Some one please explain something to me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Too true, unfortunately.

Indeed. The internet is filled with Internet Tough Guys. It isn't limited to any single part of the internet. It's pretty much everywhere.

Wise words.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm remembering the multiple threads that th OP made within minutes of each other, and the conversations that went on in them. I'm seeing contradictions between what was actually said by posters to the OP and then what is being presented in this thread about those conversations, seemingly to make the OP's side come off more sympathetic.

This shit is a mess. It doesn't even have anything to do with me, but it's a bit odd watching non-truths in action. :-\

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I just check on this myself. I created 3 threads in 2 days:

1- 1:55PM on the 26th: asking questions on why Hasbro couldn't sell directly to consumers and why they couldn't communicate better with the collector base.

2- 8:14 on the 27th: was a joke e-mail making fun of the whole thing. It was intended as a joke, and I guess did not come off as one. I explained that it was supposed to be a joke in the thread.

3- 9:06 on the 27th: I wrote that maybe we should e-mail Hasbro a polite e-mail letting us know the interest for the PE Line.

I looked back at those and read them, and asked myself, am I being a jerk toward other members here? The only thing I could think of, is that there were already enough threads about this stuff, so I shouldn't have posted another one.

But in those threads, I was never rude and disrespectful to any of the members on here. I actually read every post to make sure I wasn't.

So I do appreciate the message. I shouldn't have posted 3 threads within 2 days. I actually looked at them as seperate items all together with 3 completely different purposes. But I do see it from the other side of things as well. It pissed some people off.

But at the same time, going and making attacking comments is not the way to go about those things. So I will take responsibility on my part, but at the same time I don't think getting attacked for it is the right thing either.

So I miss the part about miss truths on this. The threads are open, and my comments can be easily seen. Not one did I disrespect some one else. If the disrespect came in off by the three threads in 2 days, then I need to think harder on that and how that offended people I guess.

Whether I post this or not, we do see what I am talking about from new members all the way to members that have been around for a long time. People, when they disagree will rage against a member.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    That....was "coolio".....:D 

:p 

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - Sorry, I saw them pop up one after the other, so maybe they were just coinceidentally bumped at the same time.

- I can personally say one misstruth: I personally posted that you should get some friends in Canada for the sake of helping you get some toys sent to you that you were looking for, and then you turn around and post in this thread that you were "Told to get some friends" as if it were just a "diss" said to you just because. Not cool. Not cool at all. Especially after I offered to help you obtain what you were looking for.

And where were you called a bad parent at ALL?

- I don't think you, or anyone else should be attacked, or feel attacked on the boards. It's the exact same thing I'm talking about in the thread regarding price increase. People can disagree on something, but they don't have to beat members down like their opinion is God.

6. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I still love u alucard77 :) 

Even more now that u admit to being a G1 junkie now.

Don't worry about it, its just the net.

(gimme a link to the joke email, I missed that one)

If I had a passport I would go to Canada and bring back a car full of Prime FE to scalp the hell out of and it would make me a bad person, but it would pay for my collection habit for the next year or two easy lol

It simply comes down to human knee jerk reaction and people can't remember the debacle that RTS was just in the last 6 mths. If anyone had patience it would not be a big deal at all.(Hasbro admits the stuff has been made and there is more of it, it's going to go somewhere)

Same thing goes for the posts asking about emailing the company, there is nothing wrong in doing it for those who can actually put real thoughts to paper or email without going into a useless personal diatribe that the end result will be the reader laughing as he deletes it.

Two things that never should be put in the same sentence, rationalization and fan base lol.

Now go get some copper sulphate to flush down the drain :D 

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    - For the friends, thing, I think I misunderstood that part in general. Which can also be the case as it happens on this board. This is what the post was:

I probably took it personally as it was added to the butt hurt comment. Just read as some one needs to get friends.

I have no problem with you at all TJ, I think we discuss and have a mutual respect. I certainly appreciate your help.

- The bad parent thing was in a completely seprate thread called a moment of sanity, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/536786-moment-sanity.html. You can read what was posted if you are interested. The guy who said it, changed his post. The Quoted comment was what he originally said.

- In the same thread, you can see bellpeppers being upset about the way he is spoken too in another thread as well. Also, you can see this in AutobotGrimlocks thread as well.

- Last thing, the items I mention span my own experiences and others that I have seen. Not from one item, but from all around. So I did not want you to feel pointed out in this at all. Like I said, it sounds like a misunderstanding on that post. But there are others, who do this constantly and purposely.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/536249-hasbro-fans-collectors.html

I posted a little buzzed that night, so maybe it wasn't funny, but that was the intention.

