Some serious Ebay help needed

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Hybrid Prime, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I just had all my combiners close today.I had an overseas guy that just joined Ebay the same day as the auctions closed and won 4 of them for a total of $500.00 then he contacted me and asked if he could pay with wire transfer.I told him to get a prepaid credit card and pay through paypal or have a friend paypal it and just send to his verified address.I told him I would only do a wire transfer if it was the last resort.I'm not even sure if this guy is for real.I'm really counting on this money for Christmas and the guy never got back to me.What should I do???

2. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Can't you do an second chance offer to the second best buyer??

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    If he's willing to send western union, take it. That money only goes in one direction and you won't have worry about chargebacks or other similar scams.

If he does send Paypal, send with SIGNATURE confirmation (required by Paypal for items over $200), using EMS to the address on whichever Paypal account is sending the money.

4. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    dude dont do it!

give it up now. i had one from italy buy an amp a friend wanted to dump and that was the biggest pain in the ass ever. dont bother. tell him due to policy change you cant sell to a no feedback newb from another country

5. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

Dude contacted me today wanting to know my bank info to do a direct wire I was like wtf???I reported him.Unfortunatly,I was counting on the money for Gifts for my kids.I'm also afraid alot of people will refuse my second chance offers to note that it is a zero feedback bidder that won thus thinking I was shill bidding.I'm starting to hate Ebay even worse.

6. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would just fucking do it, what's wrong with a wire transfer? It is usually a one-time fee from your bank and it's there instantly.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    QFT. Unlike the rest of the world, the US doesn't use wire transfers often. I think they're more common than paying with credit cards in many places.

As I mentioned before, get him to do Western Union wire transfer if you're worried about transferring to your bank. For this, go to any store that sells WU money orders and they should provide you with a transfer number. He sends the money to them using that number and they give you the cash. You're in a position to rip him off more than him screwing you. Paypal is much more dangerous, especially with all the policy loopholes.

8. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

What kind of info do you have to give out though?I don't want someone breaking into my account.

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    If it's international wire transfer you don't give out your "proper" account details. You need to go to your bank and ask for an IBAN (at least that's what it's called in the UK) which they can send to.

Either that or Western Union it.

10. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    DO NOT deal with the guy. When I sold my entire original Xbox (clear Halo edition) and Neo Geo AES/MVS collection on eBay a few years ago, I had someone try that with me. They didn't bid, but they emailed me through eBay and mentioned that they could pay me through Western Union if I closed the auction early. They also mentioned something along the lines of "once you ship to me, I'll send money through Western Union on same day".

There are too many scammers out there trying to get either your money or the stuff you're selling. I would either eat the negative feedback (if he even gives anything) or have him pay in the form(s) you listed on the auction. If he can't follow it, then he shouldn't have bid. But do not ship him anything or go through on this until you have money in-hand.

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    if you are going to deal with him...you will need to give him your routing #...and your checking account #....both are found at the bottom of the check you have in your check book...account # is towards the bottom left...routing # is usually towards the center bottom....

USA does not use IBAN #'s

Ebay does not cover against wire transfers....meaning if this guy pays you and you do not ship to him...he is F'ed...but you will get hammered with up to a 15% transfer fee depending on your bank plus a currency conversion fees...

i did this for a guy in germany on some macross figures...total was about $300 and B of A charged me about $39 total fees between the wire transfer fee and the currency coversion fees.....

food for thought anyway...

12. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

yeah,I threw them up for second chance offers.It will take me about a week to get my ending fees back.Almost $50.00 in fees for $600.00 worth of sells.Ebay is getting worse.If they don't take the second chance I'm sure board members will be interested in complete G1 combiners.

13. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is good that you did 2nd chance offers because wire-transfers are not very good ways to selling items. It is unfortunate that you needed the money for Christmas gifts for your family. I had one guy in Canada that wanted my trombone from a Craig's List ad but he would only do it through a wire transfer. In his e-mail, he put "can you trust me?" He was going to have his driver come and get it and wire transfer $2000 into my account, in which I had to pay the driver a certain portion of the $2000. In my ad, I said Paypal only so I canceled the ad after I explained the bottom line in my ad. I never heard from him again.

15. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes im very interested!

16. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    also make sure to get insurance, up to, if not over, the amount of the item, a box I was supposed to just get in the mail ripped on the way here so better safe than sorry.