Non-TF: Some Brave heads from various characters of the game

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by dragon_lord, Apr 13, 2011.

1. dragon_lord

dragon_lord great dragon god

after making a big mistake in the other thread, I decided to made my own thread to post the following works I've done...which is not really a big deal, they're just pictures I've colored from scans I have of obscured characters from the Brave games.

Zetta99 and Gunber01
    [​IMG]
    Zetta Gunber
    [​IMG]
    Flash and Magna
    [​IMG]

any questions about these characters feel free to ask and I'll try to answer ^^Uu

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You've got some nice work going on here. Keep it up! :thumb 

3. protoform

protoform Member

Ahh Brave Robots.... 90's mecha at its finest :) 
    I felt I could watch the same combining scenes and finisher scenes over and over again and still not complain :p 
    Really like what you did with these by the way.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work Dragon lord bro.

5. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Liking this, althogh I have no idea what brave is. I just know a few names
    Build tiger
    Enryu
    Victorian
    Shadow dagwon
    J decker
    and Exkaiser

But I only know know those name and nothing else.

6. protoform

protoform Member

It was a franchise that pretty much replaced G1 during the 90's in Japan. Takara collaborated with Sunrise of Gundam fame and tried something new with it, thus, resulting in the Brave Robots(or Yuusha Robo series). There are a total of 8 TV shows and three from the Brave Saga games(BaanGaan, Varion, and Gunber).
    Here is a rough layout of the 8 TV shows:

- Brave Exkaiser: First on the list. Protagonists are a policing unit called Kaisers who came to Earth to track down space pirates known as Geisters. The human protagonist is a boy named Hoshikawa Kouta, who befriends Exkaiser acting as their liaison to Earth. The overall theme is 'treasure' and every episode deals with Geisters trying to steal something from Earth that is considered important and the Kaisers stopping them from doing so.

- Brave of the Sun Fighbird: Protagonists are agents of the Space Guard who came to Earth to stop Draias. Although it has no direct connections, the show shares the same world as Exkaiser. When not fighting, Fighbird acts as a human-sized android named Katori Yutaro supported by human protagonists of the show Dr.Amano Hiroshi and his grandchildren Haruka and Kenta.

- Brave of the Legend Da Garn: Protagonists are Brave Robots who are not aliens, but entities created by Earth that have been dormant in the form of 'Brave Stones' until awakened by human protagonist Takasugi Seiji. They fight against Orbos and his army. The overall theme of the show is Earth and the environment.

- Brave Express Mightgaine: The show takes a different approach at the franchise from here. The Brave Robots are no longer entities that posess vehicles, but AI-programmed Robots. Protagonist Senpuuji Maito leads the Brave Express team fighting against criminal organizations of New Tokio City. The show feels much like an homage to Daitarn 3 and Trider G7 in a sense that Maito is a teen CEO who fights crime with robots inherited by his father. First to be directed by Takamatsu Shinji(director of Gintama anime). Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber are used as anti-hero Raibaru Joe's battle robot.

- Brave Police J-Decker: Second to have Brave Robots as AI-based. Unlike Mightgaine, the Brave Robots are actual police officers who tackle various crimes and accidents. the friendship between protagonist Tomonaga Yuuta and the main Brave Robot Deckerd also is the main focus of the show(Deckerd can combine with his support trailer to be J-Decker). A repaint/re-sculpted head version of Sixshot appears as one of the protagonist Braves known as Shadowmaru(voiced by Tachiki Fumihiko a.k.a. Ikari Gendo of Evangelion).

- Golden Brave Goldran: This one goes away from the AI-based root and have them as alien entities dormant in gems called Power Stones. The Protagonists are three Kids Harashima Takuya, Tokimura Kazuki, Suganuma Dai who go on a treasure hunt for these stones to prevent them from being awakened by the show's comic relief and antagonist Walter, the prince of Walzac Republic Empire. Overall, the show is heavily comedy-oriented and is the last of Takamatsu Shinji's works. Sky Garry is seen as a remold/repaint.

- Brave Command Dagwon: It's tokusatsu meets Brave Robots. The Brave Robots are high school students Daidouji En, Hirose Kai, Sawamura Shin, Kazamatsuri Yoku, and Hashiba Ryu who have been appointed by a Brave seijin as Dagwons to stop the escaped convicts of the space prison Sargasso.The Dagwons transform tokusatsu style and later 'fusion combine' with their respective vehicles to be Brave Robots. The show was more popular amongst older female fans and the 2-part OVA seemed to have this audience in mind as it was even more about the protagonists than their Brave forms. Grandus was repainted as their HQ the Dagbase.

- King of Braves Gaogaigar: The last show that marks the end of the franchise. The show follows GGG(read as Three-G. GGG stands for Gutsy Geode Guard, later changed to Gutsy Galaxy Guard) and Amami Mamoru, a boy from an alien origin in their fight against the Zondar. Cyborg Shishioh Gai becomes the titular Brave Robot, and Amami Mamoru plays a big role in that only he can purify the humans that have been mutated into the Zondar robot-of-the-week. The show combines elements of not just its own franchise, but also other robot genres here and there. The show later gets a 8-part sequel OVA series Gaogaigar Final, which is also a must see(The show was later re-edited as a 12 episode TV series). The character designer was Kimura Takahiro, who also worked on Code Geass.