Soak it up fellas, next 2 years is the Golden Age for Transformers, downhill after!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    True enough, but it just one of those things you have to learn to deal with when the toyline you collect starts to go mainstream so to speak.

2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

it's been a long time coming people

to be honest i never thought i would live to see the day that the mythos would make this large of a come back much less see the day that it would all become real in a certain manner of speaking

the past 20 years have been a real blast poeple

the way i see it its just one of those things that anyone from any age group can get into

heres to hoping it stays around for our kids grandkids and great grand kids to grow up on

3. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

Transformers is such a versatile franchise (it can literally change in an instant). I believe it will continue to adapt as time goes on without growing tired.

Some of the incarnations of Transformers that we will see are going to be less than perfect (we've already seen *some* of that!), but even an "extreme failure" could not kill the franchise.

In my opinion, Transformers is such a flexible concept that all it ever needs to reinvigorate itself is some new blood to spin fresh ideas.

4. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I agree, besides the line has certainly had it's up and downs over the years and I'm certain that cycle will not end. Then again that in itself is subject to one's point of view, for example some think armada was a upswing for the franchise while others hate it.

5. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Well I'm sure gonna enjoy the ride, and if the plug gets pulled, so to speak, well it was a fun ride.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    remember the 10th anniversary? animorphs. How did we recover from those abominations.

Yeah I'm knee deep in the vibe. Transformers are staying smokin hot for a long time coming.

I think there are still engineering feats in articulation that hasbro has only touched on that should one day become standard for all size classes. articulated fingers, double axis waist movement, mouths that open and close that stuff, beyond revoltech eventually the entire figures will similate humanoid articulaion perfectly. for everyone from to the smallest scout and the biggest among the supreme class.

What I expect to see in the far future lines that actually make homages to g1, beast wars, armada, energon, cybertron, the movie line, and animated simultaneously.

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    As ln as they keep Classics going in some form, i'm a happy Transfan...

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I think you're not giving RiD enough credit, Armada may have been huge for no reason i've ever been able to fathom, but RiD ushered it in.

9. blackout4500x

blackout4500x Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    RID was a really good line figure wise. i wish they came out with more figures with quality like that. animated figures are great, and im sure that the line will last for about 2 more years.

10. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RID plus the G1 reissues from TRU were what got me back into collecting. I'm of the opinion that it's just gotten better since then. Despite that I felt I was getting close to done early in the Energon line, I kept going. From there I branched out and collected backwards through the rest of RID, Beast Machines/Wars, and G2.

Why does it have to be 2 years? Power Rangers enjoyed several years at the top. Why can't Transformers? There must be more after the 25th Anniversary line to look forward to.

11. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

My bold prediction, after Transformers 3, Hasbro would still wanna continue to keep the Transformers brand by releasing swaths of G1 related stuff and possible shows. The time has come now where the old G1 stuff is now alive and kicking again. The brand will always be in a "Pax Transformera" or whatever you wanna call it. :D 

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. We've got Animated (which Hasbro wants to keep going at least up to 2011), another two movies worth of toy lines at least (and that's assuming that the franchise doesn't remain popular enough for them to milk more movies from it) and Universe (which will include the afformentioned 25th Anniversary line and Hasbro has basically said they intend to expand or contract this line depending on their needs for the year so it doesn't look like our Classics homages are going anywhere soon either).

With all that I just can't believe that it'll be two years and we're done. Even if you don't like Animated or the Movie there is another option now. Which is more than we've ever had before. Before if you didn't like a line you just had to wait patiently and hope you liked the next one... but with the franchise taking off the way it has... we've got at least two lines on the shelves by the looks of things at any given time now. Seems to me there should be something for everyone at least.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Whoa! How did I miss this news? Link, please?

14. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:banghead: 

Just run the damn show for a year like the rest of'em & move on! :( 

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Having trouble finding the post right now, but it was something Kickback through out there in one of the Animated discussion threads.

Honestly, when you think about it... it's really not that hard to fathom as they want to have another two seasons at least and you'll have at least one of the next two movie lines in between Animated series I presume.

16. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm, will there be TF3 hmmmm

17. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Golden Age... You mean similar to what happen like in comic books?

Then the 80's G1 Transformers was the Golden Age.

But does it really matter?

I've noticed that there has been a Transformers line for almost every generation from G1 to the current Transformers Animated cartoon.

Who knows what tomorrow brings?

More than likely a few or more active members will still be collecting and new collectors will join the fold.

If there's a demand... There will be a supply.

With the Movie being successful as it was, there will be more to come.

But why is everyone so wrapped up in a Trilogy?

Maybe because of Star Wars?

Star Wars is cool and will always be, but Transformers are something else!

If Star Wars has a fan base as huge as it is, I'm quite sure Transformers has one just as big and it seems that Transformer fans are just as passionate.

Personally, I'm enjoying that what I thought was cool when I was a kid is still around for me to enjoy as an adult.

I grew up in the G1 era and it's nice to see the same G1 characters in different toy lines like RID, Beast Wars, Alternators, Classics, Animated, etc.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Unless the second film is just so screwed up or the public is just really tired of big fighting robots that the box office drops like a rock in the second week of release then there will be a Transformers 3. It's just sort of how Hollywood milks the heck out of a franchise.

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, there's that and we did hear about certain actors (I believe Shia & Megan) being signed for at least two more movies after the first one. So, yeah, unless the second movie really bombs out with the average movie goer I'd expect at least one more. And if that one's big we could receive more... look what happened with Spider-Man. Initially it was just signed for three movies as well, but after the third one Sony Pictures decided that they would go ahead and make 4, 5 & 6 (though no information on if anyone from the first three would return). Could get something similar with Transformers.

20. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Too bad.
    I love Animated and the Movie (07, not much for '86 since they killed off awesome chars) and I will enjoy Transformers until 50 years and beyond!

Or maybe until the day I die. lol.

Transformers going downhill? Maybe it'll be a little quiet after the movies and shows but downhill? I don't think so. They're always room for another toyline, another series, spinoffs etc. Hasbro needs constant cash flow..