Customs: Some Kitbasher questions.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Dec 27, 2007.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Im trying to redo classics 2-pack prime, and I was wondering what size reprolabel autobot symbol to but on his shoulder. And how can I "Make" clear yellow plastic?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    1. I don't know... Ask Delta?

2. Do you mean for the windows? Yellow permanent marker
    If not... It's a long and painful process, not worth it.

3. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

No, for the eyes. I dont like the weird blue purple thing.

4. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i've seen people use beads. worked out well.

as for reprolable. i don't know either. i love their stuff but never tried them. i saw some testors decal paper and another sort for making decals. i want to try those this weekend. i need to install photoshop on this pc. sooooo tired of using mspaint. you can specify the dpi and everything. probably be more cost efficient. i saw some decoy design on the alt rumble. great design. try photoshop first. tutorials are everywhere online.

5. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    put a yellow marker plug in some Future to make a clear yellow acrylic. Make sure its water based markers though or it will leave residue in the mix

6. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Good luck on finding a template for your labels..you might have to buy them from Reprolabels..

EDIT: Why can't sticker sheets pics be found on the internet?

:sly: 

7. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    And then what - poor the stuff into a mold or something? From what I'm getting at, NB wants to replace DPrime's light-piping. I don't think coating blue plastic with yellow plastic is going to provide yellow eyes. =X Not to chuck your plan out the window - it's just a little unclear to me.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    deluxe prime's eyes are such a light shade of blue that you most likely can just put some clear yellow paint (or tinted future) on them to get what you want.

9. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I wasnt sure either but put my pennies in. lol

10. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    they can

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't have the Deluxe Prime, but usually if I want to replace lightpiping (and if you want to turn the blue to yellow you probably will, no matter how light it is), I use a hot glue gun (pretty cheap if you don't have one already, and very useful all round).

First thing you'll need to do is remove any existing light piping. That may involve taking the head apart. Once you've done that, you'll need to make sure there's a space in the back of the head to let light through (some of the Classics moulds, like Bumblebee, have clear eyes, but the rest of the head is solid so the piping doesn't work). It sounds like that's not an issue with Prime, though.

Basically all you need to do then is to take the glue and pump it into the back of the head, making sure it goes through into the eyes. Keep pumping and moving the gun until the head is overfilled.
    Once the glue has set, it'll be a translucent white. Take a sharp knife and carve the glue at the back of the head so the shape blends in with the rest of it. You can use a needle file if you have a set, to really get a good finish.

Then get hold of some yellow clearcoat (Tamiya clearcoats are good; I personally use a cheap set of glass paints that I picked up); if it comes down to it the marker and Future may also work, but I can't vouch for it. Paint the new eyes and the back of the head and you're set!

Here's an example of how it looks on my Classics Cliffjumper, here painted blue:
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/cliffjumper_02-02.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/cliffjumper_02-03.jpg

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ha.. that looks pretty good. btw, in coloring future, the best method is to add food coloring.

13. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    or water based markers The water wash up kind. Make a batch and try both. Ive used both and its the same because thats basically whats in those type of markers. dye.