8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - My big thing is "action first, complaining second", and that's why I wrote that in that way. If I know there's something I want, I'll look for it, and ask people who have it available without saying a PEEP to anyone else after I've found or have given up. Because, all that "bitching" does is alert people that there's a shortage of something, and they're going to go on the prowl too. So yes, when there's a shortage of something, it's time to make friends and build bridges, rather than even TALKING about it IMO.

I learned to start doing this, after I'd posted I was looking for Warbot and made a big thread about it, and suddenly 1 by 1 retailers started losing stock and ebay listings started skyrocketing.

So no, there was no dissrespect meant, and I stand by it. It's self-destructive to make a complaint thread over things you're TRYING to obtain. This fandom is sneaky and you have to watch out for you first.

And, I have no probs with you either Ed.. I was just bugged that it felt like I said something to add insight and it was postd as an insult "just because", but if you thought it was grouped onto other negativity, I can see where you're coming from. Hopefully this elaboration helps though.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's the internet shield. It is so much easier to attack someone through a computer because there's no real repercussion. The funny thing is NOBODY is like this in person. I've been to 3 BotCons and several Transformers meet ups with locals, it is NOTHING like what we all experience on TFW or the internet in general. I can tell you I know of a few posters on this board that are complete self entitled dicks that looooove to start something. But in person? oh they're much different. You do get those people who are just dicks in nature, but I blame the hostility on the internet shield.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yup, I totally hear you on this.

11. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

12. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Bitching about bitching about bitching.

Bitchception, yo.

13. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You did not just throw a Bone Thugs reference in this mug did you?

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Tell me you didn't just mistake Coolio for Bone Thugs. I think the Bone Thugs are pissed now.:D 

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

While I don't often agree with what you post your threads about, I do agree about this. I've always tried to remain civil with my disagreement(s). Sometimes. I don't know who called you a bad parent, but that is far beyond any line of reasonable debate.

Personally though, I try to let it all roll off my back. I mean, someone implied I was some kind of terrorist threat because I made an order from KOToys. That's just ridiculous. And ultimately that person would never say such a thing to my face.

I have my opinions, and I can be outspoken at times. And I'm that way in person, if maybe with a little more tact. I'm not anonymous either. That's me in my avatar and sig. If people want to, they can watch my YouTube videos, few and far between as they are. And I'm always willing to give the other side of a discussion, because I never just see things from one standpoint. To understand a situation, sometimes you need to put yourself on the other side of it, or simply take yourself out of the situation to look at it objectively.

Anyway. I've been on Internet message boards a while now, so maybe people and issues like this bothered me at a time. But I've gotten over it. People are brave behind their monitors.

16. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TJ- I think you've become somewhat of a trend setter in that respect on this site. Seriously, when you posted about Warbot, prices increased. Showing off your awesome pics of Munitioner and Explorer, sold out, prices doubled. When you made your shockwave custom, tons of people started selling energon shockblast for way more (despite there already being a few customs using that as the base). Maybe it's all anecdotal but I swear I've seen the relationship. If I didn't know you hated movie toys I'd swear you were responsible for the prices of the leaders going up lol.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ignore the ad hominems, stick to the facts. Discuss your opinions rationally. That'll get you pretty far without hassle.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Nothing against TJ, but no...

Warbot I can see. Newer member strikes up interest by introducing an item that new members hadn't seen previously.

Munitioner and Explorer were hot from the onset. My local import guy was having trouble getting them in because the large online retailers were eating up orders.

And Shockwave... people have been doing custom Shockwaves since I joined this board. More people have done that than the Ptitvite-styled Devastator. And just like anything else, it comes in waves. You'll see 3 one month, none the next, then 5 after that.

TJ seems like a cool guy and everything, but I don't see what you're seeing.

19. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Yep! Just look at this place like you would your other life (you know, the one outside of here). Pick through/overlook all the bullshit and roll on! Be yourself, be good and u gon b awright! :wink: 

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, me and you have disagreed and agreed at times. I have to say, that I disagree with some of my closest friends. I have to say, I learn the most from people who I disagree with. Seeing it from another stand point is always interesting to me.

Thanks, you actually master this rather well. You stick to the known facts all the time. But realistically you are one of my favorite members on here because of what you wrote above, and for the amount of time I have taken looking at your pics.

Yup, I forget who said it, but it is, be the change you want to see in the world.