Soldier Customization Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jul 17, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Can experts with this class help me out with the customization? I can't think of anything beyond a Fighter.

I mean, you can really customize the other classes. With Scouts, you can be a sniper, a spy, or even a warrior that can go toe to toe with the bigger classes if you customize them right. Scientists can be healers, or snipers, or masters of the hit and run tactic. Leaders can fight enemies close and far, aswell as upgrade and protect teammates.

It seems like Soldiers just kind of serve as big, clunky, ground-based fighters, no matter how you customize them. I like the class, I just really don't think you can do much with it.

Can anyone help me out here?

2. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

You hit it right on the nose.

But one thing to put into mind is their abilities as well
    not only are they big clunky bruisers they are also
    Saboteurs(energon sling)
    Wrecking machines(Whirlwind)
    Heavy hitters(hover)
    and they can
    Fortify positions (ammo beacon)

They don't have as much variety but their goal is plain and simple.
    SMASH.

you can do it tactically or you can go nuts with it but the soldier's job is to make sure they can put some serious lead into the enemy

(After I get the path blaster ability I'll tell you how well ammo becaon can potentially be at higher levels)

hope I helped

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Thanks for the advice

Thanks, I'll take what you said into account when I play. :) 

4. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

You're right, Soldiers are only good for one thing: Dealing massive damage.
    Though if you setup your build right there are different styles of doing that one thing.
    Generally the styles are melee, big weapons and well hover...
    I prefer my heavy weapons build, once you get up their in the levels you can
    spawn an ion turret with your ammo beacon, it's a life saver.

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    My soldier is a 19 so far and Heavy Weapons makes a noticeable difference. In close I tend to die alot with him - but if he's got some distance, he can mow down a few guys. I like the Scrapmaker for him as his main gun, but that EMP shotgun has more range than you'd think - don't be afraid to haul that out from time to time and use the fine aim for it - you'd be surprised how far it'll reach.

I haven't had alot of success with the Energon Sling, but I haven't practiced with it. I've been finding the "lots of bullets" approach to work pretty well for him. The whirlwind I like too, but I find it hard to keep track of where he's going sometimes.

6. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I always keep the Scrapmaker as my second, it's slow wind up speed makes it harder to get kills at close range when you are attacked without warning. EMP shotgun is good for that, if you see an enemy at a distance then you can whip out the Scrap and take them down.

7. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I've found the Sharp Shooter and/or Weapon Stabilizer upgrades can work well with the Scrapmaker. It really adds to its range which can help goad enemies into coming to you instead of your slow, chunky tank butt going to them. Combined with Ammo Beacon and/or Hover and you can fortify a position pretty well. I haven't earned the Heavy Weapons upgrade just yet :c

8. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    heavy weapons and emp shotgun was the strategy that worked best for me. guess i got used to that strategy after playing a scientist most of the time

9. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Got path blaster yesterday (Ion Turret) and i'm telling you guys it's amazing. (if you're team mates know you)

My party of 3 went online and played some TDM. with TWO people the Ion turret is there in under a minute. 3 people it's there within 30 seconds. and i'm telling you what if someone doesn't see it comin' they're SCREW'D.

On orbital some scout was trying to snipe me. got behind a wall, blasted him with the turret.
    Warcry/plasma spam leader? no prob! cut him to pieces.

I was near-crying telling my allies how a scout should carry it instead of me so we have a Dash/Ion/Cloak combo that would really murder people.

won some lost some. still and awesome strategy to choose.
    Definitely using that build in code of power.