with new characters lies with them being invented to fill a role or because there's a certain vehicle mode Bay or the writers like, rather than bringing in classic characters and building the story around them.

Anyway, no point going over that old ground! But I agree with the above that we'll probably see Sideswipe again, and though Jolt's doubtful, it'd be nice to see him get a more to do, even if it is just so that his design gets an appreciable amount of screen time to justify the money spent designing and rendering it!

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Yeah, but they aren't writing TF3.

It'd be nice if all who survived returned. But it'd also be nice if they actually got some screen time outside of just action shots. You know some off duty dialogue to help characterize them. They've yet to really make people attached to any of the bots.

Hasbro needs to make money off the toys, but that doesn't mean all new cast every movie. We'll probably get a few bots, and lots of bots updated substantially like before. They have to balance products with story. Since bay and co are making the movie, their intent is on making a Movie. Not meeting toysales, though they do talk to hasbro about what they can use, and who's popular etc.

For now, it'll probably be more like Soundwave getting a new alt, megs repairing himself further for revisions, the minor changes on prime, the changed BB, and the other alterations to the bots. Maybe Ironhide will scan a new alt too, since his vehicle isn't in production anymore.

The last movie had a lot of random repeats mostly because of various story-centric reasons as well as because of toys. Protoforms weren't out there scanning their own alts, besides sideways, most of the cons looked like they got their forms from soundwave in a rush. Or the forms were already 'on file' from the other cons. Heck one protoform, didn't have an alt. It was like megs was just pulling them out of the woodwork for this last stand, like canon fodder... So they really didn't even need their own form either. Most of them if not all will be replaced. The only con's that'll stay are probably soundwave, Megatron, and Starscream maybe scalpel. So the bulk of new molds can come from that too.

People assumed this before the last movie too, and yet all the cast came back, and didn't all scan a new alt. So why would they do that now?
    Bay's intent on making a movie, not selling toys. If the movie is successful enough, the toys will fly off the shelves, even if they are repeats from previous years. (Heck it's not like we don't buy some of the same molds over and over anyway...)