So you can't swap parts can you.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, May 13, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for new on this but it seems like this won'y happen. But I could have sworn in a multiplayer trailer I saw bumblebee with different colours ans a different head.

2. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yes you can swap parts i think. even abilities.

for example, Air Raid is supposed to be a scientist class since he's a flier, but in the trailers, he has a cloaking ability which is basically for scouts. but dont take my word for it tho. thats just how i got it from the trailers and i think switching is possible but some others here might know better to make sure thats the case.

3. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

In the campaign i dont think the characters fallow their class. But for the multiplayer i don't think you can swap parts.

4. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

no part swaping. You pick the class/vehicle type, the specific chassis, the weapon and ability loadout, and colors.

No matter what your dude will look like a recolor of one of the main bots.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Ya you cant swap parsts like heads, hands, legs etc all you can do is switch out chasis and change the color...

6. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

Although I understand the lack of part swapping for transforming robots, I am still a bit disappointed they didn't at least give us the option to swap heads. I would think that would be very doable and a nice feature.

Nonetheless, I'm am looking forward to the game and especially to multiplayer.

7. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i dont understand this not being able to choose a head...

from what i gathered, you are only able to change a chassis... but obviously at the beginning of you game, you get to pick which class you will be (either scout, soldier, leader, scientist). let's examine this: under leader, you have the bodies of optimus prime, ratchet, megatron (those are the two obvious leader-based characters to me now) available. if you choose a scientist, you will have the bodies of starscream, jetfire, maybe even thundercracker, etc. so if you then chose those bodies, you basically are choosing the kind of head you would like to have for your custom character. or am i reading this wrong? so the problem basically is you probably dont get to transfer the abilities within a class to another class... that's how im reading this so far.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I agree on the head and id even say hands as even a variation on those would be nice to personalize your TF in game.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nope, no parts swapping, but considering this is their first TF game, the fact that there are any customizing options is great. Also, as it's been pointed out, the bots you can control in campaign mode don't follow the restrictions the classes have for multiplayer (aka the campaign is more character specific). However it appears the ability to pick up any weapon also works for multiplayer (the one Prime recolor clearly had a fusion cannon, which is a soldier weapon).

Actually, Megatron's design is considered to be a Soldier class option. So far the class breakdown of chasis for the create-a-bot in multiplayer is this:

Scout-
    -Bumblebee
    -Sideswipe
    -Jazz
    -Barricade
    -Breakdown

Scientist-
    -Jetfire
    -Silverbolt
    -Air Raid
    -Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker

Leader-
    -Optimus Prime
    -Ironhide
    -Ratchet
    -Soundwave

Soldier-
    -Warpath
    -Megatron
    -Brawl

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Fusion Cannon is a Leader Class weapon.

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    As stingy as it sounds, the lack of real customization and no splitscreen is almost enough to make me rethink buying this game. I'm still gonna buy it as the singleplayer sounds amazing, but my excitement has definitely diminished.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Megatron's chassis is actually based on the Soldier class (being he's a tank and all) and Starscream and T-cracker have the same exact chassis.

With MP, there's probably going to be 2-3 different chassis available per class, maybe more if there's cross factional chassis available. From there we get some slight color changing options and then weapon/skill choice options and that's about it. The actual storymode bots however will get unique mixes of custom chassis, unique heads, special weapon and abilities to be unlike anything you can use in MP.

13. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    thanks much ziero, raven for the info.