Solicitation Sheets for Upcoming TFs: MP-12 Lambor, United EX Series (Powercore)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jun 5, 2012.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...the five Packs were barely worth $10 really. In fact, that's why Walmart's Black Friday sale had a 5-Pack and 2-Pack bundled for that price. These shelf-warmed badly to the point stores *gave* them away. Most figures are nice Scout-class bots... but the combiner gimmick is soooooo bad it's sad. QC issues galore and awkward looking gestalts are a bad combo.

TBH... the original Grimstone set looks fantastic. It's the only PCC I have in combiner mode.

PCC Hot Rod... LOL... and the figure has horrible arms just like the CHUG Hot Rod. >_<

Really, Double Clutch and the Rally Bots looks great in the concept/box art... but it's such a poor figure. Shame too...

Not sure what they could do without heavily retooling him... which I doubt they'd do. Heck, folks had the feign hopes that they'd make real combiner limbs for the Takara versions... but nope, they went and gave them shiny repaints... But yea... repainting crap just means it's crap with paint on it... *smh*

With the color scheme... possibly.

TBH... I'd only see folks going for the Heavy Tread and Undertow pair... but really, I'm sure you don't have to pay almost 80$ to get both of them now even despite the fact that they were hard to find...

2. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY must that Double-Clutch repaint look so awesome? I HATED that mold. :banghead: 

That Skyhammer repaint looks awesome too, here's hoping Heavytread gets a nice redeco. That'll be great for anyone looking to get one for the TFC Iron Army.

3. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the translation.
    I was looking forward to the jet booster back pack for both MP12 and MP10, oh well. Vehicle mode will be painted, not sure what's the significant of that statement mean...after all the previous MPs are all painted.

4. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not so actually. Only MP-5 Megatron (silver parts), MP-10 Convoy (red portion of cab) and MP-8X King Grimlock had fully (or almost fully) painted alt modes.

MP-6 Skywarp and MP-7 Thundercracker had gloss coating instead of paint I believe.

MP-3 and MP-11 Starscream(s), MP-8 Grimlock and MP-9 Rodimus Convoy did not have fully painted alt modes.

As for the MP-1 Convoy molds, only the die-cast parts of the alt mode were painted.

TakaraTomy are probably telling us to expect Binaltech/Alternity level paint finishing for MP-12.

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Nice, officially licensed MP-12. The Takara PCC deco's are neat but definitely not worth the price of admission.

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    That's interesting, since Sideswipe (both G1 and MP physically, and G1 also decal/paint-wise) is based on one particular customized Countach---will they go for that paintscheme (red with black), go off of the simplified version that's on the toy (red with black front bumper), or go for a "traditional scheme as seen on production-standard Countaches" (all-red)?

PS---if anyone's wondering, the dead giveaway is the front fender flares--only one Countach in the world has half-circle-shaped ones IIRC. (interestingly, Sideswipe/RedAlert, Sunstreaker, and Breakdown all do---so Takara obviously loved using that exact car as their one and only reference for a Countach, despite it not being shaped quite like a normal one)

7. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really a waste of my money to buy every mold again but indeed they are tempting.

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Erm...The Rallybots are SOooo...

RED! :lol 

9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I see the potential for Alternators 2.0 Frenzy and Rumble.

10. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want to enjoy these PCC repaints. But i feel it's actually kind of a missed opportunity to not utilize any type of homage in them. Not that every figure needs to have a G1 homage in it, but some of these guys were screaming for it.

Also, that price. damn. Last night, I took out my PCC Skyburst and his shoulder joint broke. I figured, "that sucks, but now I have an excuse to get the Takara version". then I saw it was $80. blech. Maybe I'll wait for a BBTS clearance sale.

Still haven't seen Leadfoot, Smolder, Huffer, or the Protectobots. Looking forward to seeing what they may possibly do.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    they may look alright but the p$$ are not worth that much lol

Mp info is good though

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Is Skyburst the Aerial bot one? I hate that guy!

I think the play style for PCC was cool but not fully realized. I loved having a small gestalt but hated how some of the limbs liked to fly off on their own and of course, the lack of elbows. The Iron Army limbs look good but there are only 4 coming in the near future.

Loving what I am hearing about MP Sideswipe. Might opt for the TakaraTomy versions of him and Soundwave instead of waiting for Hasbro. Surprised no jetpack for Sideswipe.

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Yes, that's him. I'm in no hurry to replace him!

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't know what they are thinking giving the United PCCs that price tag. Did Takara miss the fact that enthusiasm for them in the US at a quarter of the price was pretty lukewarm? Different markets sure but they just aren't premium collector products in any way.

15. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

So, if Lamborghini, Volkswagen, and Porsche are all basically owned by the same company does this increase the chances of a VW bug MP BB? How about Jazz?

16. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware that Volkswagen owned Lamborghini and Porsche.

17. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Is that price specific to one dealer or across the board? I got my MP-10 shipped to Australia from RK for a total of about $260 a couple of weeks ago when we were practically on par with the US dollar.

I wonder if this reissue and price hike is simply a supply and demand thing. It would be interesting/amusing if the term 'reissue' stretched to Takara including Huffer/Drag with MP-10 this time around, or any other opportunity for that matter. After all, HasTak proverbially threw everything but the kitchen sink at generating variants of MP-01. :D  Then again I'm sure someone out there's hoping it refers to MP Ultra MAgnus.

18. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I just brought up the point of Red Alert's character model being a head shorter than Sideswipe's on the MP-12 & 13 thread.

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/9/97/Character_models.png

Perhaps it's worth mentioning here on the off chance that any more edits about MP-12 are made to the original post - like the piledrivers - or anyone else sheds some light on it here. That is, I'm wondering if there might be a tall/short mechanism like MP-09.

19. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. Each sub company apparently has some autonomy.

20. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Volkswagen owns Lamborghini. Volkswagen and Porsche each own just over 50% of the other and were scheduled to merge in 2011 (I don't know what happened with that one).

Now that Takara is actually paying to use foreign motor company designs, it is possible we could see real car designs for all of the MPs (Takara didn't pay when using such designs for Car Robots, hence why Lamborghini and Volkswagen wouldn't "allow their car designs to be depicted in wars" thereafter, in case you didn't know).