Someone please help me understand

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Sep 6, 2012.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How does Hasbro not releasing a specific toy or repaint "ruin" a toy line? I've seen many people mention they are dropping a line (specifically Prime) due to not being able to buy something at retail. If anything over the years Takara and 3rd parties have proved that if collectors want something bad enough they will pay extra for it. There are plenty of toys I'd love to have, but I am fine with having 2/3 of the season 1 Classics seekers or Bumblebee and no Cliffjumper. If I want them bad enough I'll pay whatever the going rate for them is in the Junkion Exchange or Ebay.

I mean, I can understand getting frustrated a bit but isn't selling off your entire Prime collection because you can't find a Vehicon or Breakdown at retail kinda cutting off your nose to spite your face?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't mind paying a premium if the figures are good quality and worth the asking price

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

The knee-jerk nature of a lot of people on the boards. That's all there is to it.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think it's Hasbro not releasing a toy, as in singular, it's been a few documented cases that have frustrated people into not collecting the Prime line.

- First Edition debacle
    - Short packed Vehicon, arguably the most in demand figure
    - No domestic release of Breakdown, Jet Vehicon, Ironhide, Unicron ...
    - Poor distribution. It's pretty widespread unlike in years pass.
    - Quality of toys themselves

The things seem to have added up.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Because some people are cheap, whiny little... punks. I want to use another word there, but wont.

"I'm a collector, but only if it's convenient." :rolleyes: 

6. sslanchi

sslanchi Legendary Prime

The transformers prime toy line has been a few excellent figures and all hype.

7. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Subjective statement.

Anyhow, I pretty much agree with the "knee-jerk" argument"-- some people just react far too emphatically to certain things.

8. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Transformers has been ruined by several things over the years. I remember when Beast modes were ruining transformers...

9. Avengers

Avengers Banned

1- Hasbro did release some FE toys last year at TRU around the christmas buying season. Hasbro is releasing more of the FE toys this christmas season.

2 Fans knew from various on-line vendors like BBTS. That Prime Rid Vechicon,Airachnid & other rare figures were going to keep shipping in newer assortment waves. with added numbers in the assortment case.

3- The Hasbro Prime line just started. Hasbro is bound to release some of these takara only toys as store exclusives,convention repaints,site exclusives or last wave figures.

4- Poor distribution is due to Hasbro & Takara both being greedy & releasing the Prime toys world wide at the same time. usually their is a lag time between waves. where takara or hasbro wait while the other releases something first. their was no waiting this time around. the factories in china can't keep up with the demand,their backed up on orders world wide.

Usually Hasbro creates lag time within their distrution world wide. often times America stores get newer TF toys first. then the UK gets what the US got 3 months later. While Canada gets newer TF toys a month or two after or before other countries. Due to the Prime cartoon airing season one with no toys in stores for a year. Hasbro was pressed for time & gave all it's countries distributors newer TF toys in stores at the same time. causing huge delays in orders at the manufactoring plants over seas. the factories can't fill the orders fast enough.

Blame Hasbro for all the Prime toy delays. Hasbro decided to have the Avengers & Batman rises movie take priority in stores,trucks,wharehouses. while avengers & batman toys filled stores this summer,Prime toys waited in a wharehouse collecting dust waiting for their turn to get loaded on to the trucks to drive thru the state to the stores.

I'm pretty sure gasoline high prices factors in to prime toy delays. maybe the trucks & boats make less trips now. maybe the trucks & boats need to be full & no more partial loads.

5- The Prime toys are leaps & bounds better than the 2008 Animated toys were. Prime toys look better sculpted than the DOTM toys.

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They released three deluxes and then canceled the remaining figures. Sure, they corrected this with an exclusive release of the FE figures this winter, but it was a reason to put off collectors from collecting the Prime line, considering many spent money on shipping those figures in internationally.

We have yet to see any of those waves.

The line just started ... what? And there's no way of knowing if those figures will be released at RETAIL.

...what?

Better than Animated toys?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?! That's your opinion man. That's cool.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

That was my reaction too. :lol 

12. QmTablit

"Better" is subjective, but I do like the Prime design aesthetic over Animated's.

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Or maybe, MAYBE, most of us are struggling in this recession and can't drop $60 on a Japanese Voyager on a whim.

No, you're right. We're just cheap cunts. It's our fault for having our income cut in half. TRUE collectors spend their rent on import toys.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The Hasbro Prime line just started?

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hah, I _still_ feel that way about beast modes, lol.

16. QmTablit

Wow. "Some people..."

Others have legit issues. I went unemployed for 8 months, so I get how that can be.

17. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Between the above and your repeated claims that HFTD Ironhide and Prime Ironhide are the same toy, I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

18. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been said that figures like Breakdown and jet Vehicon will never see a western release.

I'm glad I didn't buy into this toy line. TFA was far superior in figures and in show.

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This seems to make the most sense. The lower quality of the figures + the additional hassle it takes to find the ones that look decent could lead someone to drop the line. What perplexed me was the "if I can't have them all, I don't want any!" attitude. But then again I'm not a completionist so...

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take it from an ex-completionist that still feels the tick- missing just one figure from a line up will eat away at ya. Even moreso if it happens to be a show character.