Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonks00, May 1, 2009.
Transformers Live Action Movie Blog: Story Spoilers from ShoWest?
AH thats some great goddamn answers lol. satisfying seriously. thanks man
In the new theatrical trailer thread, an anonymous post reveals some potentially spoiler information about the Transformers 2 story based on information they got at ShoWest. Normally I don't post these but in this case the information is consistent and logical enough with the information we have that it makes me wonder if it is not legit. At the very least it will probably lead to a lively (and hopefully insult free) discussion in the comments. I have edited the post a bit (mostly using bullet points) to make it easier to read. My comments are in brackets .
I work in the effects industry but I am not affiliated with this film. We do have an online community (member only) where we discuss various projects around the various studios. I have some knowledge about some of the robots in the shots from the trailer.
- The robot with the "loose" treads is called Scrapper. Hence the reason he is "fist" fighting with Bumblebee.
- The yellow robot is Rampage.
- The helicopter is Blackout. You could see it at the ShoWest if you were there but more now with a HD feed of this trailer you can see that Blackout has rust on him just like Megatron does. Blackout is mostly intact.
- The robots crashing into the aircraft carrier are the Constructicons. Many people believed it was members of Starscream's air force but as you can see from the video there are no robots present. We saw an additional scene where Long Haul and Mixmaster are destroying the ship from within and end up ripping the hull of the carrier in half.
- What I was told is -Soundwave has been scanning vehicles and when the Decepticons come to earth they fly by him in space and receive their alt mode on the way down. [Strategically and story wise, this is a genius idea]
- This is why Long Haul, Scrapper, and Mixmaster are as their alt modes over Megatron. Brawl and Bonecrusher do not return. They use Brawls parts to reform Megatron underwater (tank tracks and fitted with a particle cannon that Soundwave provides.
- Soundwave is only seen in the trailer as one of the 4 robots down in the ocean. By the way if you think Long Haul is huge Soundwave is about 6 feet taller. The other plot point is the cold and pressure does not affect their bodies like the humans thought they would. Two Decepticons give up their sparks to revive Megatron and Blackout who we find out is 3rd in command behind Starscream.
- Michael Bay made Soundwave's role as Megatron's most trusted friend (aka bodyguard and secretly unknown to Starscream as the real number 2) hence the recovery effect by the Decepticons.
Megatron rises- Mixmaster and Megatron can semi-fly in the film but not much. Megatron has back rockets and Mixmaster has the spinning gears turbines under his arm shields (cement mixer barrel) that he uses a few times. Mixmaster has a lot of screen time. [This would explain how Megs "swimming" up so fast and how Mixxy gets on the bridge]Mixmaster
- We saw a short 5 second shot where Long Haul stomps on Jazz's corpse underwater. [Sorry but I have not and still don't think Jazz returns and I could see this being Bay's definitive statement on the matter]
- There are 5 other jets that fly with Starscream but have not been named at the time of the show. I do not know the type of aircraft.
- Barricade is the one crashing into the library but isn't seen.
We saw more of that shot at the ShoWest show in private. Finally the major spoilers is as follows so look away if you don't want to know.
Remember when Michael Bay said Ravage does something no other transformer does? Well Alice is Ravage. Well they kinda gave it away when they said she had a tail and a tongue. Ravage is really small like a real jungle cat. He is sent to kill Sam but realizes Sam has information about The Fallen so he tries to get it from him. Once she turns on Sam and comes after him then she shows who she really is and Barricade shows up to help. Enough said. Now I said enough but hey there was 300 plus people at the ShoWest after party. I am out. Enjoy Revenge of the Fallen because a lot of great lads at ILM and DD did the work. [This is an elaboration on a plot point that video and story leaks indicated and Orci indirectly verified]
so one of these guys is Soundwave huh?
thats how i understood it ya.
i really dig the idea of Soundwave "uploading" their alt forms as they fly by.
Dang... that's harsh.
There's nothing here that is out of line. I have no reason to doubt this as the truth.
So...Alice and Ravage are the same, then? Ravage is a Pretender?
My expectations for this movie have lowered even further.
I'll remain skeptical untill i see the film, but I have to say it does seem all entirely plausible and given what details we know, makes an awful lot of sense.
The two on the right are def Mixmaster and "tread-arms", so it's gotta be one of the ones on the left.
My favorite part is that Mixmaster has much screen time AND he can do rocket jumps. He is now my favorite bayverse character . Until we see Hightower, of course...
I wonder if Starscream's 5 buddies are Skywarp,Thundercracker,Ramjet,Thrust & Dirge?
Assuming they are all F-22's I wonder how they'll make them look different from each other? Different versions of Starscream's tattoos perhaps?
so Alice is Ravage, this could make for some interesting reactions from Sam when he sees Alice change into Ravage m
Sam looks at Alice :
Sam sees Alice change in to Ravage :
this is of course based on this info being true , the info is indeed plausibe
More than likely they won't be named onscreen but given that Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Ramjet got toys (albeit as repaints), three of them will probably correspond to those at least.
As for color, they may only have slight variations in jet mode and "cheat" to make more colorful robots. Someone mentioned that in the latest preview the "Starscream" that was shooting at Sam and What's-her-name had a vaguely blueish/purple tint to it.
EDIT: Sorry, read a name wrong...
Okay this makes soooooo much more sense now.
Which means, I'm going to stop reading everything about TF2 till the end of June, because I don't want to hear any more spoilers.
nah its from soundwave bud
Some cheating with the colors in robot mode would definitely be needed because if they're all the exact same color in both modes it would get very confusing very quickly.
I hope this turns out to be legit though and even if some of them end up as cheap cannon fodder it'd still be a nice moment seeing them all in formation.
To quote bumblebee "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!"
Separate names with a comma.