Some advice: Classics vs Henkei

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matty, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've become extremely interested in the City Commander sets and I want to pick them up for myself. My question: is there a big difference between the Classics Ultra Magnus/Optimus Prime and the Henkei versions? One better than the other? Any input would be nice because the prices for these guys aren't exactly retail anymore :thumbdown 

Thanks guys.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

There isn't a Henkei Ultra Magnus. The difference between the Classics and Henkei Prime are, as ever, some different paint apps and some chrome on the Henkei. Buy whichever you can get cheapest unless one of them really strikes you as better.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^especially if you're going to be putting them in the commander sets. Classics Prime matches TFCon Commander and Henkei Convoy's chrome matches DIA Commander's chrome but the chrome matching only becomes an issues in alt mode. If you plan on just displaying it in robot mode then yes just go with whatever's cheapest.

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yes, there's no henkei ultra magnus.. and if ur gonna buy the armor for classics prime, then it doesnt really matter.. if ur not, then i prefer the henkei version.. also, like mentioned above, if ur buying the armor, and ur particular about the alt mode chrome matching, then go as said about ^^

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And if there was a Henkei Magnus it would be the two-pack prime. Which would be useless with the 'commmander armour series.