Social Groups messed up in the Upgrade?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Keith Prime, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if you're still working on the Upgrade now that the site is back up, but I thought I'd point out, just in case, that the Social Groups page isn't loading properly & entering a Social Group doesn't display any posts, just the description field at the top & the Members field... at least in the couple I checked. The pic field in the Christian Social Group is showing as well.

I assume the page layout issue is due to that page's CSS having some issue. The area for the Groups I'm a member of appears to display properly, but the Join Date field is displaying "N/A", & below that it shows 15 "New Groups" & an incomplete layout, rather than the usual order of the Groups by most recent post.

No clue why the Social Group posts won't show up.

Also, clicking on "View All Groups" will display a page, w/ fewer than usual Groups (10), but w/ a proper layout. However, some of the Groups are showing "Never" as the date of the last post. Also, the field for # of pictures is black & only showing zeros in some groups. I speculate the 0s are appearing in Groups that have pics, since I know the Christian Social Group has pics, & it is one showing a 0.

2. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Social groups bug - image evidence

Social groups not being displayed on profiles Visaul evidence/reference.
    [​IMG]
    Browser: Firefox 12
    Online Cache: Set to delete up on browser close.

Keith Prime has already mentioned this but I'm providing this picture as evidence to bak up his statement.
    Could a mod merge this post in with his topic and I also hope to see the social groups back to normal soon.

Thanks,
    Saberfrost

EDIT: I mis-understood Kieth Prime's explanation. These are seperate issues but still likly symptoms related to the same cause.

3. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Saberfrost's post isn't what I was reporting, but it is probably related.

Also, it looks like we still can't make new posts here in the Tech Support Forum unless we made the thread, as I couldn't post in http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tfw2005-tech-support/611754-social-groups-bug-image-evidence.html.

I saw some mods were in the Test Social Group overnight, so I know you're working on it. Perhaps now people will realize what that Group is far, rather than continue spamming it.

& before you ask, as of this post, I still can't see posts in Social Groups & the layout is still screwy, but I did manage to join one: Voltron Fans Unite!

4. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    rxlthunder took a screen capture & PMed it to me, rather than making a new thread.

[​IMG]

Saberfrost is also having the same issue w/ the Social Groups, now that he took the time to look.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Work is currently underway to address these issues :) 

6. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Social Groups should be fixed now.

Their overall functionality has changed, and it can not be changed back to the way it was before. However, the SG areas are as they should be now.

If you run into new issues, feel free to submit a new thread.

Thanks!