Solution found!!! No Fear for Broken Clips on Waist Tower of Grand Max

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dogbomber, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am having some issues and concerns with the future possible breakage on the clips of waist towers of Grand Max/Brave Max/Fortmax and after giving some thoughts over it, I told myself, what the hell I go so anal with that clips? It is just used to hold both waist towers in place in robot mode so that when you hold robot in hand, the waist towers will not swing out!

On top of that, these clips serve no purpose! I am hoping to see a better design such as metal or something creative from Hasbro/Takara/3rd party to address this issue.

[​IMG]

Even so I have the unit without broken clips, it is kind of lame that I dare not clip the waist tower onto the body, for the fear to break the clips on the waist tower..

And since then, so many ideas have sprung to my mind!

Will a 3rd party create parts/accessories for GM/BM/FM such as the:
    1. Transformable bar that can change into weapon?
    2. The 2 barrels guns that can insert into the hole of GM feet?
    3. Some connectors like Crazy devy part to replace GM knee, limbs joints to make it more poseable?

Anyhow, below is the transparent dark blue bar I created using
    1. 2 x Lego Yellow Transparent buttons
    2. 2 x 3.5 cm Blue Transparent pen tube
    3. 1 connector to combine both 3.5 Cm Blue Transparent pen tube.

I am not able to find a long plastic tube that is 7cm long, and have both ends able to fit into the GUN HOLES of Waist Tower squarely.

I need a 7cm long as it will leave some space for the clips away from the main body. This 7cm bar can be stored in the chestbox of GM or in the hand hole of GM.

Now, I can hold my GM freely in air without worrying the waist tower will swing out! And most importantly, I have NO FEAR of the broken clips in future!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please let me know if you have other workable solutions that I can customise to do it myself!

Thanks for viewing!

2. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a simple, smart idea. I'm going to keep this in mind for my Brave and Fortress, just to keep them in good shape I hope anyone who's got broken clips sees this.

3. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Hi, it is not easy to find the pen that can fit in the gun holes of waist towers perfectly.

I have resorted to color pen, 2B pen, rod and even eye shadow liner but none of them can fit in the gun holes at both ends, either too short or having one end smaller.

This transparent one I created can match the transparent cockpit cover of GM.

I will be creating the Red one for Brave Max using the same materials and then Black one for FM.

4. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Notice the gun in his feet section!

5. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    I will be posting more pictures of how this customised connector bar looks when it is hooked at the back of Grand Maximus this coming Saturday.

Will be putting it for sales if anyone is interested :) 

Thanks.