Minor/Repaint: some more of my repaints

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Switch625, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Since the repaints I posted earlier went over so well, I have decided to post the rest of my repaints. Some of these you may have seen in the Optimus Prime tribute thread over in the Toyark.

First we'll start with some Primes. Here's my repainted Energon Optimus Prime. I prefer my Primes to have the primary color scheme, not that mix and match Power Rangers multicolor nonsense. It helped the figure overall, but it still stands in the back of my collection.
    [​IMG]

G2 Hero Optimus Prime (I like that this repaint gives Prime a blue cab for a change.)
    [​IMG]

G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime (I love this figure! I'm still thinking about some graphics for the tanker.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Universe Optimus Primal (Repainted to be show accurate.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one's my botched attempt to create a Beast Wars Rodimus Primal from a Big Lots KO Lio Convoy. It still needs a head but I can't find anything that's big enough and looks like Rodimus to me. The mane and tail were supposed to look like flames, but they didn't turn out so well. Plus the cheap plastic of the KO is causing the orange paint to flake and chip off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Speaking of knock offs, this is a KO of Star Saber that I got off of eBay. The colors were all switched around, it had no stickers and it had chrome on the "ears" and gun. I got the stickers from Reprolabels. The sword is warped a little, but it still looks really good.
    [​IMG]

That's pretty much all of them. I hope you like them.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    SWEEET!!! I love those customs, really sharp and clean.

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

nice work. I wish some of the originals used those colors

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent work! :thumb 

5. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I'm really liking that Laser Optimus.

6. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

NOW WHY DIDN'T TAKARA JUST release this (instead of Magnus?)
    That's nice!!

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm...that's because they're probably releasing something similar for the regular release, perhaps? (UM is the E-Hobby repaint)

Nice paint work man. I'm not sure if it's the picture quality or what, but I honestly can't distinguish it from plastic tones. It all looks very smooth and evenly applied, with little to no signs of cracking or wear. :thumb 

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I concur. That Optimus Primal looks almost exactly like the Beast Wars original. They're all nice, especially the Laser Prime. Is it an actual Laser Prime repaint or a Scourge repaint?

9. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

that laser convoy is easily the best repaint but i dont really like the lio convoy, dosent look to good but its ok

10. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

From the chromed trailer, I'd imagine he repainted an RID Scourge/Carrobots Black Convoy.

11. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Because the obvious decisions are the most easily overlooked. Especially by corporations.

I couldn't agree more, that's one of the reasons why I scrapped the project. I'd still like to find a suitable Rodimus Primal project though. Maybe Leobreaker?

You are correct. I originally bought 2 Scourges but rather than sell one I decided to put it to good use.

12. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. I'm leaning more towards the fact that it looks too close to the regular reissue release and that would've equalled a loss of sales because people would choose one or the other since the would've been the same character with different paintjobs. They have a higher chance of both companies making more money with 2 different characters and 2 completely different paintjobs.

They could have released the regular reissue in the new "Prime" colors, but then it wouldn't be a reissue anymore. It would've become Universe Laser Prime. Which in itself isn't a bad idea if you ask me, but I digress...

To bring this topic back on track...

Your repaints are really slick, good job on them, keep up the good work.

13. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Energon Prime looks phenomenal!

14. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Yes, but that is just what they are doing for Galvatron.

Anyway, those repaints do look good. I especially like the Hero prime. The Energon and Laser Rod look great too. The yellow on the botm of the waist looks a bit awkward, but the upper yellow waist part looks great.

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Energon and Laser Primes look great. I did something similar with my Hero Prime a while back, almost the exact same way you did. I sort of regret it since I didn't have two but it does look better with proper colors. You've got a cool thing going with the Rodimus Primal, I wish you luck with the head. Nothing much to say about Optimus Primal there, but it does look nice. Very cool stuff!

If I can still find a clearance Energon Prime at TRU or somewhere I may do what you did with him. I've always wanted to but never wanted to screw up the one I have. I didn't mind improving my Armada toys really because they were so horribly unfinished looking but I didn't feel like altering any Energon toys. They looked a lot better for the most part.