2D Artwork: Some Artistic Impression

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Kit, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Kit

Kit My awesomeness is logical

Over the course of a few months I've tried to draw a few Animated characters, but the designs often wound up looking slightly askew as my drawing ability doesn't exactly stretch to copying the design work of other people. So I hit upon the idea to draw a few Transformers in my own artistic style, and here is the result!

Autobots (left to right): Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet.
    Decepticons (left to right): Soundwave, Starscream, Megatron.

[​IMG]

What do we think? :) 

Attached Files:

• TFMI.jpg
      TFMI.jpg
      File size:
      951.4 KB
      Views:
  2. dedlock

dedlock prowlnotdead

lulz i love starscream's face, the expression is pretty funny :D 

3. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

... Why is 'Screamer bigger than Megs?

4. Kit

Kit My awesomeness is logical

In most or all TF continuities Megatron is bigger than Starscream to show he is more powerful - but in this case I chose to make Starscream bigger than Megs to show that even though he is much larger, Megatron is all-powerful. (It also absolutely was not because it was the first time I'd drawn screamer's design and he wound up being twice as tall as Megs as a result.)

Various design element have also been incorporated, obviously, while I'm trying also to include some original design ideas of my own. For example, Starscream has the long chin of his Animated incarnation and the large wings on his back like...well, like he's always had; but I've also included two additional wings beneath them to give him more breadth. Optimus Prime has the four wheels on his legs like always, but I've included some on his shoulders pointing upwards to convey a sense of heftiness.