Some interesting info on SDCC HTS fiasco

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FCatCH76, Jul 27, 2011.

1. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

Just got this answer from an email I sent about not getting free shipping with my first order yesterday:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your recent order with HasbroToyShop.com. We experienced a system error yesterday that was causing many orders that were placed to receive free shipping. We apologize, however, as this was a system error, we are not able to honor free shipping for orders that were placed before and after this system error occurred. Thank you.

We greatly appreciate your business. If you have additional questions, please visit our website, Games, Toys, Action Figures, Collectibles, and Gifts - HasbroToyShop.com, or contact our Customer Service Center via e-mail at CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com or phone at 1-800-408-0052
    Sincerely yours,

Caitlin
    Hasbrotoyshop.com Customer Servic
    e

If this is not news I apologize, just thought it was interesting. Makes the free shipping even sweeter!!

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet. The sweet taste of free shipping on my non-existent Starscream. So sweet.

3. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

No purple text? At least our Primes were shipped fo' free. Funny though, the shipping isn't what really caused people the heartburn.

4. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    At least those who are angry at HTS over the poor performance of the website yesterday can take solace in the fact HTS is going to take a major, major hit shipping this all out for free. One can even say its karma, if a business can be affected by such a thing.

That Ultimate Optimus Prime and Sentinel are HEAVY... I really don't want to see how much they are losing by shipping multiple orders like that for nothing.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I'd be more inclined to have an issue with their poor performance full stop.

6. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will be curious to see how this plays out, as when they had that big snafu a couple of weeks ago when it was supposed to be free shipping on orders of $25 or more of TFs, and at the beginning it was giving free shipping AND $25 off an order of TFs, they honored those snafus

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Domestic shipping shouldn't be that bad, I think it was about $30 to ship to Canada with UPS from Amazon. And keep in mind they more than likely get the toys for distributor's cost, not dealer's cost... Quite some room left for profit.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have not received an e-mail telling me they are going to add shipping. I don't think they can once the order is placed. We didn't know it was an error.

9. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

And you won't... read this again:

we are not able to honor free shipping for orders that were placed before and after this system error occurred.

So, they know of the error and will not honor anything before or after the error, but during they will.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What does that mean exactly, though? How long did the "error" last? What is considered "before" and "after"?

It sounds to me like they won't be honoring ANY free shipping that wasn't deserved.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  11. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if an error causes free shipping than why would they not be able to honor it before said error occurred

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Rereading the OP, I'm going to assume they mean if it went through you got it, but they aren't going to give anyone free shipping after the fact (like if you call and ask).

I hope.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Yeah, I understand better now. Reading while at work when you are busy and all that.
    It's still somewhat vague. How are they going to define the time limit on the error.

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I think it is interesting how this has been happening more frequently. There was a bit on the news the other night about an online store that was selling ipads for 70 dollars instead of 700 dollars. A CRAPLOAD of people bought them. Then the company turned around and said they could not honor those committments.

Any company with an online store, is legally obligated to sell you the item you paid for in a completed transaction. It doesn't matter if you bought a car for two dollars, if it was completed through a transaction portal, they must sell it to you. Most companies know better than to argue this point with customers, but I'm assuming hasbro doesn't fear legal repurcussions considering it pertains to shipping costs.

15. BruticusMax

BruticusMax Banned

I got the free shipping on both of my matrix primes.

16. sh002

sh002 Banned

yep i'm reading it as all orders before the error will not get free shipping. all orders after the error will not get free shipping. all orders during the error will get free shipping.

i got free shipping on all 3 of my separate orders during the error.

17. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    At least you're lucky enough to have a chance to order... As usual, Nordic fans get shafted.

18. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ok....I'll help break it down to where everyone can understand what that email meant. For those who ordered before the glitch happened, you still get charged shipping. For those that ordered once it was fixed, also paying shipping. For anyone who ordered during the window that this glitch was happening, you already know you got free shipping when you checked out right? They're just saying they aren't going to retroactively give EVERYONE that ordered yesterday free shipping. They legally do kind of have to honor the orders that occurred during the glitch, otherwise, the Better Business Bureau could step in and possibly prosecute if enough consumers reported. That's not something Hasbro is gonna take lightly.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Because shipping wasn't free before the error occurred?

20. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    People are making this way harder to understand than it is lmfao.... Some people's children.