Something about Jetfire...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jul 1, 2012.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I was thinking usually when planes are sent to museum, they are stripped of any components that might be secret, dangerous or useless. If Jetfire was in a museum, shouldn´t the mechanics that took him there, found cybertronian tech?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    he could have replaced the Blackbird they did put in there. or, since he was dormant, he gave off no weird readings and they thought he was a real plane

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    1) TFs replicate every little detail in alt mode. See: under BB's hood in TF1
    2) It's not an obvious fact that museums would thoroughly inspect any and all exhibit artifacts, even if it's totally logical they would

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I might be going on a stretch here, but seeing as he is a Cold War plane, he might have been put there before these safety measures were created.

5. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    This.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't know that the blackbird even has any missiles or armaments that would have to be stripped out. Even if it did, he would probably just grow them back gradually anyway.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you're trying to put too much "reason" in the details of ROTF. This is just one more problem we can throw on the pile for that film.

8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "I might be going on a stretch here, but seeing as he is a Cold War plane, he might have been put there before these safety measures were created." That makes sense.

I like to think, I don't know why, that he snuck his fellow Seekers into the Museum for a little get-together.

9. General Magnus

Electronics? Engines?

10. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Cybertronians grow ammo like we grow hair.

11. General Magnus

No I mean, woulnd´t a USAF mechanic look at some parts and go "Uh. Never seen anything like this" ?

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't know why he would, seeing as they're a perfect simulation of the alt. mode's parts.

13. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think he is so artfully pretended to aircraft that are no signs of his Cybertronian past... He was wise...

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's not like the people who work at the Smithsonean know what Decepticons are. :p 

15. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

This

16. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could've looked and not really care.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I don't even think this is simply a problem that "only RotF" would face because it's a poorly made film. This is such a tiny, obscure thing to be considering and questioning. Nothing against you, General Magnus. :)  You're simply asking the question. I'm basically defending RotF because I don't really see it as an error. Even if this movie was directed by Christopher Nolan, written by Edgar Wright and won the Best Picture Oscar, this is a detail that I can see virtually anyone in production overlooking.

It's really no different than questioning how say, Hammer/Vanko's military drones were able to get past security. I mean, would the Stark Expo not have some sort of automated security scan or sensors or even physical checks on the exhibitions?

"Hmm. You're displaying these 8 foot tall super kill death machines with missiles and lasers out the wazoo to a crowd of people. Should we disarm them? Should we even allow them to be displayed? Should we check their software for potential bugs or viruses?"
    "I'm sure it'll be okay. Hammer said all they can do is "make salute". Seems legit."

Not saying that's a problem with Iron Man 2. I'm basically saying that if you consider the "not checking/disarming the SR-71 in RotF" an error or problem, there's a shitload of other errors (read: little pedantic details that serve virtually no benefit and present no opposition to the movie's story) present in a lot of other movies.

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well since Sector 7 brass kept secret the Apollo 11 mission even from Simmons did you guys think they'd tell him anything?

My guess is Sector 7 higher ups did not know who to trust. Thus keeping things highly compartmentalized.

The reason why Simmons was told to drop the investigation on Seekers, citing Project Black Knife, was not to tip off opponent agencies even alien collaborators.

You guys really think that Sector 7 kept the Cube and Megatron's location a secret by not knowing Earth has been infiltrated?

19. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Good point man

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Except maybe his spark. And that Decepticon logo displayed on his alt mode bodywork.