So you want to try Lair, now that the patch is out, but you don't want to spend on it

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frys has Lair for 10 bucks.. If you've ever wanted to try the game that IGN gave a 4.5, but has entertained some of the people who looked beyond IGN's bias (especially with the new control scheme), Frys has the game for 10 bucks.

2. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    never played it, but was the dragon control what was wrong with the game originally?

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I had rented it. I didn't have a problem with the controls. They were pretty intuitive. I really just didn't care for the game overall.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IGN had a laundry list of reasons (but then again, IGN is under the wallet of M$, it's all but been proven, and their yellow journalism is as well-hidden as Clark Kent without his glasses on), but game control was on the top of the list. But this is one of the games that is still in my library because I still enjoy it, and I didn't have a problem with the controls, though I could easily see why some people might. Aside from that, it was a pretty awesome story, excellent musical score, very detailed and colorful graphics, with some nice texturing (as well as beautiful lighting effects). The latter battles were insane and spectacular, visually. It's not for everyone, to be sure, but this is the cheapest way to find out, if you are so inclined.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah i rented it not too long ago

downloaded the patch

eh

as much as i wanted to like it [cuz the idea of dragons and all that stuff is awesome] i just couldnt get into it at all.

the story was all over the place and really hard to follow. it just went places for no real reason. bleh

coulda been a cool game but it is pretty sucky

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Got it for $15 at target on clearance. Not a waiste of money but I don't much like the gameplay part of it. Everything else is amazing though.

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

the games ok, but the thing that threw me off the most was the dialogue.

i expected ye olde english, LOTR style or somesuch, but its more like "YOU SHOT THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE! AWESOME! HIGH FIVE! LETS GET SOME BEERS" etc. other than that its a pretty decent fyling game.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Now I HAVE to try this game :lol 

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    If they remove the level where you try to protect the boats and the bridge. I'll buy it again. :D