2D Artwork: Some Sketches

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by prowl007, Jul 28, 2007.

1. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

I did some of these on the way home from my vacation. It is part of a fan fiction I am writing right now, I have already done 5 chapters and starting on the sixth.please enjoy! :D 

.picture 1, messed up slightly when I almost finished.

.picture 2, Forgot to add the bio. Here it is:

Abyss Sentinel ( formerly Twister )

Abyss’s first name was actually Twister but after he got all his memory removed by megatrons Revived Robo-smasher; He joined the decepticons not knowing fully of their goals.
    After Megatron put Twister in a gladiatorial match with the new decepticon recruits, Twister Defeated all of the contestants but left none of them deactivated. He was later renamed Abyss Sentinel because of his brutality during fights with the Autobots who he thinks are trying to kill him.
    Though converting a Zecn F. proved to be very difficult and costly, shockwave managed to do so despite the past failures. Abyss’s attacks are ground and air based. During the first move of an attack he would launch two or three capsules which start to spin in violent vortexes, After reaching critical speed, the top of the capsules would break of then immediately sending hundreds of needle small Rockets each holding strong explosives which would bombard the enemies until they are unable to move. Usually From now if his attacks weren’t evaded, He would personally finish of his enemies one by one. But if The attacks are evaded, Abyss would launch 4 more capsules which would split up into four parts which would then transform into spider like droids which can transform into mini jets which chase the enemy into the sky. They would hunt down the enemy wherever it is hiding draining them of their energy.
    He transforms into a Mammoth Tank.

Attached Files:

2. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

aww well, I guess I messed up again.

3. Psychomud

Psychomud Well-Known Member

Messed up? How so?

4. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

maybe my style isn't right.?

5. Psychomud

Psychomud Well-Known Member

Nah - don't sweat it.

They are fine. What I recoomend as an illustrator is study dynamic posing. That will bring life to your characters. Don't worry so much about style - that comes LAST. Also, take a look at how metal is textured by other mecha artists. Lasty - and I speak from experience....

When I colored this:

[​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

...I got a lot more attention. But then again - if you wanna draw - start up a DeviantART account (see my sig) and post artwork on there. You get better criticism and more honest opinions by people who love art.

So - my crits to you:

1. Dynamic posing
    2. Metal Texturing
    3. Study "Line Weights"
    4. Finish with some nice colors to draw more attention.

Mesaage me for more info if you art interested.

6. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

awesome! I'm diggin the body on the second one but i'm extremely picky on faces...
    lol, keep it up!

7. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

thnx I might do more!

Btw Nice Pictures psychomud