Some of my collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by AnthonyPrime200, Jun 12, 2008.

1. AnthonyPrime200

AnthonyPrime200 Banned

Ok my son is 5 now and there isn't an adjective with enough description to explain his addiction to transformers. Last year my mom was cleanin out her attick and found my old actual tf case from the G1 days. My son was stayin with her that night so he was curious and started playin around with a few of them and all hell broke loose. This was right before the 2007 movie came out, so we had to go see it. At that time I personally coulda cared less about tf'ers seeing as how I didn't last far past the G1 days, and honestly I didn't even know tf'ers still existed....I truly thought they had died out sometime after the G1 series. I had no idea of the armada, cybertron, energon series etc....So we went to the movie and it blew me n my wife away including my son, this just fuel'd his addiction more, and something cool happened....it rekindled my youth so-to-speak. I began to remember christmas morning years upon years ago opening the G1 optimus prime and remembering my very first tf "sunstreaker". At this point I wouldn't say I was hooked, but I was curious and I saw his interest, and anything my son is into...I try to provide him with, I love to see him smile. We started renting some of the old series from the video store and I would watch/play with him. At that point n time inside I was a little upset at the cartoon series of armada, energon, etc.....they reminded me nothing of the old G1 days, but my son didn't care he loved everything about it and you know what....the more I watched the more it grew on me because I relized this is no longer about me this is about the him and the kids. As we continued my son began to wonder why my old g1 starscream, optimus primes trailer, huffer....weren't in the new cartoons and I "tried" to explain to him that those were from the old cartoons. He told me "well you need to get the old cartoons". One day at work I was tellin a co-worker about my son's new-found fascination and how cool it was, and he shocked me by tellin me he had G1 season 1 on DVD, so he made me a copy and opened up a whole slew of new doors to me and my son. All the while we're buyin up all the 2007 movie toys for him, some old cybertron, R.I.D's...etc. During the course of last year my son went from the entire G1 seasons 1-3, the complete cybertron series, damn near all of armada and energon *all of the series we watched together....f'n awesome*. Everywhere we went in the van....the dvd player had some version of tf'ers goin, in his room......tf'ers non-stop. It's weird to say but 2007 turned me into a kid again, and now with tf animated series...you know where to find me, my wife, and my son at 10:30 in the morning. Which brings me to my wife, the cool thing is that...no she's not hooked like us, but she knows her fair share about the cartoons/movie/characters....I feel lucky to have a wife like that, she calls me a geek now cause i'm posin characters in battle modes n shit....lmao. Being that we live in Ohio we all got a chance to go to Botcon this year, which was really cool. In closing, thanks to my son for giving me this spirit back and thanks to my wife for giving me the best thing in life.........my boy!

Here is some of his collection so far, he has alot more that we haven't photo'd yet.
    http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/AnthonyPrime2000/Transformers/

You can check out his youtube page too if you like, please leave nice comments, dont piss dad off.
    http://www.youtube.com/AnthonyPrime2000

2. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are some funny pictures in there. Seems like he has a good family who is feeding his addition judging by the photos. It is great to see kids enjoying TFs as much as we did when we were children.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  3. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

That's one lucky kid to have such generous parents. Good on you man! Keep the TF love alive!

4. dragooner

dragooner Optimus' BFF

Man I can't tell you how much your story reminds me of.......ME!!!!! I also had grown apart from TF'ers after G1 ended and wasn't really into the G2 stuff. Then, along came my 5 & 4 year old sons, and for the heck of it I bought them the Chinese G1 boxset from Tfsource.com and BAM, back to 1984 I go. Since then my boys and I are reliving the days.

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Thats pretty cool. I'm glad your son likes TF's so much.

6. AnthonyPrime200

AnthonyPrime200 Banned

Thx for all the comments:
    we'll have more pics of his collection soon!

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    That's a wonderful story! I'm glad that the 2007 movie re-sparked your love for the giant robots and got your son hooked in. I't nice to see a father and son sharing an intense love for a hobby, treasure and feed this moments.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome pics d00d. It's always great to see kids enjoying TFs!

9. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

Well tahts more then I ahve! And holy crap!SOUNDWAVE IW ANT I ENVY!

10. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hye Man, its cool to see someone else sharing TF with his son!

I do the same damn thing but heres the question so you allow him to open them???
    My rules like this

Animated open away!
    If he wants G1 i buy wm loose, but my stuff stays boxed:) 
    I even have a extra set of animated on card in the closet!

11. Ravens

Ravens My All Spark

Ebay:
    Great collection...

12. AnthonyPrime200

AnthonyPrime200 Banned

thx for the comments everyone. i'm gonna post the pics in this thread cuz i'm sure there are alot of ppl that exit out if they aren't here from the start.

aprim - well he has 50-100 unboxed from g1 to the present "i get real nervous when he busts out the g1's". and he has 50+ that are still boxed up. i think i'm gonna start buyin him loose when he wants an old one, and buy a box'd for the collection, that'll save my nerves.

Heres the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This isn't even close to all of them, i'm tryin to get a large display case for his room for the loose, and build some shelving for the box'd.

Thx for looking....more pics coming!

http://www.youtube.com/AnthonyPrime2000

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that's quite a B-Day haul.

14. luke4

luke4 crocon

thats one lucky kid... i wish my dad were like u :lol 

15. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

rock on, looks killer! i do the same with my sons.

16. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

good story and collection