Heavy/Scratch: Some WIPS, small and heavy: Devcon, Outback, Airraid, Dragstrip, Bumper, and Pipes.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cycrolus, Jul 13, 2011.

?

Should I make pipes arms his exhaust or make some pipes that attach to the arms on th

1. Make the arms the exhaust.

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Make pipes that attach to the arms.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Things have been really hectic for me lately. As you may or may not know, a massive F5 Tornado ripped through my local community on May 22nd here in MO. I personally was not in the path of destruction but I had some family who was. I spent alot of time helping them get back on their feet as best they could. Then soon after my Landlord decided to sell my house out from underneath me and my family, to make some profit off of the recent incline in house sales due to the tornado. This has in a sense left us nowhere to go, due to the lack of available housing and the fact that we can't afford to move to another town, so we are stuck fighting a legal battle with them. To combat the stress I've just been focusing almost all of my free time on customs. I've decided to give a sneak peek at some of my WIPs since I don't know when I'll be able to finish them. I've got some others really close to completion, most are just waiting on a few small things. So anyhoo enjoy, and input.

DEVCON: Yeah pretty excited about this one. Shouldn't be too long till I finish, but I'm impatient. Head is a combo Blurr and Scourge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OUTBACK: Did a custom head to give him a more classics feel. I'm not a big fan of all the kibble but I think this figure works well to represent him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AIRRAID: This has been a long time WIP with lots of trial and error. I dig alot of the Arielbots on here but I'm kinda a stickler when it comes to somethings. I prefer to have mine as least seeker like as possible, Airraid is probably the only on who should come close. I plan on filling in the gap on the chest with a piece that will fold out so the cone can flip back properly, and of course fill in the holes on the legs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DRAGSTRIP: Basically flipped the legs around, notched a tab and chopped off some kibble. Swapped the hands for some a little more sinister and I'm working on a head. I like the idea of the stunticons being gruff and tough. I need to add a tab to the back of the feet to allow him to balance right.

[​IMG]

BUMPER: Obvious headswap, though I chose to go without the visor to add a little more distinction. I was thinking about painting the head but decided I liked the black to separate him from BB. Cleaned off almost all the black strips.

[​IMG]

PIPES: This is another on of my favorites and I've enjoyed making him although it's been alot of trial and error. I've still got some filling to do to make his legs less prime like and get rid of the prime pipes on the truck. I also need to add a hinge to the front to make it flip up. Already have a head mostly done just forgot to add it to the pics. and I need your opinion. I'll put a poll up top so you can vote. What I'd like to know is Should I make pipes arms his exhaust or make some pipes that attach to the arms on the back that can double as weapons?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Cool stuff! i voted for the arms to be exhaust. i've always kinda liked that look since it's pretty unique to the character.
    And what difference a new head does to your outback! thats surprising.

Randy!

3. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Sorry to hear about all the crap that's going down! Your WIPs look really cool and inventive. I've got a headless '74 Bumblebee with Wreckage's hands, too. Don't know what to do with mine yet!

Loving Pipes and Devcon. :) 

4. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

First off, My condolences on your past and current situations mate... I am sorry, and hope you and yours will prevail regardless.

Now onto the Customs! And Man these projects are sweet, i really love Bumper and Outback because of the simplicity of the custom that works so well. The Pipes is ambitious, is that the Walmart Deluxe movie Prime you are using? I also voted arms as pipes... it may be the harder option, but given your skill, i am sure you will be more satisfied when he is complete. I cannot wait on Devcon

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    First - you have the strength to get through whatever comes your way. Keep that in mind and you will succeed. Best of luck!!

Second - LOVE this stuff so far. Your outback head is fantastic!

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Creating artwork is often times great therapy. I'm so sorry to hear of what's been going on, but I totally respect you trying to help others in need during this tough time.

Your work looks excellent as well. Certainly keep us updated when you can :)