Some quick PSP reviews...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Jan 15, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here are some reviews of some PSP games...

Burnout Legends: A lot like the Burnout 3 for console, only smaller. The action is not quite as intense as the big brother version, but it still holds it's own. Sadly some things like the Crash events are not as spectacular as the console versions. On console you rack up 1,000,000 or so of damages. PSP you rack up to about half that.. Still a good game. I give it an 8.5/10.

Untold Legends: Good Dungeon crawler game. Load screens are a little long, but not untolerable. Good fun game. Nothing spectacular, nothing horrid either. I'd give it a 7.7 out of 10. Good game to pick up used.

Grand Theft Auto: LCS: Wow.. It is GTA done right and mini. All the fun of GTA only portable. Missions are a little smaller in size. Nothing white knuckle intense like the console ones, but good enough for a small version. Loading is only a problem with the opening. Like all GTA games most of the loading takes place at the versy start. There is a short load (5-10 seconds) between islands and loading missions. I've played it for about 6 hours and i am only about 25% done. The game will last you well over 20 hours or so. the hidden packages are bitch to find. I've found only 39 between two islands. I see two but have no idea how to get to them. Controls are good for a PSP. They just take a little getting used to at first. This is the definate must have game for PSP. 9.8/10

Hot Shots Golf Open Tee: Another excellent game for PSP. If you played HSG for PS2 it is just like that only portable. Graphics are beautiful and load times are short. Definately one of the better looking games. Controls are excellent and easy. 10/10. Just plain fun.

Virtua Tennis: A good tennis game. Graphics are good, the controls are good, and it is fun. Only thing that is a pain in the ass is the leveling up. Still fun game. 8/10

Smackdown Vs Raw 2006: good game, just suffers from long load times. It looks good, plays good, just takes forever to load. Has three mini games. A trivia game, poker, and Eugene Airplane. Game follows same stories as the console version. Only real difference is the lack of commentary during matches. No big loss there. Still i give it a 7.7/10

Anyone else got some PSP game reviews to add?

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    How is the CAW system on SvR? Was it even included?

3. rattrap007

News Credits:
    It isn't too bad. saldy you are not given a lot of slots to use in making your CAW. Plus if you use it it takes even longer to load. But the nice thing is you cna transfer CAWs and game info between the PSP and Console.

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    That doesn't sound too bad, really. What about unlockables? I know you need the PSP version to unlock Jake the Snake on the console version, is there anything ont eh PSP you need the Console for?

5. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Wipeout pure:
    Actually improves over the PS2 version in that there isn't the occasional lag as the system tries to keep up with the game, plenty of leagues etc. to work through and controls are just right IMO.
    Won't give you a headache like the PS2 version either lol.

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    not to my knowledge

7. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lumines - Unique puzzle game where the music actually plays a role in game. The object is to make blocks of the same color of size 4 and how a bar that moves across the screen destroy them. The best description of this game is "Tetris on Crack." 10/10