Some adviced needed (no not romantic advice)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 20, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ok, I´ve put some thought into this and I still don´t know what to do. I´m gonna try to explain my dilema.

I was adopted at an early age (two weeks giver or take, according to my mom), when I found out, I was ok, I figured my biological mom had no means to support a child, and so she did the right thing wich was give me a chance with a family that loves me. I was ok with the situation for years

Recently, a friend of mine, whose dad is a very good friend of my dad, told me I have a bilogical younger sister who was born a couple of years after I was. My uncle (who was responsible for my parents getting me) aaprently contacted again to see if they wanted to raise my suposed sister. According to my friend, my parents refused to do it, because they were afraid that having a second child appear all of a sudden on our home would confuse me. So, long story short, I have a younger sister somewere, but my parents don´t know I know this, I assume they haven´t told me because they feel I would be angry at them for no adoting her too.

So, should I ask them about my sister or let this slide?

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Hmm, that's a tough one. Interesting dilemma. Maybe they will tell you when the time is right for them, whenever that is.

My only advice: avoid getting romantically involved with any girl that looks remotely like you.

3. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear. TFW2005 Supporter

It's all up to how you look at the situation yourself. If you take the news as being really great news and want to find out more about her/find her; I'd say bring it up and get their side of it. - If not, and you're simply content in the knowledge that you have a sister, go with your gut. If you're mad about it, let your parent's know but, don't jump down their throats about it. I'm sure they had a perfectly good reason for doing what they did.

Ultimately, I'd say just go into this with an open mind.

4. General Magnus

No, I´m not at mad them, I understand their motives. Dunno how to aproach the situation with them. Funny thing tho, at first I thought my birth mom did the right thing and now, I think she´s a fucking whore. One time it´s a mistake..but two times? Fuck me.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say bring it up. If anything, you might need as much information as possible someday for reasons of family medical history.

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...Depends..... on a personal note at times I wish I didn't know my sisters

but in your case I'd go ahead and try to track her down. if anything see what she's like.

7. unchained5150

Very sound advice lol.

8. unchained5150

Ya, that's understandable. I've been trying for the last ten minutes to come up with a positive, 'what if' for that but, it's not coming to me. =[ - Either way, you and your sister are more than likely better off where you are, with the lives you've had. From the little you've said about your parents, I'd say you were truely blessed.

9. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:

First thing I thought of too... the rest is a personal preference on what helps you sleep at night.

10. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    You haven't met her right? Chances are she's a flawed human being, like most of us. Best not to jump to conclusions too soon.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

12. General Magnus

I know, butI think that when you bring a child to this world and cannot raise it..

One time it´s ok like I said, but a second time?

13. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I know a girl who's had 5 kids taken off her and put into care(!). She's very upbeat and friendly, and not exactly a bad person. But there's clearly something wrong there.

She may be someone who's nice enough as a person, but someone you wouldn't want as a mother. Dysfunctional people often have redeeming characteristics.

14. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that really is quite a dilemma you've got there, friend. Well, if you want my opinion, I say go for it. I think you deserve to know about this person, whether she's your biological sister or not. But you should hear your parents' side of the story before you do anything else. If you just let it go and move on, you may be throwing away a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

...Or instead of taking the advice of some stranger on the internet, do what you think is right.

15. General Magnus

Dunno why, but it´s easier for me to speak with strangers about this.

Well, at least some of you guys are decent persons. :p 

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't pursue it. If you do have a sister, she's just as settled as you are. No sense in shaking up her and her family as well as your own. Just accept that you have a family who loves you and hope she has the same.

17. General Magnus

Yeah, that´s one of the things that´s making me hesitate. I mean I would love to meet my younger sister, just because (I have no desire whatsoever of meeting my biological parents tho).

But you have a point. I´m not sure how much it´s still hidden from me. To give you an idea, my cousins, the sons of my dad´s brother had no clue I was adopted, so I assume there´s some secrets I don´t know and that have been kept hidden from our family.

18. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Maybe there's a subtle, or not so subtle way you could give them the opportunity to bring it up before flat out confronting them about it.

There's a lot of stuff in my family I had no idea about for years. Not because it was kept from me, more because there was never any reason to mention it.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    If I were you, I think it would be better for everyone that you brought it up.

20. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I would bring it up with your parents. Let them know that you know and that you're not angry with them, and understand their reasons. If anything else comes of that, it will, but they may feel guilty that they didn't take her, too.

--Moony