some wiki help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, May 20, 2011.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

so I was wondering, how do I save a screencap from a youtube video as a photo? because I'm trying to help out My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Wiki by adding some new ponies into the list of ponies section and I know some ponies that can all make it on to the list, I just don't know how to get those images of ponies

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    try using the print screen button on your keyboard first, and then pasting in whatever editing software you want to use, but you'll probably need good timing to get the frame you want.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can also try MWSnap (screen capturing utility) , but that printscreen should do the trick.

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, print screen :)  And pausing the video at the right time will help too :D  I don't use any special programs though. If I were to do something like this, I'd:

1: pause the video at the right time you want the photo to be of
    2: Press "ALT" + "Print Scrn" ( this will only save the screen cap of the active window you want. NOT the entire desktop)
    3: Open up a picture program like Microsoft Paint or Irfan View
    4: Hit "CTRL" + "V" to paste it into the program. If you want just the specific photo of the video, you will need to crop out the rest of the pic around the video portion.
    5: Save

Hope this helps.