Sold out toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by zx10rhulk, Aug 13, 2007.

1. zx10rhulk

zx10rhulk New Member

Ok, there were a few of the Movie transformers that i didn't get before because I thought there would be a surplus of them. However, I now can't hardly find a transformer in a store. I live near Atlanta so that shouldn't be a problem... Anyway, I was wondering if they will keep releasing more of the first selection of toys for the movie, like the Starscream and the Optimus Prime and Megatron ($40 versions..). Or is this how the toy industry works and they just release a bunch then move on to the next wave of toys?? Thanks.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well the things that wont sell are Swindle,Scorponok,Wreckage,Bonecrsuher and Protoform Starscream.

Voyagers:Ratchet

Reals Gears:All.

Barrell Roll Blasters:Starscream.

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    First off welcome to the boards second off i am having the same issue none of the transformers i want are at the store all i we have here are the cyber stompers toys.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There basically is a shortage of TF's all over the place. People are getting really mad about it. Personally, I don't care. I only need to get 2 more movie TF's. LOC Blackout and RH Blackout (I'm giving the Prime RH to my cousin). I see it as a nice break from buying TF's Especially since I'll be making a lot of purchase's next year from the Animated and Universe (Classics 2.0) lines. Welcome to the boards, btw.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I am sure supply will catch up with demand. Or you can try to get repaints that are coming out for Prime and Starscream and most likely Megs.

I see plenty of Voyager Primes lately, it is a pretty good figure for $20.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And some stores have them, and some just don't.

I was at a Wal-mart about thirty minutes away from house over the weekend, and they had like 6 leader Primes and 6 Voyager Megs, but no leader Megs and no Voyager Primes.

7. Blackout314

Blackout314 Blackout Is Vicious

well there is a second wave of movie toys being released because i just got a good couple of ones i need includi8ng ulitmate bb,voayger meg and prime and transformer replicas.all i need now is barricade if any1 is selling him let me know thats all i need for my collection for the movies

8. zx10rhulk

zx10rhulk New Member

Thanks for the all the info. Yeah, I guess I just need to actually buy the ones that I see when I am out. I really didn't realize there would be this many toys released for the movie. I guess I should have seen it coming with such a huge movie.

9. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, in November and December, when the Christmas shopping season kicks in, Transformers are really going to fly off the shelves this year. Don't plan on buying any TFs in December.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

You guys that actually have mainline toys are lucky... everywhere I go here everything's sold out, except for Chalk helmets and some kiddy stuff

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything is gone in Ottawa Canada. Picked clean, well except for Wreckage and Arm Blasters.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm getting some signs of recovery here. One of the Wal-Marts put out a fresh case of Voyagers, including Megatron (and presumably Prime, although I didn't see him). They've also put out more deluxes: the movie protoforms (which they should have put out back in May, but instead completely skipped).

Target is still stripped to the bones, though (the bones being Prime helmets, Real Gear, 3" Tits, Cyber Stompers, and the blasters).

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Still barren here, although I picked up a Longarm in Atlantic City today at the KB Toys outlet store. My Targets are empty as well. I thought they were going to be the movie headquarters and now they are totally stripped?!?! I did find a few Ultimate Bumblebees, of which I want, however ALL of them were smashed up at all three different stores. I need one with a pristine box for $80.00 Thank you.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I actually found a Barricade and Dreadwing the other day. First new deluxes in ages. Too bad I was too late to get a concept Bee.

15. zx10rhulk

zx10rhulk New Member

I haven't seen one of the Ultimate Bumblebees yet. I would probably even buy one of those with a crushed box because I want it so bad :)  Where have people seen those at?

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

target, walmart and TRU i saw him at. Im not about to pay Eighty Bucks for a smashed up to, you are welcome to them. Heck I don't even buy the ten and twenty dollars ones with crushed boxes. I keep the boxes and I Like them sharp.