Heavy/Scratch: Some kind of Bludgeon- WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Soundblaster1, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    As some of you recall, I started a thread late last night asking for input about a Bludgeon bash (link).

Well, today I started to get some of the work done. I have opted to keep this out of the contest because 1) I don't stand a chance, and 2) This is my first actual modification project (I filed down a face once, but that doesn't count)...

Everything I posted yesterday still holds true other than the "shell" idea. The shell will now be a shell-less Armordillo (Odd choice, but it's all I had around) with BWN Randy limbs (I had his limbs and Armordillo's torso, I'm making it work)... I will be taking care of the beast-head on chest problem.

Randy's upper legs will need to be modified (articualtion reasons), as will Armordillo's hips (joint tightening reasons). That will be taken care of.

Next thing to worry about: I'd like the tank portion's turret to be removable. Not sure how to go about doing it, so I posted a pic of what it looks like. I can't see the underside, but I'd assume it's connected the same way. I have no need to maintain the gimmick, as I'll be modifying the turret extensively anyway.

I plan on keeping Dualor's minicon port so I can use it to hold it in the shell.

I still need a head idea. I'm guessing Randy's head plus some kind of sculpting compound (ideas? I have no need for a full order of any kind of stuff, just a little bit of something) could yeild me a good skull head with a helmet.

Weaponry: I have several guns, a crossbow, and probably a sword. I know G1 Bludgeon had a gun and that's it, but I'd like to shoot for at least one other thing.

Lastly... I plan on using some parts from the yellow moth figure (last pic) to increase the samurai appearance. Not sure how, but I hope to.

Thanks for reading. Any and all input is appreciated. This is my first project involving any modificiation at all, so don't be too harsh (what's there to be harsh about other than the beast stuff, though?)

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you really just need to get Apoxie dude. sure it'll last forever, but there's just nothing better out there. you'll fall in love with it fast.

3. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Seeing that I can order 1/4 of a pound fairly reasonably, I might go ahead and do that... (It is made by Aves, right?)

I don't think I'll even use an entire 1/4 pound, but it will make this a lot easier.

4. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

kewl....I've always loved Bludgeon and if you take this project seriously, I bet it will turn out pretty kewl.

maybe.......draw a sketch of how the will all fit together?

as for weapons...the inside robot had a gun, but the shell had an awsome katana samurai sword thing.

most people (like me), who have worked on Bludgeon Kitbashes do not stick with the 'shell' idea......instead people like to incorporate the shell and robot into one figure or only focus on one form of Bludgeon. I like the idea of the mini-con (Bludgeon) attaching to a larger robot (the shell) via a minicon port.

I really like the idea, although I somewhat disagree with the figs u are using (the shell)

anyway, I hope It turns out Great! :thumb 

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I'm now trying to un-pin the existing shoulder piece and flip it around. The minicon will peg into the back somewhere, probably on a peg I'll add into the waist.

[​IMG]

As the picture shows, the minicon is already the perfect size to go there.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

So you won't use the full amount for this project. It just means you won't have to order more next time you need some. And you're bound to need more down the line.

I really like this idea; the lack of articulation was always the Pretenders' biggest downfall, and even back then I was trying to design a system that would allow a figure to placed inside a shell while still allowing the shell to move itself. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

7. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I'll probably end up buying some sooner or later. Might as well be sooner. I hardly ever do this kind of stuff, so I could probably get a pound and be done buying it for the rest of my time here.

I'm glad you like the idea so far. The support is always appreciated. I'm experimenting with various ways to temporarily connect the tank to the outer portion so I can play around with the posability and such.

At this point, it looks like I have everything planned out and it's just a matter of getting it done. I'll be impressed if I actually take it to the end and it looks decent.

8. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I think the whole bug chest and thighs could be used to great effect. Good eye on that. I've always thought that Spawn figures would be a good source for Pretender heads(and bodies), but in the case of Bludgeon, you'd be best off finding a Ghost Rider Movie figure on clearance.

9. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Thanks for the head idea, MECHADOOM.

I'm going to try to incorporate the bug stuff, but it looks like I won't be able to from where I'm at (but I'm going somewhere where I can use the chest at least)

So far:
    Head is done, needs painted. I am going to look into a Ghost Rider movie fig, though, as my head doesn't look evil enough.
    Body is ready to be modified, neck socket was added
    Tank gimmick disabled, turret/barrel cut and ready to be turned into a weapon

Still a lot ahead of me, but it's getting there. Wood putty isn't a bad material to use, for the record...

EDIT 6:10 eastern: Replaced the lower arms with some Gundam arms, worked on the gun some, and assembled the outer bot as a preview. Looks kinda zombified/frankenbot-ish at this point, but it'll get there.

10. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    UPDATE: Started working again...
    Outer bot- arms are still being worked on, need to test an idea that would simplify everything. Some joints still need tightened and whatnot, but it's getting there.
    Inner bot- Done, just needs paint.
    Turret gun- done, just needs paint
    Other gun- done, just needs paint

Pics will come when everything is done but before paint.