So, yeah, is Blackout returning?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Santoanderson, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

In the new footage. Left side of the screen at the 2:09 mark. We have a helicopter with roughly the same builds as blackout pulling the same "switchblade" move we saw him do in the first movie, IE whipping out his tail rotor using it as a chain saw.

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'd be curious to know as well.

Part of me says yes, because Skorps is back and it would make sense to have Blackout back. But I want to know how Blackout gets to come back.

Part of me says no, and its a heli-bot who looks similar/recycled (kinda like how Sideways is really similar to Barricade). But then I think they wouldn't do that because that'd get confusing for the non-TF fan. *shrug*

Either way, I'm happy A heli-bot is in it :) . I dunno why, but I love helicopters and helicopter robots are even better.

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

wow how much more proof do you need. It's Blackout trust me on this.

I think it goes with out saying all the dead characters ( including Jazz, naysayers!!! ) can get a second shot at life. Im also on board with the idea the red bull dozer is the reformatted bonecrusher esepcially since he gave a nice mug shot thats pretty close to him just that its red.

4. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw that too. What the deuce?! I thought Roberto Orci said Blackout was going to be a no show. Stupid misinformation campaign...

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But that was just when he started writing the script on DM.net, you can change your mind and I am pleasantly surprised Blackout's back: but what does this mean for Soundwave's role?

6. Santoanderson

Let's keep in mind that Bob doesn't have the be all, end all authority in this flick. Michael Bay could very well walk into ILM one day and say, "Hey, could you pull up the Blackout model from TF1 and sub him into some scenes?" Heck, he could probably throw in a giant, robot Bea Arthur if he felt like it.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Let's start some crazy speculation here...

What if Soundwave's Earth form = MH-53M Pave Low IV?...

8. Santoanderson

That would suck so much. Imagine, taking arguably one of the most famous characters and just putting his head on an old ILM model. I shudder at the thought.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Okay, not a perfect re-duplication :p 

But another helicopter, and because we're at a distance, we can't make out specifics?

Again, just tossing ideas out...

10. Alienbot

News Credits:
    I thought transfans wanted undead robots.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm sure some "realism" fans might get all upset about dead bots being back, but if it is Blackout then I like the idea. Just seems rather dull and boring that can be killed like us so if they threw in that Terminator sort of feel that you can't know if they are really dead or not, well that would be down right cool.

Chalk it up to a misunderstanding of Autobots thinking death was like their status lock or something, but if we have status lock now instead of dead dead then the movie universe just got a lot better. Knock a bot into status lock and if you need them in a later film then things are good to go. Plus do we really want the movie universe to be the only place where the bots aren't tough, it would be kind of sad if Waspinator was tougher than even the biggest of the movie bots.

12. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    It also kinda looked like brawl on the bridge. And Blackout was awesome and Im glad he is back.:D 

13. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    From what it seems that was actually Mixmaster on the Brooklyn Bridge.

But yes, BLACKOUT IS BACK! My fav. And there's no mistaking, the head, the body, hell even his rear rotor weapon.

Now what would be interesting to see is Lennox and Epps' reaction to seeing him, the killer who wiped out their base and and fellow servicemen in Qatar. Especially after thinking they put him down.

14. Alienbot

News Credits:
    Blackout could be after Lennox in the same way Megatron would seek satisfaction in squishing Sam.

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Wouldn't you if you were shot in the crotch?

16. Santoanderson

I'm just so overwhelmed by the amount of new bots we saw in the trailer, but I'm also kinda bummed because the new trailer will probably be the latter part of this trailer, and little else.

Do we get a glimpse of Sideswipe at 2:22?

PS, I hope we get to see Devastator in environments beyond big, flat, and empty deserts. I wanna see him stomping on buildings. (PS, at 2:06, one of the compositors screwed up. Devastator's floating!)

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Totally Blackout, he's with what looks like Megs and Screamer. If there's anybody to be hanging out with, its them.

18. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

Maybe ROTF means revenge from more then just Megatron who died in the last film. Also Blackout we didn't know if hes spark was truly destroyed unlike Brawl. Maybe Jazz could be resurrected, but i doubt it since its the Decepticons doing the resurrecting.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I agree. Since it's the Decepticons resurrecting Megatron (and supposedly some of the other fallen cons as well), I highly doubt they would go through alot of trouble reviving Jazz, seeing as he's an Autobot that will attack them on sight. Unless, of course, they could find a way to make him evil...:p 

20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even from a distance, it looks exactly like Blackout. If it is just a recycled model, I'm kind of disappointed.