Some critics seem to still moan about ROTF, when reviewing DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Jul 6, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I was watching spill.com's review of DOTM, and it was BS. Nearly 2 mins of their review, they were still moaning about ROTF, and getting so up their ass on the story. Can these critics just stop beating the dead horse

Here is their review awful
    YouTube - ‪Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon | Spill.com Movie Reviews‬‏

Obvious some fans will still have major problems with DOTM, but for others who moan about the plot etc etc. I say enjoy the film on what it was offering, a great action film that kept me entertained for hours. I would watch DOTM 10 more times than say LOTR's and the godfather. And do not get me started on blackswan, that film just angers me on how that is such a critical acclaimed film that is.

2. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing I like about Spill reviews is that they are regular joes like you and me. Not uptight critics. And I happen to agree with their review. Movies can be entertaining without having to leave your brain by the theater door and watch this drooling like a Zombie.

3. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

ROFL great review - very accurate

4. megatron6661

I did love DOTM, for an action film its one of the best films

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    The problem is DOTM falls into many of the pits ROTF did, It's like trying to review the SW Prequels without mentioning how good the original trilogy was.

6. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I usually agree with them, but sometimes they really just piss me off if I'm to be honest. They start off the video referencing the "racist bots" from the last movie. Yet they then follow up with making other races Transformers. Like, really? Making the Chinese robot grab a cat to cook? So it's ok for them to criticize Bay for something they did themselves? That makes sense. And really, they're going to give the movie "some ol bullshit" and a "fuck you". Grow up please. At least one of them praised the realism of the CGI.

7. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. megatron6661

The problem with ROTF, was not the racist robots, and at best they were not, they were just annoying but I can live with the twins. It was the fights the decepticons themselves and not enough optimus prime, the middle part of the film slowed the film down to much. You watch the first half of ROTF, and it is brilliant, it is the second part of the film I hated.

Bay cannot win, yes some of the transformers were a little annoying, but it did not change the fact this was a fantastic action film. DOTM was not aiming for the Oscars, it was aimed at giving the fans a transformers film. My sister who is a typical girl, never seen or watched the previous 2 films before DOTM, loved the third film what does that say. It seems to me, unless you know about the autobots and the decepticons inside and out, we will get these reviews time and time again.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Oh I get it. The films that you like are awesome, and you hate to hear "moaning" from people that don't like them. Yet, you're more than willing to moan to everyone about films that don't please you or live up to your expectations. Kudos for your hypocrisy.

10. megatron6661

It is not hypocrisy, I have massive issues with blockbuster films and still do, but if critics call blackswan a great film yet moan about DOTM that is hypocrisy. And if I know a film I hate I do not watch it simple has that. You know we had the south park debate, and you know we have huge different opinions on the decline of south park.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

...Wait, what?

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'd call MovieBob many things, but regular joe isn't one of them. This guy is a huge pop culture geek; comics mainly (see his other video column 'The Big Picture), but things like GI Joe and Transformers are well on his radar.

Also we had a thread for him, but I can't find it at the moment cos searching is disabled.

13. smkspy

Sure it is, you hate what so-called "critics" have to say about movie that you love, yet you have zero problems voicing similar critical opinions about films that you dislike. You've become the very thing that you claim to hate. I feel sorry that you can't see that.

You obviously don't understand what hypocrisy means. People judge films based upon their individual strengths and weaknesses. Black Swan was not a summer blockbuster action movie. Nor was it the third installment of a franchise. In fact, the two films are so entirely different that they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence together ever, and to even compare the two movies is ridiculous.

You must miss out on a lot of great movies then.

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you expect? It's like getting food poisoning, and the people around you are telling you to give the food a second chance, even though the pain and horrible feelings still linger in the back of your mind.

15. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

definitely, but that doesnt mean a movie that does allow you to leave your brain at the door is somehow less entertaining because of it.

16. megatron6661

Like I said any director cannot win, you take inception and dark knight has 2 perfect examples of summer blockbusters, brilliantly crafted films, yet many are so sick of the acclaim they are called overrated. Bob also said he is sick of these films, well we have had the balance, dark knight 2008, ROTF 2009, inception 2010, DOTM 2011, and summer 2012 we get the third instalment of batman, so a masterpiece is on its way. So we have always had a variety of different type of films bad or good in the summer.

I compare the 2 films from different genre's not the summer, and blackswan had its flaws. but they were never picking holes in the film like transformers. I am just saying the critics are expecting great story telling from a micheal bay. The transformers films, does a great job on the transformers franchise. We all would have liked things done different, but bay was the perfect director to do transformers, and he done it just about right.

You maybe right there, that I maybe a little bit of a hypocrite, but everyone can be at times it is Naturel. It is how many expect from a film, or an opinion that will always change

17. smkspy

Ha, I like that. Reminds of me this restaurant, Pancho's Mexican Buffet, that I grew up loving as a child. As my taste buds evolved, I learned that the food was pretty much shit. Yet, I'd get a strong craving for the place every now and then. I'd eat it and instantly regret it. Six months would past, and I'd get the craving again, but I was well aware of just how horrible the food was. Nevertheless, I'd just have to go back despite my better judgment. The movie franchise is a lot like that. Hell, I had to watch ROTF last night.

18. megatron6661

You maybe right, but I want more food poison in a few years time, it is great stuff

19. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Shucks, I was going to invite you to dinner at pancho's tomorrow night.

=]

20. megatron6661

I wonder if micheal bay eats there, maybe inspiration for his films lols. But hey they are still fun flicks