Someone complained about how Optimus Prime was portrayed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iLuvM3, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

I fit's all about faces, let me just make it clear the Prime targeting the faces was nothing but smart strategy. Believe me, I've been in many fights back in high school, and one thing I've learned from my experiences is that once you target the face, it's over and you win. The face is truly the most vulnerable part of the body. It contains the senses of sight, smell, taste, and touch in some cases. And just above it is the brain (or cybertronian cpu, whatever you wanna call it), keeping one alive. So, Optimus taking out the face was not brutal, he was smart, trying to finish the fight as fast as possible. Btw, I believe the first post in this thread had a pic of G1 Optimus pointing a gun to Megatron's face.

2. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

xx

3. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. ROTF Prime is probably my least fav Prime in the TF universe (yep I even like A/E/C Prime(s) better).

4. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I think that prime 'executing' decepticons speaks more volume about the decepticons rather than op. In the TFTM the most 'cons are ruthless and wont stop until death. At least thats how I see them portrayed.

5. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

The people that moan about how Optimus was prtrayed are just gimps. He was bad-ass. He is a feared leader. A brave warrior and is fighting tooth and nail to stop Megs and his Deceptipunks. Of course he going to kill some people - IT'S WAR!

6. gold333

gold333 New Member

I understand and agree with you 100%. We need more people like you. Don't give up, it's people like you who end up being the ones to make a difference.

G1 transformers (when I was 6) tought me about courage, hope, strength, dignity and humility.

These new movies don't teach people shit.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

There is an EDIT button in which you can edit your post. Use it in future.

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Demolishor killed hundreds of innocent Humans, he deserved what he got.

9. gold333

gold333 New Member

Man it's a classic example of trying to explain something to someone and your talking past each other because you don't know that someone already understands what you are saying and has moved on and is trying to explain the next point to you.

No one is saying the autobots should be all pussy and not kill anything, and flower power and make love not war, etc. People are beyond this. Yes heads need to be taken off, crushed, people need to die gruesome and sad deaths. Yes, yes, yes, VIOLENCE is neccesary and anyone who cannot cope is a pussy hippie.

Yes to all of this, yes it makes me feel all pumped up too.

The problem is that -JUST- portraying this misses the -ENTIRE- other face of the coin of using screen time to portray the -WHOLE OTHER- side of Prime that demonstrates true honor and valour and being a source of hope and strength when everything has turned to shit..

-ONLY- Blowing shit up is a source of strength for cannonfodder. True leadership is about more than just firepower.

My -WHOLE- problem is that 7 year old kids these days are going to get a skewed image about a rolemodel compared to what G1 was able to teach me all those years ago. Leading when all is well in pixie land is one thing, but how will you lead and succeed when things have turned to ratfuck and you see no way out?

Make no doubt this shit leaves an impression on young minds man. And if we get more (gay) screenwriters such as this who have -Absolutely- no clue themselves about what makes a leader great, how are they ever going to put it on film.

I'm sorry but this stuff gets to me. I even think sometimes that legislation needs to be changed, as indirect as it is these movies have a profound effect on the sense of values and character development of children.

And an educational source fuelled by the pocket filling motivation of hollywood producers is not working.

People who cannot recognise and cannot see beyond the BLAM! hey that's cool will have no idea what I'm talking about.

10. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I think the main difference is:

G1 was a product of the 80's, while these TF movies are a product of the 2000's.

Not to say that it was bad, but mostly everything in the 80's was cliched to death.

Villians getting away with their plans
    Moral Messages in every episode
    Nobody died as much

With the movies, you have had 9/11 and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as a whole other crop of bad things that happened that shows that not everything is so preachy..

11. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I just assumed he was making out with his own post.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It´s just a movie..

13. McBradders

4 deleted posts just to get to that? Really?

The button is called "EDIT" and magically from there you can simply EDIT YOUR POST!

Mindblowing, I know.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    TWISTED!!!!

but yeah, it is just a movie. a movie that i loved.

15. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    It's just a movie, it's just a tv show, it's just a message board, it's just, it's just, it's just.

I'm so very tired of "it's just" responses. There are better ones to be had if you don't agree with someone's post. Sure, there are far worse, but the "it's just" ones hardly seem worth the effort. So someone has a hobby they give a damn about, have some passion for. Is it really warranted to slap the lazy brand of "It's just a cartoon", "It's just a movie", "It's just a toyline" that ends up belittling the person you're replying to and the franchise included in this hobby we share?

16. McBradders

All the things we've been collectively getting our panties in a bunch over for the last 25 years... yeah, the "it's just" kinda makes it seem so bloody throwaway when clearly it's very much not to so many people.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Fine, maybe the "just" was my fault.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The funny thing about the "It's Just" argument is that those same people like to say "It's War. People die. It's real!". Well, no it isn't...it's just a movie.

So, um, people who don't like how Prime was portrayed walked with a limp? Did ROTF Prime break their legs? He really is a dick, ya know.

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I want to be an astronaut zookeeper. Both our dreams have the exact same chances of becoming true. That isn't Michael Bay's fault,nor the fault of people who enjoy action flicks.

20. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I'd like to be a movie director. I'd also like to live in the clouds and drink magners from crystal chandeliers and have the odd beer with The Big Man during the footie.

Oh well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.