Some minor news on Transformers videogame for Wii

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, May 1, 2007.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got the lastest issue of Nintendo Power. It says that projectiles will be fired by pointing the Wii Remote at the screen. I wonder what the rest of the controls will be like.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woah. Big stretch there.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're really reaching with incorporating that controller into games. I mean, the pointing the Wiimote at the screen to shoot is a given, but nothing that couldn't be done before with a light gun, but developers are being forced to use that thing instead of focusing on good games. I'll get the PS3/360 and the PSP versions.

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I think its great that you'll have to use the Wiimote to aim and fire. I'm getting used to playing like that now because of Call of Duty 3, Zelda and Red Steel.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Have you ever even PLAYED a Wii game before? Using the wiimote to point at the screen allows for a lot better precision than using a controller, and what good is a light gun when you have no other controls?

Using the wiimote doesn't feel forced at all, once you get used to it. It's very natural.

I'm convinced most of the people who hate on the Wii controls have never even tried it for more than two minutes, if at all.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own a WII, and I bought the GC Zelda version for it. I played my cousin's version of the WII version and could not get into the controls, especially since the act of swinging link's sword revolves around just moving the controller and Link's motions don't mimic your own, so simply pushing a button has the same effect. I use it for the Virtual Console, which is awsome, except for the 10dollar price tag on 20 year old games. Most of the first-person-shooters that come out for it are glitchy and not worth playing. Outside of Zelda, I have not been interested in any game coming for it. A lightsabre game might be fun (like that old-ass Atari game with the dueling sabre battles.

7. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Windcharger, just scratching my head as to why you baught a Wii in the 1st place, here. I mean, there are people waiting in line for this still. You know you can sell it off and get your money back full?

There's yet to be a good FPS game on the Wii, all the ones you've seen or ports from other systems with Wii controls attached and Red Steel was obviously a rushed title.

Man, the can shooting gallery mini-game on WarioWare is enough to seriously want a lightgun game on the Wii, stuff is seriously addictive.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    just wait till metroid prime 3 comes out, that will satisfy fps controlled games oh ya.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    windcharger, a light gun cannot send info about it's own movement in real space to a system and have it use that in a game. the wii remote knows if you move it closer to or away from the TV, it knows if you turn it. it knows if it's on it's side or upside-down, it knows if it's laying on the floor, it knows if you're moving it up and down and diagonally and sideways. it knows if it's being rolled and how many times it's being rolled and in what direction it's being rolled.

if you want to see what the wii remote is truly capable of that sets it apart from every other controller (and light gun) ever made, try out wario ware. it's the first game for the Wii that would be absolutely impossible on any other system using any type of controller.

10. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

My attempt to bring this back on subject:

I would absolutely love an on-rails, lightgun shooter Transformers game for the Wii. If that's not possible then at least a mini-game on the TF game coming out.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Three words.

Resident. Evil. 4withthatnewguncontrollerholder.

12. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I already have RE4 for the GC and I'll be picking up the Wii version as well.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I do have one gripe with the wiimote - while the wiimote is accurate, and I don't know about anyone else's, but on mine when I point it at the screen, there is no clear line between the wiimote and the onscreen pointer.

It seems like I have to point the wiimote slightly up of center screen to get the onscreen pointer dead-center. I don't know how great that gun-shaped holder will work when I can't get a true line of sight.

Anybody figure out a solution for this? I know the sensor bar is set correctly in the menu, are there any other tweaks to help? Perhaps setting the bar under the TV works better?