Some stuff from Bay RE: Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Because they're fanboys on the Internet, and that makes their first worst-case-scenario impressions and knee-jerk reactions always right, even when they aren't.

2. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Nothing official will come out till the movie hits the screens. Bay is trying to shield himself with a "don't cry over spilled milk" policy. Once the damage is done, he'll say "well, the movie has already been made, ha ha ha"

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I love the alt mode for prime. its pretty much the same as laser optimus prime, with flames. it even has the red fade at the front.

optimus DOESNT have to be just red and blue. laser prime looks great in gray and black. Cant TF fans ever just be content with anything?

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Must I remind you all that G2 comic Prime the most badass Optimus Prime yet had flames coming out of his exhaust. Why because Furman and the artist wanted to do as much to prime to make him an intimidating war machine. A Black/Blue Pete 379 with flames is pretty intimidating the prime created by that will truely be ultimate.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The biggest news from this tidbit is the fact that Ludacris is not in this film.

Putting a rapper in a summer action flick is the kiss of death.

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Apparently not.

7. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Hey Jeff? You know what this guy's talking about?"

"Honestly Will, I have no clue."

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Hm, I don't have problems with the flames paint job, it's just that I think that is more appropiate for Hot Rod.

BTW: who is Ludacris?

9. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

10. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Can't ANY fans?

Nope. Neither do they have to be, nor are they supposed to be.

That's what makes them 'fans'.

SB

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Bitching about things is what makes us fans? I thougt it was liking something a lot that made fans.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You aren't the only one who thought that Flamepanther

SB

Of course fans are free to dislike things.But you and others can stand to express your dislike A LOT better.

I know for a fact that none of you would express yourselves like that in a real life situation.

And there's a difference between voicing dislike and just bitching.I don't like wrestling,but I don't go into every wrestling thread to complain about it.I just don't watch wrestling

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    heh heh, good one.

going by crash and 2 fast 2 furious, luda would actually be one of the cool things abt the movie.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You've been doing an awful lot of bashing on anyone who complains recently, and I figure I should point something out to you:

Like Shaun_C's signature says, "There's a little thing called context." Within the context of the internet, bitching and whining in a hyperbolic manner is a mainstay of internet fandom. I don't know what experience you've had outside of the Transformers fandom, but nearly EVERY internet website that is devoted to a certain subject type has fans that complain. They usually do it with hyperbole as well.

I can understand your quest to get folks to stop whining, as it gets irksome, but it's never going to happen unilaterally.

The complaints and bitching are a necessary part of being a fandom in general (NOTE: Not being a fan in singular!) because we have just as strong negative opinions about something we adore as we do positive opinions. I assume that there has been at least one thing in the general course of Transformers that you didn't like and there's a possibility that you complained about it.

Those folks who keep saying "Don't complain about the movie, it's not even out yet! How can you say anything at this point in production? It's not like you're going to CHANGE anything..." may be tired of the whining and complaining and bitching, but their responses will largely go unheard - this is a fandom message board; a place where people come to voice their opinions. If their opinions are negative, c'est la vie.

...and will they definitively, certainly change nothing? Actually, I think we will. I think that Transformers: Classics and the Alternators are a big enough example that at least SOMEBODY's listening to us that we can use it as a basis example for hoping that the movie-production community is listening as well. Now, I'll admit, there are forums like the Don Murphy boards and the Bay boards (whose site, by the way, reads more like one giant ass-kiss than it does a board like ours) where you're closer to the source, but you still have that uncertainty: Will my complaint be heard?

Who knows. Sometimes, I post at these above-mentioned boards in the hopes that somewhere, my complaints and/or frustration might be recognized. Other times, I just voice my opinion because I just do/don't like what I've seen (re: whatever comes down the news pipe.)

...as do most folks, I think.

However, complaining is a constant. It's never going to go away. Asking people to justify their complaints or to just stop until the movie gets released is pointless...and kind of embarrassing. Best of luck if you really do think you can get posters who post "OMG THAT'S NOT OPTIMUS!" to realize the error in their ways, but I don't think it's likely to happen soon.

15. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

One can express dislike in a tactful, constructive and polite manner.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    They can. How many will?

17. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Not many unfortunately.

It's like Bob Skir said "On the internet boards the bullied become the bullies"

Anonymity(sp) of the boards is a wonderful thing.You can make ANY comment ANY way you like no matter how rude/disrespectful/tasteless.And other then being banned you've got nothing to worry about.

You've heard of "Liquid courage" a.k.a. Alcohol.Now we've got "Keyboard courage" or "Keyboard warriors"

I personally post like I talk,meaning I have VERY strong opinions.And if asked I'll share them.But I'll NEVER be disrespecful,rude or tasteless when I express said opinions.

18. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Question:

Who are YOU, and Shaun_C, etc. to dictate to anyone else about what they should and should not like?

Who is anyone to dictatate what the "right way" is and the "wrong way" is?

So- are you some type of authority, to authorize for others how they can and cannot react?

Let me tell you all something: you are SORELY mistaken.

I was talking to a co-worker just last night about the "leaked" Prime image. He was appalled that Prime was not a flat nosed rig; and dumbfounded that he wasn't red. He doesn't hang out on any internet forum. He is average Joe-Blow ticket buyer.

There are still folk out there that are still troubled about Camaro and not VW.

It aint goin away. If you are content to be spoon fed and like whatever is placed before ya without question, then God bless ya and be on your way.

However, if you feel that you are superior, and must correct what other say and think, or have judged others to not be rational by your standards, well I got news for ya: your lives will be more difficult. There are people out there who engage in independant thought; and also think of you the same way that you think of them. How does that work for ya?

Shaun_C Quote:
    Originally Posted by flamepanther
    Bitching about things is what makes us fans? I thought it was liking something a lot that made fans.

You aren't the only one who thought that Flamepanther

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silver Bullit
    Can't ANY fans?

Nope. Neither do they have to be, nor are they supposed to be.

That's what makes them 'fans'.

SB

You missed the point. We aren't talking about non TF fans bitching about TF's. We are talking about fans of an already established and thriving franchise who are complaining about what they like.

SO I stand by what I said: It is the fan that will not be content with everything. It is the fan that holds steadfast to what originally established the franchise, and if any new element is introduced that may pose a threat to that element that hooked him into the franchise to begin with, it is that fan's perrogotive to bitch and complain.

And segragating others who don't think like you isn't the answer. Telling them be content here where you are or shut up and go away isn't the answer. Dealing with them is. After all- they have to deal with you.

Think about it.

C

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow. way to go on derailing the topic guys.

bwa! optimus must be red! der!

20. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

And what really sucks is when they become MODS.

I agree. It's where people can freely express what they are actually thinking, without the fear or worry about censure.

Yes, boards give people a certain amount of freedom that the outside world seems to rob.

Huh? Whatever.

I liken it more to "Road Rage" to "Net Rage".

What you read from me is what you get in the flesh.

C