Some numbers on the Canadian Distribution of FE @TRU.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WoundSave, Feb 8, 2012.

1. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, last week i started up a thread under the misconception that there were a bunch of voyagers out there somewhere in Canada ready to hit shelves.

I must of misunderstood, or it wasnt explained properly - admittedly i had my 3 and 7 year doing the whole "can i get this, what about this, can i get a gum etc etc etc" while i was trying to talk to the woman at the customer service/returns desk.

I had a feeling i had gotten something wrong, so i went back and did some more digging, bribed the kids with a ride on one of those dollar "rides", and was a little more pushy about looking at the inventory screen.

Turn out that TRU Canada ordered 1600 boxes of voyager Primes (i didnt bother them to check on deluxes or ent packs) - only ever received 1498 of them, and even though the computer says that listing is still active, the older manager type who came up while i was talking to the younger girl explained that that produce was now cancelled.

So there were only ever 1498 FE hasbro bulkheads in circulation in Canada and 4494 Primes.

[​IMG]

I have a feeling that the reason they didnt get distributed in the States is that there weren't enough to go around- so they didnt get picked up cause TRU or whatever retail outlet didnt want to bother making space for toys they could only ever get a few boxes of. IDK- the FE i've bought have a wide variety of countries mentioned on the packaging.

Deluxe Cliffjumper - On the cardback - line 1 - In english and french - it says "product and colours may vary. Retain this package for future refernce. Then in english onlyline 2 mentions license under TOMY company limities, and Hasbro, Pawtucket USA.
    Then Hasbro Canada with a Quebec address and 1-800 number
    then (in english and french) "made in China" 12341 embosed right after tha-

the insert inside the bubble also has some legal mumbo jumbo - in spanish - says it was "importado por: servicios Mexicanos de Manufactura" - then an address - continues for Chile, Peru, Colombia - and finishes with Made in CHina - Hecho en China.

Voyager Boxes have two separate parts as well- the plastic bubble containing the figure and then the flimsy cardboard bottom that the bubble slides into. The insert in the bubble has no legal mumbo on it- the only thing is a P/N number.

the bottom piece has the same spanish Mexico/chile/peru/colombia printed on the bottom face, and a french/english stuff i mentioned for deluxes that specifically mentions Hasbro Canada. unlike the deluxe- the spanish shipping blurb and the english/french copyright info are printed on the same piece of the packaging.

THe voyager OP say 2-in-1 robot in english french and spanish on the bottom piece of the box- while the Bulkhead has that printed very small beside a choking hazard warning in FRENCH and SPANISH .... the OP has no such warning---- the english warning is printed on the front of the box and says "Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 years old"

Now here is the one that throws me off- the Entertainment Pack has the same Hasbro Canada semi-bilingual/copyright blurb on the back- but on the bottom beside the barcode it reads: "Distributed in Australia by Hasbro Australia Ltd. (address). Distributed in New Zealand by Hasbro NZ..(a branch of Hasbro Australia) address-- Made in China. and an "also available" for this thing

[​IMG]

I dont really know what to make of all that. Does that mean the toys were produced in China, shipped to Mexico, repackaged for Hasbro Canada, then shipped up to Canada through the States...

anyways- i just thought maybe this would help piece some things together for people than understand the business end of these things better than myself.

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice bit of info here, thanks for sharing.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Canada only ever got 1,500 bulkheads and let's say that Asian got the same amount that's only 3,000. That seems like a crazy low number for a Hasbro run. WTF happened?

4. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Simply put: RiD happened.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    My TRU had 5 Bulkheads that I can recall seeing.

1) Went to a guy a know in the city
    2) Don't know, but vanished along with the 1st
    3) Went to a board member
    4) Went to an irl Eric Cartman
    5) Went to CS after getting broken into for parts

6. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a matter of formality but Asian market != Japanese market. Hasbro has the US, and Asian Market when it comes to Transformers. The Japanese market is run by Takara/Tomy