Some Beast Machines questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Glhboy, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font> Moderator

News Credits:
    So, I've been on this Beast Machines kick lately. Almost done watching the whole series again. It's weird how this was back in 1999!!! Doesn't seem like it. I forgot how very well written the show was and how good it really is! Anyways, I don't remember, was there ever a prototype of a Botanica figure? I don't remember seeing one way back when. Was Noble/Savage already on Cybertron and Megatron just was in his body? It's amazing how few toys were in the whole series, I mean it's like 2 waves from Cybertron really when you add them all up.

2. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I dont remember seeing any toy prototypes for Botanica, if there are I would love to see them myself. There are a few costums out there of the fig that are pretty well done. As for noble I believe he was already on Cybertron, there was really much of a back ground on the character in the show really which is too bad.

I just finish re-watching the series myself about 2 weeks ago and it does really make you miss a well written show. As for the toy line it is farely small and I'm happy to say I have the complete set, two of my favorite molds come from that line and coming in around at 50 figures fo the line it was fun to collect.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    There were rumours of a Botanica prototype, but to my knowledge no images ever showed up. Same goes for larger sized Silverbolt and Obsidian figures. Not sure if there was any truth to these rumours, though.

As for Savage/Noble... not sure. Some have theorized that the body was somehow a result of all of Megatron's experiments. That somehow his Dragon mode was bonded to Silverbolt's missing Wolf component... but again, it was just a fan theory. Don't really know. Could have been on Cybertron all along.

4. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I think savage/noble was just the beast part of megatron seperated from his machine part (the floating head) after the split. I don't think there's any reasoning for him having a wolf mode other than that they wanted him to "transform/morph".

5. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I agree, it seems like Savage/Noble was nothing more than a by-product of Megatron's experiments to rid himself of his beast mode. As he said, "My spark remained with the wrong half; the organic half." So I doubt he was a Maximal that just so happened to be on Cybertron and wound up holding Megs' spark for a while.

I like that fan theory though, Boo. It would explain why Bolt doesn't have his wolf mode anymore.

As for Botanica, another rumor I heard was that the Night Viper toy was originally going to be Botanica, but at the last minute they scrapped the plant mode and turned him/her into a snake instead. I have the figure and can definately see how they could have made it Botanica.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Check here....

itll answer alot....

i also prefer the fan theory...it make sense that as megatron was attemping to remove his own organic mode that he wouldnt test it on himself first....so, he tested on silverbolt....then once it worked, he had it done to himself, and he just had the 2 beast modes needing something, so, like the mutants of BW (though they didnt come out til BM), he experimented, and his result was Savage/Noble. now, whether he tested on the mutants afterwards is debatable, but id like to think he did them after creating SN....so, he truly was the 1st mutant TF....IMHO

and, since silverbolt was the original traitor they had in mind, it makes sense that megatrons 'repayment' would be to trick him into being a test subject....

and if there is a botanica mold lying around, they should totally release it...make it a target exclusive or something...id love to own her....

7. Glhboy

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info, I have all the toys as well and just wanted to get some feedback on the series too.

It is amazing how the writing was back then vs. now.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No prototype for Botanica exists. Aaron Archer once said that all the unreleased toys that had made it far enough to be put into production had been during the run of RiD that gave us Megabolt Megatron and Air Attack Primal. I'm guessing Botanica would have maybe been at a resin prototype stage or thereabouts - probably only a handful in existance, no molds made. The fact its never been seen indicates it never got very far if it even existed. The only way it would ever be settled would be if one turned up in the collection of one of these collectors who own the likes of Toxitron and the unmade Ape Pretender.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    the whowhatnow?

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Ape Pretender was only ever made as a shell, no inner robot. I think it was a resin sculpt (far more detailed) of what the final shell would have been.
    Toxitron on the other hand was a Scourge / Laser Prime repaint. Was shown at Botcon '05 as part of the unreleased toys panel. He would have been a store exclusive, but he never took and we knew nothing of him before that. Not sure how far that one went, not very by all accounts.
    It's guys like those that I think a Botanica prototype would fall in with. Things the general fandom know next to nothing about because so few exist and many were destroyed, with the odd few in the hands of collectors who keep them to themselves (one of whom had his collection posted in the Toyark two or three years back, with sections blacked out for the things in that league that simply weren't to be shown off).
    If one exists and a collector owns it, odds are they went to great lengths to get it more than likely promising not to show it off because whoever gave it to them could get into serious trouble for selling it in the first place.

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    sweet...i wonder if scourge was the later attempt after toxitrons failing...i love learning new stuff like this, thanks sol fury...

12. Glhboy

News Credits:
    I was the one who posted those collection pictures, the owner of those was Pete@Botcon. What a great collection.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Who can say if Botanica even made it past the conceptual stage, which leads me to wonder if there are any toy concept drawings for her. Just bring this up as your talking about maybe they did some proto's or resin sculpts but I never recall seeing any concept art for her to begin with. Could be they did and I'm just forgetting but I dont recall.

Anyway just some food for thought.

14. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

since we're talking BM prototypes: what about the rumored deluxe Obsidian?

15. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

It still does drive me nuts to not have a Botanica figure to fill out the Beast Machines line. I think it'd be great if there was a Botcon exclusive with a remolded head to be a pre-Beast Machines vehicle Botanica kind of in the vein of the exclusive set from this year. I'm not sure what mold would really evoke the character, but I'm sure they could come up with something. Then again, how many distinctly female Transformer molds are there?

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that'd be a cool idea...i have no idea what figure to use though....

17. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Maybe Nightracer? hmmm.....lol

I only say that since Nightracer was the first official female released in the states back at BotCon 95. The mold is just a Spychanger though.

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still want a picture of Toxitron to hit the web for posterity, he was pretty. :cry 

And yeah, no known protos of Botanica (or a larger Obsidian) exist as far as I know.

As for Noble I vaguely recall a theory that he was a tangent component of Megatron's body and psyche, created when Megs spliced off his beast mode. The Silverbolt connection theory's also interesting.

19. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

Silverbolt has always been my favorite character in all of Transformers, so I'd thought about doing a fanfiction where Megatron addresses Rhinox and Silverbolt after capturing them on Cybertron, but before ripping out their sparks. I'd envisioned a scene where Silverbolt, locked in beast mode, attacks Megatron, giving him that nasty scar he has through season 1 and breaks of part of his nail in the "wound" thereby leaving some of his beast mode's DNA along with the dragon DNA (that's funny) and producing the mixed beast modes of Savage Noble.

But that was just an idea I had and obviously isn't based on anything.

20. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I also heard once about a prototype for a Deluxe Obsidian, but I am more than happy with the cool repaint of him in Japanese Beast Wars Returns.