So you've maxed your levels. Now what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Oct 1, 2012.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I just went Prime 100 this weekend. And I'm kind of wondering where to go from here. I might try some of the other modes I've not tried (headhunter, Team deathmatch) but really that's just going to feel like pwning noobs which I don't wanna do. And since I don't need the points, I don't really see the point of going back to Conquest. So the question is for those that have maxed Prime Mode, what do you do afterwards? Move on to other games? Enjoy having everything unlocked? Some third option I haven't thought of?

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Keep playing the game? When I eventually get a new hard drive and my own copy of FOC, I'm not gonna be playing it for the achievements and unlockable goodies. Nono, I'm gonna play it to have fun. Something to do on my days off or come home tired from work and all that good crap.

3. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    It's the unfortunate fact that while trophy hunting and MP leveling add to games these days, once you've finished w/ them, continuing to play can feel tedious. Personally, I'm going to aim for completing the teletran challenges.

4. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

They really should have taken a lesson from Call of Duty and made more Prime modes to play though, at least people would feel like they were accomplishing something and keep them playing longer. Instead of slamming everyone with double XP and making them reach the "end" of the game so soon.

5. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

It's all about the gameplay. If it doesn't keep you coming back, that's ok, but it's really what playing a game should be about.

Honestly, if I get bored of what I'm doing in this game, I just try out a new load-out set/ class combo just to add variety, but once I run out of that I could see coming back still.

6. transtrekkie

For me, I just don't wanna be "that guy". I haven't experienced this in FoC, but when I was trying to level in WFC, I would often get put into games where half the players had maxed Prime Mode and just wound up getting bitch slapped around the map, not getting points by guys who don't even need the points. So I had to wonder why they would want to keep others from leveling up to where they could enjoy the game. Conceptually, I don't really believe that was their motivation, Conquest was their favorite modes and they just kept playing, but being on the receiving end of that was very frustrating. I don't really want to create that same frustration in others so now that I'm on the other side of it, I figured I'd pose the question. So far, I like Chalice's idea of finishing out the challenges.

And then of course, there's always escalation.

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I play Conquest not because of the EXP gain...I play Conquest because I find objective based game modes infinitely more fun than just Deathmatch. Deathmatch is boring as hell and I'd rather not play any game than settling for Deathmatch.

That being said, I've maxed out all my classes with zero intent to Prime. I play the game because I'm a competitive minded gamer. I like playing to win...when I play to win I have a lot of fun. It puts me into that mood. Trying to out think my opponents, being three steps ahead, and coming out on top. Gaming like that excites me and allows me to use my brain, rather than just turning it off and vegging out in a game.

I'm going to sound very elitist here...but I have no problem with smashing people who are less skilled. That's the nature of online games. Those people will eventually give up or become just as skilled. I don't see why I need to be courteous to lesser skilled players in any video game. It's not like I'm teaching anyone here. If I were coaching or teaching, then I'd lighten up, because you have to learn in increments, but if I'm just playing, then why should I "play nice" and give them a chance?

That's why I will continue to play. I'll continue to play until no one plays this game. That's the only reason why I stopped playing WfC...towards the end barely anyone really played Conquest, and since I don't play TDM I stopped.

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Keep playing. I still occasionally play WFC, when I primed in June.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Keep playing, of course. The other robots aren't gonna kill themselves, y'know :) 

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    You play the game for fun

Seriously, that's all you do. No worries about levelling up, no worries about how you should play. Just play the game the way you want to play it.

11. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Time to move on.

I see too many Max Prime players in Conquest and CTF that just play it like deathmatch. No capturing. No defending. Just camping and killing.

As I did with the first game, once theres nothing left to attain I retire from the game. I might play some CTF or Headhunter every once in a while, but once Ass Creed 3, Halo 4 and Hitman's Abs come out I'm not gonna be playing this much anymore at all regardless if I max out or not.

12. transtrekkie

It doesn't sound elitist, but it's not really a question of skill, but more a question of abilities. Sending a level 0 infiltrater up against a maxed prime titan isn't a fair fight. The infiltrator just does not have any of the abilities unlocked that the titan does (or even another maxed out infiltrator). I mean, the level 0 guy can have all the skill in the world, but if you don't have access to the abilities, it's not gonna mean much. I personally would hate to be on either end of that equation. Mostly because I've been on both ends of it and sucks both ways.

13. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

I agree with this

14. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll play for fun, since this is really the only online game I kick ass in. Well, for me, Having more k's than d's is kicking ass, though it's certainly by no great margin.

15. J2DK

J2DK Fan

I maxed out my prime levels, too. I play for fun. As I've stated in other threads, this is the only multiplayer shooter series I can actually say I'm good at online. Call of Duty? I'm around a 1.3 k/d which is pretty average. Same for Halo. I don't play Gears online. I don't play PC games. Fall of Cybertron, though, I'm at 3.2 and rising. It's fun actually being good for once.

Edit: Playing up from level 0 isn't so bad, but then again, I played a lot of WFC and got a good feel for the game from the demo. For those playing a HMS Transformers game for the first time, though, I can see why level 0 would be frustrating as hell.

16. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have a long way to go before I even get to the first prime levels. I typically just play for fun now, and leveling up is a side effect of that. It is nice to have all the perks unlocked for the higher levels so I may never even activate prime mode (still haven't in WFC even though all classes are 25s)

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Exactly. I'm prime 100, 1000G (all achievements) and I play it for just that. Fun. I do different things, try out different stuff, or even occasionally just goof off.

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The bolded parts I thoroughly agree with and adore *bro fist*.

Bear my children.

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Ha, PlanckEpoch and Karhukjnsi are delightfully brutal. Reminds me of using the Decoy Trap with the poison upgrade in WfC; how I loved watching my victim squirm.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Holy shit I hated being caught by Decoy Trap, but it is absolutely effective. I used it more as a grenade/mine, though. I had someone chase after me, then I drop it (Mario Kart style) right in their path, then either slice or BOOM!

Now, my favorite combo is spamming the Titan's Slime Cannon, and meleeing once or twice.

Lol no. Because if the level 0 guy knows what he's doing and dealing with, he can take out a maxed out Titan. This isn't the age where brute force conquers all, now we have something better: strategizing.