Some questions... may be good for botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by plpiro, Mar 11, 2008.

1. plpiro

plpiro Well-Known Member

Well I don't post here to often but I've been a long time reader. It always seems that something I would have said gets said so I never really bother. Lately, i've been thinking about some different things some of which I would probable ask at Botcon if I were able to go. Maybe I've missed it and some of these are answered. Thats why I posted here instead of in the convention section but if it needs to be moved feel free.

So here are some questions I would like asked at Botcon. If there has already been an answer and I missed it please share! If you are going and want to ask some of this that would be cool. I have a feeling a lot of it will be asked but sometimes I read the questions different people ask at conventions and I wonder why they don't do a little research before asking.

here goes...

1. Any chance of seeing G1 DVDs being re-released in the US? I remember hearing that some might come out but don't recall anything recently. Besides G1 any other series? My nephew has been watching the original Ninja Turtles and it got me to thinking if those can be found for a good price why can't we get transformers.

2. For Hasbro, Any chance of seeing different previously released hard to find figures coming out again maybe through the Hasbro toy shop? Like reissue soundwave, the last alternators, titanium, etc. Also any chance of some takaratomy releases coming through the store like reissue sky lynx, omega supreme?

3. For FP, I know this one is going to catch some flack. The seekers. Any chance of seeing these come out again through the club? Maybe a special 3 pack or something? I haven’t joined the club and this would probably be a big incentive to join!

4. Okay if the answer for the club is no would Hasbro release them painted different or in new molds? Or is takaratomy planning on releasing them?

5. Is the 6inch titanium line definitely cancelled? If so any chance of seeing the unreleased molds somewhere else like classics or exclusives somewhere?

6. Speaking of titanium what about the 3inch line? What about the movie figures that we didn’t get? (starscream, baricade)

I had some more but can’t think of them at the moment. If there is any interest I will add so more later. And if I get raked over the coals because of some these questions so be it. Feel free to add your own questions and maybe we will get a good list going here!

--Paul

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd imagine from past experience that the answer is no, since A) none of the parties involved want to cheap out on the exclusivity and B) if past years are anything to go by, the molds for the new parts would have been broken after Botcon, so at the very least, Thrust is completely out of the question now.

I'd imagine for the reasons above, the same guys in different / tweaked colours is a no. But hey, new molds are always possible, but I'm not sure what Hasbro would be planning for Animated. If the plot goes the way it seems to be, we might see an Animated Seeker team. That would potentially mean that there would not be any Universe ones for the time being.

But hey, who knows? It's in the hands of Hasbro right now.

The response at Botcon was "it's finished, but there may still be hope for the four shown on the tour". I'd love to know if there is any chance of getting some of those as well. Those four designs looked pretty cool, though there's no telling if they would have come out as well as they looked as unpainted protos in final versions.

Still, I'd have loved to have that War Within Bumblebee or that Shockwave. Not sure how Animated fits together, though. We know most of those protos, apart from Cosmos, are potentially showing up somewhere up the road in Animated, or have shown up already.

3. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    me, i'd like to know if anything big is planned [aside from the sequel, which will hopefully not get derailed by any more striking] for the 25th anniversary.

4. plpiro

plpiro Well-Known Member

Yea you are probably right I'm just hoping. I thought maybe if they released a special 3 pack exclusive to the club or something.

I just would really like an updated complete seeker team. Animated could be cool. The colors may be different since starscream has a lot of blue.

I would love to see them somewhere. It finally seemed like the titanium line hit its stride and then it was gone!

And to lastmaximal - I too would like to know the big plans. Since I believe at toy fair there were hints of future masterpiece figures and maybe a combiner.

I would also like to know more plans for universe and animated.