Someone at Dish Network has lost their job

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boggs6ft7, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    They damn well should lose their job. That's the most pathetic example of customer service I have ever heard of.

3. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I hooked my parents up with Dish Network more than a year ago, and the more I think about it, I should have gotten them DirectTV. For some reason I never liked how Dish handled their customers, and this kinda shows me why. Absolutely ridiculous.

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

The wife had a pretty face, I wanna see more hehe.

5. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I absolutely despise everything about Dish networks. My and my GF had them when we lived in the sticks. We were with them for 7 months when we had to move because the house we lived in had extensive flood damage. Where we moved (an apartment) we couldnt have Dish. So we called and worked out a deal to pay for their cheepest package for the remainder of our service contract instead of a $199 cancellation fee. They said to send back the equipment in the box they were going to ship us. I said ok. We recieved the box at out new residence and all was good. I promptly sent it back. Then 3 months later we had several charges pop up on out debit card statement. they were for several at $2, $49.99, $199.99, and $399.99. and the only identifyer was this 800 number that my GF and I tried calling. The totals were close to a grand. And and we didnt notice the charges until out landlord said our rent check bounced. Thease sons of bitches charged me the cancellation fee, cost of 2 dvr units, and 4 remotes. PLUS they charged us for the full price of the monthly service. I was ticked. I called them right away and they said their was no such record of my call. I demanded they pull all recorded calls for that date and review. They refused. I contacted a buddy of mine who is a lawyer and had him draft a letter requesting copies of the recordings on this date betwen these times. They still refused. He contacted clermont county prosecuter and she send a subpeona for the recordings and they were reciewed. I was correct in what I was told and we had taped proof. at first they came off with this BS that the rep did not follow company policy and that what is on the contract is what is policy. The county prosecutor threatined to file deception and fraud charges as the rep was an agent of the company and when he offered to accept the new stipulations on the contract, he did so on behalf of the company. The responded with a letter advising that all money they stole from me would be returned within 30 days.

moral of the story, stay away from Dish. They are shady and use deceptive business practices. oh, and keep in mind that your contract states that if you use a credit/debit card with them, you authorize them to withdraw payments for your account automatically. So if you use a debit card to pay and your more than 3 days late. they will debit you automatically!

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Crazy.

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

^ Man that is even more shady than the video. At least you had a lawyer friend to help you out, I imagine most of America would just get screwed.

8. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

That's odd. I've had Dish for about four years and I've never had any problems, even with a move from Maryland to Georgia. Their customer service has never been anything but nice and helpful.

9. OGoldwings

OGoldwings The Lost Little Autobot

Great...the area we live in atm is forcing us to go dish network. I'm sure my boyfriend and I will have to be careful just in case and document everything they say. I know AT&T can be bad, we have had problems with them in the past reguarding our internet service.

10. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat as Gort. I've had DN for about 6 years with no problems. The few times I've had to call them, it's been hassle free.

As for the people in the video, I'd have been fine with it. I'd have told them "That's fine, send the bill to my burned down house. Make sure to send it certified!"

11. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Ya im sayin....

Ive got DN, and theyve been totally hassle free with my calls.....you have to get past the noobs at customer service though and straight to a supervisor. I've learned to not even waste my breath on customer service.