Some RoTF toys news - new combiner...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JazzLuca, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzLuca

JazzLuca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This better not be a case of HE TELL ME.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Google translation:

Assuming this is legit...

...Jetfire combining with Optimus is weird.

I do like the sound of being able to see inner gears and so forth moving when you transform a toy. Should be neato.

4. JazzLuca

News Credits:

5. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Sounds plausible...

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Sounds plausible, but I'm not sure I like the idea JetFire Optimus. Armada was enough, but this kinda hits a whole new level of weird in the live action movie. I guess this gives us the armada nod in ROTF for the 25th annie, along with the already rumored pretenders as an old school reference too.

On a personal note though, I kinda wish Orci and Bay wouldn't listen to some fans about ideas. I was looking forward to this serious war unfolding. =/ This reeks of Fanboyisms now more than needed. Kinda takes the oomph and importance off of gestalts too. =/

Also helps suggest that scorponok reviving megs is even more likely, if Prime can merge, why can't megatron. I'm not sure I like the direction this may entail, and I was an avid movie 1 supporter. I guess I'll wait and see how it's handled first, but honestly this the first time I'm praying something is disinformation, or a toy only gimmick. Cause Bay, seriously, Prime combining does not more Prime make him. That was an EHHHH type idea even back then. The aww and shock only works for the first time it's done. =/

What's next? Energon Prime trailer in movie 3? Prime and Co become the protectobots? Why did we have to beg for power armor and trailers. >_<
    Prime was fine as is. Let's not overcomplicate him with gimmicks and power ups. He's Prime, he leads and inspires troops. I guess Jetfire is better than seeing the RID power armor again though, or PowerMaster Trailer. I'm sorry as much as fans want to see it, powerups like this are just weird on the big screen in a realistic battle. Jetfire or the Apex sentient armor make more sense since they can join of their mind when needed, but even then that reduces troop amounts that could be needed. =/

I'm having a hard time seeing as how this one will really work in movie without seeming corny, or breaking believability. IE, why wasn't this an option in the first movie? Why does jetfire start out as a decepticon then? This story better cover some whys with what's going on, or eventually we're going to end up with one giant mass of transformers making a robot to fight unicron in planet size. This is just so WTF, I'm not sure I can wrap my head around it. This story better be good.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus combines with Jetfire??!! NO!!! I am not a fan of combiners, and in the movie format where individuality is important, having one character lose his identity just for a gimmick is less than appealing.

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope we don't see Prime turning into a giant pair of pants, and that Jetfire doesn't turn into a shirt.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wonder if the idea of Optimus and Jetfire toys combining is a spoiler for the film, or just a gimmick to add play value to the toys.

Scout toys, eh?

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I welcome the addition of scouts back =D

Hope it translates to Universe soon too for various bots.

But I still can't wrap my head around the movie armada jet convoy crap. This is just so wtf, and wrong. Just wow. And I don't think I've said one bad thing about the movie yet. So just wow, wtf. Armada reference ftl. If it had to be done, couldn't they just write hot rod out and make him hot shot? Instead of making jet convoy appear?

TOTALLY UN :bay  , so not cool.
    Come on man, stop trying to appease fanboys and go back to making this serious vision unfold.

PLEASE GOD be a toy only gimmick. I'm not buying another movie Prime. Unless it's epic win. They have to release photos now, or this may be a case of 'ruined forever' beyond repair. Please god, don't be in the movie. Please PRIMUS, don't let this gimmick sully the movie.

11. JazzLuca

News Credits:

12. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm trying to keep an open mind for when the movie finally comes out--I hope that Bay did whatever he thinks will make for an interesting story. But like Deadend above, I'm also worried that Bay and Co. feel too much pressure from fansites such as this one: I think the first movie showed that filmakers could make an interesting sci-fi transformers film that doesn't stick too closely to previously used cartoon ideas, and I hope that they continue along those lines for the sequel.

13. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    :bay  made transforming robots look beliveable so calm down non fanboys he will deliver. if you want real look at the nations economy

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Tell me about it, they were breaking such awesome new ground, and had so much ripe potential to tap. Now I'm seriously worried and scared for this movie. I wasn't before at all. I hate to sound elitist, but I honestly wish there was a way they would realize which ideas to use and not to use, and which fans to ignore. Because they've done a fine job so far. I understand they are building their own universe, but I don't see jetfire convoy working at all, unless maybe jetfire dies, and that's how prime gets his trailer... Though that seems rather grave robbing too.

I just can't wrap my head around this, and seriously, you guys have seen my posts. I wrap my head around EVERYTHING we've been given so far.

You lost this argument once they removed size shifting. This war is supposed to be the serious with mild real life instance comedy, take on the transformers. So yes, realistic. I'm sorry, but I'm a fanboy and stating this is going to be a hard one to work in. Non fanboys won't even know why prime's combining, just that it happens, they'll have to wiki that it's an armada reference. Fanboys are the ones that scoff at armada from having seen the first half, though many of us endear the second half. xD Making giant robots believable is one thing, making random bots combine with no precedent is another. At least Devastator has a rich history behind why, or even potential story reasons on depth, and heck he was THE FIRST gestalt ever created on cybertron in the previous fictions. Prime to jetfire just screams fanwankery, especially with him getting his butt kicked in the first movie and never combining for help. There's no precedent for this, and even in armada it was never explored as to why, just that they could. So I'm scoffing it in this movie already as to breaking the already well weaved suspension of disbelief. I hope I'm proven wrong in how lame it'll be if it happens. But it does indeed have me worried. And that didn't even happen with the first movie. If it could, why didn't Jazz attach to prime before attacking megatron? Well at least this also explains the arcee minicons comments too. So that makes 2-3 armada references already. >_<
    Taking bets now on starscream joining the autobots or Voltron Prime showing up next movie. =/

This is what makes me worried of bay and crew listening to all fanboys though. Like wanting Beast wars in the movie. =/ Among many other ideas suggested that just seem so wrong this early on. At least Trip Changers will make it into movie 3. That'll be nice at least.

Somehow I have the feeling prime and jetfire share glyph tattoos, and that's their 'story connection point' even unknown to them. =/

15. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting, but I'd rather see Optimus combine with his trailer instead of Jetfire.

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hoorays, new combiners at last. Wuv!

17. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Dude, really. Overreacting is embarassing.

18. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    That's interesting

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd rather less gears on toys. The AutoBreak gimmick is one of my least favourite things in the toylines.

As for the combining, I'm not bothered. BayVerse is BayVerse.

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    How's that supposed to WORK in scale?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.