some questions about gaogaigar toys.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

and no, I'm not searching through dozens of pages of the brave thread :p  anyway, I just got done watching the 49 episode series, and have some questions:

1. did they ever make a king j-der toy? I've never seen one, and assume it would be cost prohibitive anyway.

2. mic sounders, in "rock star" mode appears sometimes to have 2 left arms. true or just a weird camera angle?

3. I assumed this genesic ggg toy that I've seen would show up in the last half of the show, but didn't. where's he from?

4. is it possible to get a ggg figure that can connect with all of the tool bots, i.e. goldymarg (especially a transforming one), driver, and pliers?

thanks!

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    1) Yes. Made by Takara. One big brick :) 
    2) Its how his transformation works.
    3)He's from Gaogaigar Final a 12 epiode OVA of Gaogaigar. Theres also a remake to connect it to Betterman called Grand Glorious Gathering.
    4) I think the CM's Gaogaigar can.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2) I'm assuming you're talking about some of those pics, where he's wailing on his guitar while holding onto a microphone with a third hand? With his transformation, the arms from his regular mode wind up on his back, and they're still usable, so he's actually got four functional arms after System Change.

4) CM Corp's Gaogaigar figures are all designed to be modular and cross-compatible with all their other GGG merch. They put out a Goldymarg with their Star Gaogaigar giftset (not sure if he was available individually or not), the Dimensional Pliers are available as a pseudo model kit that's made to be compatible with the GGG sets, the Dividing Driver comes with Gaogaigar and Star Gaogaigar, and the Bolting Driver comes with GaoFighgar. Additionally, they just released GaiGo, which is a transforming version of what I understand is a mech from Betterman, which combines with GaoFighgar's Drill Gao 2 and Liner Gao 2, and Star Gaogaigar's Stealth Gao to form GaoGaigo, which appears in a new OVA.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, as stated they made one. He's one big guy, not the second largest next to Maximus as some claim (I've seen others who are bigger than J Der) but he is pretty huge.

as already mentioned, it's his transformation

Genesic Gaogaigar only appears in the OVA, Gaogaigar Final, in episodes 6, 7 and 8. The first five are where you see GaoFighGar. For the record, GGG Final is seven half hour episodes with the eighth being over an hour long. Grand Glorious Gathering is the TV adaptation which is 12 twenty minute episodes, it rearranges certain scenes to better fit the different format, adds extra flashbacks to series and earlier episodes, and an extra scene where Papillion Noir speaks with Betterman Lamia, cementing the two series ties.

Get the CM's Star Gaigargar, he comes with all the parts from their initial GGG release, plus the Gatling Driver, Goldymarg, and Stealth Gao II parts.
    The Pliers are also available from CMs, they're a snap kit, assembly required but you don't need any glue or paint. They're decent.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

thanks for the info guys! the mic transformation was confusing me throughout the whole show. this gives me a few more questions:

1. what's the usual going price for a king j-der? I ususally get the korean releases, so I'm hoping it's not a TON. oh, and any pics of this dude? I can't find them anywhere.

2. solfury: did you really mean Star Gaigargar or was that some kind of typo? and what does that sucker ususally go for? again, a pic would be groovy :thumb 

6. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    1) J Der is pretty hard to come by, although if you can use Yahoo Japan auctions, it works out in the $60 - 80 range, more or less. Mine cost me a bit more but I was stupid and let myself get into a bidding war over the thing. Still worth what I ended up paying.

2) Yes, I really meant Star Gaogaigar. I don't own that one, but what CM's did, they released their initial Gaogaigar to reflect episode #1 (so Dividing Driver, a very cool Broken Phantom accessory, and all that). Later, they released a power up set with the Stealth Gao 2 parts and other accessories to go with the earlier GGG to reflect his later series appearance. As a bonus, the initial release and the power up set were both sold as a giftset. Again not sure on the price but by now you'd be looking at upwards of $140 for the set.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

BEST.
    TRANSFORMING.
    ROBOT.
    SERIES
    EVER.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    even at 60 or 80, J-Der is a bargain. he's HUGE.

9. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    It was a typo. They are all called Gaogaigar apart from the first GGG Final mecha Gaofighgar/Gaofaigar.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm still looking for a pic of j-der :p 

11. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
  12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ugh, maybe not. couldn't see the geocities pic, but the other one looked horrible.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

QFT!

GGG rules! :) 

And why hasn't an updated, fully transformable version of Volfogg been made yet? It's looking like I'm going to have to kitbash Cybertron HotShot after all... :) 

Well, to be fair, the oldschool GGG figures are mid-90's bricks.

The CM's versions are considerably more dynamic.

zmog

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, but I've got might gaine, build tiger, and a few others, and even though they're bricks, they look cool. my wallet thanks me that I don't like j-der.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Volfogg himself could work, but I think Big Volfogg is physically impossible.

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yeah. It's the whole "legs are the same in both modes" thing. Either you wind up with a Volfogg with proportionately huge legs, or a gorilla-like Big Volfogg. His proportions are anime-magic'ed up the wazoo.

I suppose it could work if they cheated on his tranformation and eschewed the anime-accuracy for a more complex system, but otherwise, it's a mess.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really hope to get my hands on the Brave series toys one day, so many must haves, especially with GGG. I need a better source of income soooo bad.

18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm hoping TakaraTomy return to the Masterpiece Brave series soon-ish. Masterpiece Great Exkaiser was great, and I'd love to see more out of the line, especially ones that wouldn't be hindered by Exkaiser's somewhat odd transformation. I'm kinda hoping they try their own hand at Gaogaigar, as I absolutely love the character's design, but the toy offerings thus far are kinda weak in my eyes. The original is nice and solid, but the proportions are far from great. CM's offerings have that angle down, but the quality on those could be better. I'd really like something that offers the best of both worlds for this guy.

Although, after seeing Studio Halfeye's take, I wouldn't be opposed to a Might Gaine, either. But a Masterpiece GGG would be my grail. Otherwise, given time, I might just have to make my own.

19. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Please no Gaogaigar next. I see him everywhere over the net. I cant take another Gaogaigar remake. Do Fighbird or Dagarn next! Do it in order or something.

20. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Da Garn is most overdue for the masterpiece treatment. Ga Orn on screen VS Ga Orn the toy was really sold short. Masterpiece Ga Orn with the option for both versions of the GX Buster, his tomahawks, and Da Garn X with his Earth Buster (so he can hold it in a show accurate pose) would be awesome.
    Since Da Garn is one of the more highly regarded Brave shows among Japanese fans as well, you know they'd do pretty well.