Some things that didn't make sense to me

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trypticon 2010, Jul 4, 2011.

1. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

so glad i read thought the comic/novel before the movie.

i doubt i would have understood what was going on otherwise.

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Really? anyone have a screen cap of that? I must have missed it. Maybe cause I already knew he was a truck so I didnt notice it.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the only answer is BAYSPLOSIONS :bay 

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Explore! Explore!

Repair! Repair!

:D 

5. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

Hmm

Its like the 3rd movie is a direct continuation of the 1st.

Other than a few bits like the matrix of leadership, simmons and sideswipe, its almost like they're trying to make us forget the 2nd movie.

I really feel like they edited out a few scenes, several parts didnt fit well, like how bumblebee and Q got captured.

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Best eight bucks you'll ever spend.

7. DarkChild

DarkChild innocent

you couldnt be more right
    [​IMG]

8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Actually, no he did not. The first time he has any of the fire truck markings is when he and Optimus have their talk and Optimus offers the Matrix. In the Ark, and at NEST, those markings are not there.

Also, as for Megatron. He does give orders to decepticons after Sentinel goes off on him, and before the end in the alley. It's after Gould alerts him that the autobots are still alive.

9. TheScorpionsDen

TheScorpionsDen Member

He was still wounded and weakened from the ROTF brawl with Prime

The Decepticons had the city surrounded, as the Autobots & military managed to sneak into it by their own means. Conceivable that at some abrupt point, those surrounding the city could wrangle up those who'd snuck in.

Seemed to be that the vortex was disconnected. Cybertron is as it was.

There were now energon detectors across the globe, with Transformers now stationed in all parts of the world. Conceivable that, with those detectors in place, they'd have their means of scoring some.

Never got the hatchling thing to begin with. A loose, unnecessary end.

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone else posed the question, I was clarifying.

11. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

space fire truck?
    I TOTALLY AGREE! shitty film
    2011 SPACE FIRETRUCK IN the 1960's?!?!?! wooow keep making your point ...its getting funnier
    EDIT: they have shown that at least eye shot's distance jeez and in the same time period daah

12. nametaken

DOTM and the need for humans as slaves.

so are we to believe this whole time that cybertron just needed slave labor because the bots were too lazy to work?

is that why the war started? did megatron promise permanent holiday time for those who followed him?

13. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

I think the reason megatron is sitting in an alley is because he has just been bitch slapped by SP and is to embarresed to show his face?

14. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

Here's how it went down: Sentinel activates the Space Bridge--Cybertron begins to enter the our galaxy--Optimus destroys the main Pillar--Cybertron's transportation stops (about a third of the planet makes it through by this point)--Dylan reactivates the Space Bridge--about 45% of Cybertron makes it through--Ratchet and Bumblebee destroy the Pillar--the Space Bridge is cut off again--that portion of Cybertron is destroyed.

There's gotta be at least half of Cybertron left.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The War started because the Decepticons wanted control over the AllSpark or something and it escalated from there.

I do agree that it seems VERY lazy of the Cybertronian race to decide on trying to enslave another entire sentient race to rebuild what the robots destroyed. Although part of this I found was explained by Sentinel saying to Optimus that before the war the Cybertronians lived like gods, but now they have to hide from the humans. He later says this again as he's fighting with Optimus. The way I understood it, Sentinel didn't want to let go of the past, the pinnacle of Cybertronian culture, etc. and that because they had been so high and mighty that they shouldn't need to do menial work like fix the planet.

But if the timelines are to be believed, then when Megsy and Sentinel made the agreement, it was before the AllSpark was launched because according to the first movie Megatron and the AllSpark crashed around the same point in history (before civilization of man started sprouting up), then various "seekers" popped up inbetween then and the 1960's, constantly changing alt. modes to blend in with the humans while they searched for Megatron and the AllSpark. Then, eight years before Apollo 11, Sentinel's ship crash lands on the moon, thousands of years AFTER Megatron became megapopcicle. The only way this could be explained is if the damage the ship sustained right before entering hyperspace damaged it enough so that it was left drifting through space for thousands of years before happening to crash land on the moon right before the space race.

And then ROTF really screws things up, because there's no real point in time given to explain when the Solar Harvester made it to Earth and the six good primes had that "GREAT" idea to kill themselves to hide the Matrix. On the same freaking planet, a few hundred miles from where the harvester was encased in a pyramid. No wonder the Cybertronian race fell, they weren't exactly bright about keeping the WMD's under control apparently.

16. LesterX

LesterX Banned

THIS.

17. DarkChild

DarkChild innocent

I thought Sentinel meant the Primes were seens as/behaving like gods. Not necessarily the whole race. Besides, its a little hard to be god when everybody else is as well ;) 

Apart from that:
    THIS

I've said it before, but one can only be afraid what Bay and his team would have come up with if there was another writers strike (probably even more 'deep wang')

Or maybe they would have jacked the plot of The girl who loved Powerglide instead and presented it on The Island...

18. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    I swear to christ no one reads these forums anymore...so much that repeats its self, repeats its self, repeats its self, repeats its self,.....

19. nametaken

was silverbolt in the film?

20. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The timeline depicted in this movie actually does jive with TF1, IF you omit the trainwreck that was ROTF. The only things you need to know from ROTF are that 1. Megatron's face gets fuxx0red 2. Prime gets the Matrix 3. Sam saves the world again. Or something.

So, it would go like this:

1. Sentinel and Megatron make a deal, with Soundwave, Laserbeak and Shockwave being the only other Decepticons that know this plan.
    2. Megatron leaves Cyberton for Earth, having located the Allspark (he probably keeps this secret to himself). He gets caught in Earth's atmosphere, crashes.
    3. Sentinel leaves Cybertron on a course for Earth, but "enemy" fire damages the engines on the Ark, sending it hurtling through space at a much slower speed. In '61, it crashes on the moon. Soundwave and Laserbeak do their thing.
    4. Events of TF1.

In regards to Bumblebee being with Sam and Lennox and then suddenly being captured by the Decepticons, right at the end of the Starscream scene, Sam (or Lennox) says that Bee is going off to rendezvous with the other Autobots. A scene was definitely cut - I'd guess that when Bee met up with the other Autobots, they were probably already captured and the 'Cons got the jump on Bee.