Some personal help is needed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mechafire, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have been thinking about making a thread on this for days, and since it has finally reached the breaking point, I need some opinions from people besides my family.

Well, about 2 weeks ago, my mom had left for a trip to Seattle, WA. (We live in PA, her other kids live in WA.)

During her trip, I unexpectedly got pain in my back. Not severe at all, but definantly enough to take notice.

Next day, I start getting chest pain, with it radiating into my left shoulder. My dad gives me a Motrin, and we go to bed, and wait to see how it is in the morning. Now I have both back and chest pain.

Next day comes. I still have the pain. Having looked this up on the internet, I get in my mind I may be having: a heart attack. I ask my dad to take me to my family doctor. (For those who know what I am talking about, this was before his daughter died, so yes, he was still sane.)

I am tested with all the stuff, and he says everything seems 100% normal.

Next day, I am still unconvinced, as I still have the pain. I start to panic.

Fast forward to the day when my mom returns, she assures me everything is fine. But I am still unconvinced.

The next day, my mom gets back, but I STILL have the pain, now joined by something much more frightening: it was ever so slightly harder to breathe. Not much, though. The doc calls (the one I saw), and tells us to go to the hospital just to make sure everything is ok. He said they could do more tests there.

So I get tested, and everything is 100% a ok, as the hospital said. They said I have as much chance of having a heart attack at my age as anyone does by getting struck by lightening.

But, of course, I STILL have the "symptoms", as I call them.

So we make an appointment with the local cartiologist (sp?). I do all the tests he says to do, even wearing this heart monitor for 24 hours and doing the stress test, and still another says everything is normal! Damn.

Now tonight, I just racked up another problem: my heart feels as if it is skipping beats more than normal.

So now I come to you for opinions. Looking it up more, I see that I have the top symptoms for heart attack. I have been panicing every night, and I just can't live with all the fear and stress. Yes, I may be a hardhead, but I just can't shrug off all of these things, all of them pointing to a problem.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Stop being a hypocondriac.

You believe yourself to be sick, and you're focusing on EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. It's probably allergies. Seriously. Chill out.

3. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

While I have never had a heart attack, I am not sure it would take a few days to hit you. Kinda sounds like Plurasy ( I know I am spelling that wrong) but like an inflamation of the tissue around the lungs. Can feel like you may be having a heart attack. Which is what I thought when I had it myself.

But I am no doctor......just a guy at a keyboard :D 

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

You could be having a panic attack/ stress attack. Have them look into that. I used to have those with symptoms similar to yours.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

They are pointing to a problem, Hypcondria. Being wound so tight over your "symptoms" is giving you symptoms.

But really anxiety is the more likely culprit. Anxiety I know from. My mom and her family are all tightly wound and high strung. So am I and my brother. Your post is dripping with anxiety. I worry about anything and everything. I hate to use the phone cause I can't see who I'm talking too. My borther worries that he's caught some rare disease or has a cancer of something or some other condition. He researches them on the internet. Sound familiar?

So what do you do? Find something to calm yourself down and/or distract yourself. And find it quick.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    panic attack/ stress attack.

7. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Pick up smoking. Works for me.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The more you focus on it the more you are going to freak out and the worse it's going to be. You probable just strained your back or something.

But if you are having a heart attack call the Guinness Book people because you are setting a world record for longest heart attack of all the times.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  9. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I guess maybe I am focusing in a little too much. That is what everyone around me says. And I keep telling them, and this is true:

I wake up, feeling fine the whole day. then the symptoms start, and THAT is when I begin focusing in on them. Not the other way around.

I began feeling worried when all these symptoms began, and I didn't get the symptoms when I started worrying.

Well, If I was having a heart attack, would it take this long? All this crap started a few weeks ago. Could these be drawn out warining signs?

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sounds more of a serious discomfort rather than an attack. Would call your personal doc and maybe get a prescription , better advice, and another opinion on the whole issue.

Hope everything's okay

11. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Wow dude, that sounds EXACTLY like me. So maybe it's that, combined with a panic/stress attack...

12. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    How old are you 13? That's what you're profile said.

13. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Yeah, so?

14. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    A heart attack doesn't tease you beforehand.

It hits you like a fucking truck and knocks you on your ass and gives you plenty of expensive medical bills that will probably cause you to go in to debt and ruin your credit for the remainder of your life.

If heart attacks gave you WEEKS of warning, they wouldn't happen to anyone anymore.

15. Chaos Muffin

Have you been playing mature video games? lol

coffee

16. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Yeah I guess so.

It's just everything I read on the internet:

If you feel these eymptoms, GET TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY. People usually wait 2 hours to see if they feel better. Don't do this. Many doctors perform malpractice, so make sure it is a professional you are seeing. Get help IMMEDIATELY, if you are experiencing (symptoms, which many I have). Hundreds of people wait too long and unfortunately do not make it. [/made up quote]

So how the hell am I supposed to just ignore this?

Sorry if I seem like (am?) a hypocondriac.

17. Chaos Muffin

Have you asked your mom yet? Does she know how you're feeling? Is she aware?
    Has she called anyone to help? Is she hot? Are we the only one's you've told this too lately?

Im about to beat BB's post by seconds, cause im faster

18. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Growing pains perhaps. Your body is changing. Just toughen up and you'll be fine. You have no idea all the pains I have. Like my foot, if I don't use these in-souls it's nuts. Even with them I have hard days. So I sack up and deal with it. Let me tell you something life is horrible, just horrible. I mean really bad and the older you get the more things are going to suck. You will hurt, and there will be no logic to it. My foot, my back, my shoulder I'm a mess and you will be one too. Enjoy what you have now because in less the 20 years you'll start really braking down. Now that might sound like a long time but trust me, you're going to turn around and it's gone. I'm starting to get gray in my beard. Do you have any idea what that's like? It's f-ing horrible that's what it's like. The first time someone told me "you have something stuck in your beard" and it turned out to be a gray hair. OMG! I yanked that sucker out like quick. But I'm losing the war, they are coming to fast I'm going to need that Just for Men crap soon. So knock on wood you never have a real deal heart attack, not even a low grade one becasue you will know it.

19. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Be quiet Buzzbeak.

I'm going gray and I'm younger than you.

20. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess. So you think panic/stress attacks coul explain all this? Even the skipped heartbeats?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.