Someone sell me on Universe Powerglide.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jourdo, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I saw him at the store yesterday and I just couldn't pull the trigger. It is not like me to leave a character out of this line... especially a unique mold. Something about it does not look right to me. Maybe it is the huge minibot thing... I'm not really sure.

Give me some positives to sway me to pick it up.

2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buy it...or else.

Else what i don't know but it usally works. :D 

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for Stormcloud, personally. And even then, it isn't a guaranteed buy.

4. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Powerglide has a unique transformation, is a decent take on the character and, most importantly, is an awesome transformer.

He's very articulated, has a fantastic weapon (so long as you throw away the missle and just use the gun), and looks good in person. Pictures really don't do him justice, you need to see him for yourself.

And, finally, he's an A-10 Thunderbolt, one of the most badass planes ever created. Hell yeah!

5. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Get him.

You'll just regret it later if you don't. :ev: 

EDIT: Oh, wait. You said positive. Because he loves you. C'mon, have a heart. Powerglide does.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    A-10 thunderbolt nuff said

however if you need more reasons

1) Its a classic
    2) Its powerglide
    3) ITS FREAKIN AWESOME

7. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what everyone else has said, and where else are you going to find a transformer with light-up breasts?

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
  9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked Universe Powerglide so much I ordered Takara's version too! Nice upgrade from a Minibot. :D 

10. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

^^^This

Robot Mode:
    Everyone complaint about his upper body being grossly out of proportion... But hey, who said a Tf cant be built like the Incredible Hulk. Ive seen NO COMPLAINTS about the hideous proportions that Tit. Prowl has (which are the same you hear about PG... except WAY worst. Have you seen the width of his shoulders??? and those shrimpy legs?) Also, when deluxe movie Bonecrusher came out, many were talking positive about it and that it was innovative to have the animalistic type build of his body (I personally hate the toy) and considered it a positive for the toy. So, he's shape is not THAT wild. His legs arent that tiny either. Their a bit slim but not tiny, they are about half the height of the toy. The molding is really cool and has lots of detail. People complain about him being top heavy and that he has flare titties... Ok, take out the batteries and both those birds are dead with one stone. Also, asthetically, he matches the other classics much better than that boring design for Silverbolt (Dont let G1 nostalgia force you to buy that uninspired toy... Unless you like super-sized Legends Class designed toys)

Plane Mode: Many are griping about he shouldnt be an Ultra. Why? I prefer it, I wish the seekers were Ultras, or at least voyagers. The size in plane mode looks good next to the deluxe cars. Has lots of nice mold details too! And the color is more realistic than being all red (Dont let G1 nostalia stop you from grabbing a great toy cuz its not all red!!!)

And on a final note, if you have more that 2 different Armada molds... Then you have already bought a more unsatisfying TF, so you have nothing to lose!

Hope Ive helps, lol.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Get Henkei Powerglide.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why, do you have him?

I thought about preordering him, but at over twice the price plus shipping, the US one is just as good. I did remove the batteries on mine because the sounds drove me nuts. My only complaint is that the "abs" don't hold together well...

Chris

13. Orion Paximus Prime

Orion Paximus Prime Banned

Henkai>>>>> Hasbro version of powerglide anyway... What the heck were they thinking? So I can't "sell" you on universe powerglide, since I think they really missed the mark color wise. And awaaaaaay we go

14. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He has a heart, and by not buying him; you've broken it

15. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't pull the trigger on him either. For the longest time I thought it was the sculpt, but now that I've seen him in person several times I realise it's the colors. And no, not because he isn't red. Even the red Henkei one doesn't do it for me. I think if they released him in a finish similar to Animated Bulkhead, a matte olive drab, that would do it for me.

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

If you need somebody to tell you why you should purchase a specific Transformer, maybe you have no business getting it in the first place? Unless going for 100% completion or whatever, nothing should be convincing you to buy something that at close inspection you don't like.

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

He's not out yet. But if your waffling over white Powerglide. A maroon one might tip your scales in his favor. But to Jourdo and myself the Henkei is barely a fifth more plus shipping. Ultras are $40 toys in Canada, hence his waffling. For that money they gotta grab and say "you must buy me RIGHT NOW!!!"

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If you don't buy him now, you'll want him in a year's time and find yourself paying double or more.

How's that?

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I keep seeing him in stores and cannot for the life of me bring myself to buy it.

Same here, at least Storm Cloud has a somewhat interesting paint scheme compared to Powerglide, yes there's the Henkei but the mold is nowhere close to dropping that kind of cash on.

20. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Well-Known Member

What he said makes alot of sense