Some random movie TF mini-reviews: BC, SS, Ironhide, etc

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shmoptimus Prime, May 19, 2007.

1. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So far I have:

Protoform Prime
    Real Gear Speed Dial 800 - from eBay
    Voyager Starscream - eBay
    Voyager Ironhide - eBay
    Deluxe Bonecrusher
    and Deluxe Brawl

Mini-reviews:

Protoform Prime is a great figure because he looks so organic and alien yet you can clearly tell he's a robot, and the back kibble actually looks cool. His protoform mode is interesting to look at and it's easy to imagine it streaking through the heavens. The "fire blast" thing that you can put in his gun is really lame though, and it doesn't even fire. (8/10)

Speed Dial is a fun little gadget-former. I actually fooled several of my friends making them think I had a new phone or that I was getting an important call! His backpack restricts head movement and could be smaller, though. The 7-4-7 is a nice touch, too. (7/10)

Starscream was one design and figure that I was really hating back in the day, but the truth is I think he's the best movie toy I have so far! (even though the vehicle mode is one of the worst I've seen in my life). Automorph tech is great as you can form the back and chest in one motion! Check the other boards for my pics of the fig that I spruced up a bit with line markers and to see more about what I think about him. Mainly I wish he had real hands! (9/10)

Ironhide is a great figure and, aside from the head and some problems positioning the shoulder pads (they're on little springs), he's very solid and powerful-looking, even when he's in truck-mode, which is very nice. Cannons combine to make one huge one, and either way looks great. Also, he has one of the best automorph gimmicks I've seen so far (transform the legs with just one motion for each leg). (8.5/10)

Bonecrusher is pretty crappy looking, even though I love the designs for this character. First off, he should be twice as big, as he is supposed to be one of the bigger cons, and this toy does not do his size or design justice. He would look fine if it weren't for the fact that most of the back portion of the vehicle is hanging off of his arms! His vehicle mode is pretty solid and cool looking with TONS of detail for a deluxe. The claw works well in this mode too, however there's no automorphing! On the plus side, the claw is cool as a gimmick and his feet (with the wheels in them) are quite posable and cool as hell. (6/10)

Brawl was a guy that I was really looking forward to getting, and was really pleased with him, until I discovered that the pegs that are supposed to connect his arms to his body don't stay in place AT ALL!!! Without this essential connection, his arms sag down and his backpack is unstable and sometimes falls down! I am seriously considering glueing it and getting another one to transform because without that flaw I think he'd be one of the coolest looking deluxes in the movie line. Maybe I'll glue this one and wait till the leader-class Brawl that's supposed to be coming out. Tank mode is terrifyingly bad-ass though, with both turrets and the missile pods being able to move independently. Tied with Ironhide for best auto-morphing gimmick: move the chest down and his head and shoulders pop up. I was actually surprised when it did that! (5/10 because of arms, 8.5/10 if they stuck in place)

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Good stuff. Starscream is my favorite too, though I think Bonecrusher is meant to be in scale with characters like Starscream and Voyager/Leader Megs.

3. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    i am totally with you on brawl....those pegs are pissing me off...they are ruining one great figure

4. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    All I know is that in the prequel novel the author CONTINUALLY used the word "huge" to describe Bonecrusher. The author must have been misinformed. Either way I think this guy deserves a bigger figure.

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, I think he was talking about Movie Bonecrusher, from the movie. Not his toy form.

But seriously, when has Transformers ever paid attention to scale in any of it's lines?

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    With Brawl, I found that you can use those back pieces that fold in order to hold the arms in somewhat - lets them stay in for poses.

7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I wonder if Hasbro even plays with their figures before they send them off to the factory.

Also, I was referring to the movie BC as supposedly being huge, and so that makes me think that he should have a bigger toy. Also the fact that the design is too complex for a deluxe and it could look really good with a bigger figure. Although wasn't there a rumor that he was getting a Voyager class (and SS is getting a leader class)?

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I beleive it was Japan was getting Leader Starscream and Leader Brawl.

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Crap! Well wait, I just remembered I'm going to be in Japan for the next year starting in August! Hello exclusive Takara goodness!

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher is the only deluxe figure I have seen but not bought, and at the two places that has movie deluxes out, he is appearing to be an ealry shelf warmer, but I am sure he will sell when the movie hits.

I am moving, so I only opened Speed Dial so far of what I did buy. He does fool people into thinking he's a real phone, and his robot mode looks better then in pictures. So, I really like him, but his left leg pops out of the thigh pivot joint real easily. Anyoe else experience that?

11. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

a leader starscream? cool!

**to every one** what is the best TFmovie toy? like paint job/accurate designs/transformation/overall bottom line.