Soldier and Scrapmaker overrated.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    These guys have no good special abilities and that darn scrapmaker takes too long to wind up. When it does, it's hard to aim because it shakes so much.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That one ability to straighten it up and lessen kickback. But I don't play anymore.

3. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

i would call whirlwind a good ability.

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I'd say you have bad aim. When I play as a solider, the least kills I get is 8.

5. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Notice how the only weapon that isn't included in the "heavy weapons" upgrade is the neutron assault rifle.

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Whirlwind is an over-powered ability that kills you even when your not being hit by the soldier spinning round. The scrapmaker is a very good weapon, And helps when you put on the less kickback for weapons and the ability that gives it more power. Also when you reach lv 23 soldier you can have the ammo despenser spawn a turret for you.

7. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

I guess you don't spend much time in Escalation? That is where I learned the beauty and power of the Scrapmaker. I usually try to kill a Soldier just to take his Scrapmaker.... ^_^

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in escalation, the scrapmaker is my main weapon, but in mp, i would rather use the photon burst rifle

9. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

I love that weapon too! If you're a Scout or Scientist. Otherwise, I'd rather punk a Scrapmaker or Frag Launcher from the big boys to pay them back with...

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It seems easy enough to avoid. I just jump and transform if I'm a Scientist, back up as a scout ( with leg servos so I can actually outrun it ), hover if a Soldier, or hit the Disruption if a Leader ( forcing them to transform so the whirlwind stops ). This is all theory and seems to be what other people do when I try to use whirlwind. Not to mention that I hit the button, but it takes forever for my guy to start twirling. Where as when I'm killed by a whirlwind, the guy comes in the room and pretty much starts spinning instantly. I don't use hover as a Soldier so I can't do that, instead I just try to out gun the guy. I never had any luck with the disruption. I can tell when it's been used on me, but when I try to use it, the other guy just stays in robot mode. Not sure why it doesn't work every time. Long story short ( too late ), Everyone seems able to avoid my whirlwind so I can kill no one, but when I try to avoid their whirlwind, the same techniques do not work.

Oh, so do I. I get a lot more kills with soldier than I do scientist, but most of it is with whirlwind ( when it actually works ), mellee, and shooting as a tank. I usually only get that many kills because it's harder for me to dye. I don't think I've shot anyone to death with the scrapmaker. I hit the button, it fires the first couple of shots and just as it's getting wound up, the guy I'm shooting at ( and doing my best to keep the crosshairs on him ) runs up and mellee's me in the head ( at speeds I can't run as the same class ). Granted this is my first shooter game so I'm not that great with the dual joystick control and I do find it hard to keep the crosshairs red. But that's more to do with the speed I can move the crosshairs around the screen in comparison to how fast the guys can move across the screen. It's as if they can outrun my bullets, but I can't seem to escape theirs. I've never played a game where it seems everyone else's characters seem to be able to move so much faster than mine.

See my response above. I can't seem to kill anyone with whirlwind hardly, yet I can't get away from it most of the time.

The soldier is just too lumbering and slow. It takes what seems like forever ( compared to other soldiers in the game ) to wind up the scrapmaker or start whirlwinding. Both are over rated as far as I'm concerned because I have comparable records with Scientist and Scout, and their a lot more fun to use. Especially scientist.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The Scrapmaker's reputation for awesomeness was built on how it was when the game was new. It was fairly overpowered in multiplayer at launch, they have toned the damage down in balance updates. Before the updates the slow buildup wasn't that big of a deal, you would learn to instinctively start it up just before you needed it, and once it got going the damage and rate of fire ensured you would be able to mow down anybody. It was especially useful if you came on a group of enemies in one area, you could start it up and just let it rip through all of them in succession.

After the updates, it's not nearly as useful. It still has the slow startup, but there's no tradeoff anymore that rewards putting up with that. You might as well use a different weapon.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Whirlwind is god tier. Fact.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Agree 100% I forgot about the burst rifle and used an emp shotgun as a scientist until I used it in escalation and I remembered how much I love it.