So, yeah, Energon.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Yoakem, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Does Prime use Energon cubes, or what? Dumb question, considering I've seen it in the Energon mines, but is it made INTO cubey-liquids, or what? Have they explained how it's consumed yet? Kind of an important thing to know when you write fanfic.

Have any of the Autobots even made reference to Energon? I don't recall any of them mentioning 'eating' or anything.

...I realize this question makes me look like a doof, but I'm okay with that.

2. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I don't think they've touched on the subject of consuming Energon..yet. I'm sure it will pop up sometime in the future though.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It's definitely vital to them, Bulkhead mentioned that on Episode 21.

On the way the extract, they seem to catch that "diamond form" Energon and drill the liquid Energon out of it [in Darkness Rising, Some "drill troops" could be seen].

It seems that Energon turns liquid once something drills it [vaguely similar to drilling ice, but without the concept of melting] and with the liquid-form Energon, they feed themselves.

While it was never specified HOW they feed, It's probably that it works on a similar logic that of Megatron's Stasis on the Nemesis at the end of "Masters and Students" [when he was feed through tubes]: They likely grab a tube and stick into their chests until their health is good [Bulkhead even did that once with a tube, though no one explicitely said it was Energon].

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They (Screamer and Soundwave) used an energon cube to open Skyquake's chamber/bring him out of stasis.

5. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I guess I really haven't been paying that much attention. o_o Sheesh. Bad fan, bad.

Thanks for the answers, everyone.

6. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assumed the drillers were used to dig through the dirt and rock, not the energon.

7. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

The Energon on Prime seems to be all over the place.

Sometimes it is in Crystal or Rock-like formations. Seen in various mines, and out in the open in Deus Ex Machina, it just looks like rock.

Sometimes it's in a Liquid form, like in the fuel lines in Scrapheap, or Airachnid's crashed Ship, or when the characters sometimes bleed.

And sometimes it can be pure energy, like when Starscream uses the Energon Harvester, also in Deus Ex Machina.

Then of course there is Dark Energon, that has different traits depending on what state it's in. In solid Crystalline state it can revive Cybertronian Dead into Zombies, and it can also be used to heal injuries in living TFs. (Restoring Megatron in Out of His Mind)

In Liquid state, Dark Energon can bring to life inanimate objects, much like the Allspark from the movieverse.

Oh, and Starscream does use an Energon Cube to awaken Skyquake in Masters and Students.

8. megapork

megapork Cheese

Maybe energon is administered through that decontamination chamber of secrets thing like in rays to replenish the energon already in them. Or is administered directly like in megatron's stasis/coma. And Maybe when in a concentrated form it's stored in cubes and take the form of cube containers. And When in liquid form it's more stable for use.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, that's hardly "all over the place" - those are all really common depictions of energon which have all co-existing in multiple continuities before. The crystal is its raw natural form, the liquid is the form its most commonly processed into for use, and converting it into energy is, per "Exodus" at least, a method developed by the ancients for ease in transporting it (which fits with the harvester being an ancient device).

10. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Energon in Prime: The writers won't give us a clue on where it came from or why it's there.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, Optimus explained in Darkness Rising that there was a period in the War when both sides tried to hide their Energon in other planets, Earth was one of those planets.

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing I'd like to know is how they seeded various planets with energon. Why do they have to mine the stuff. If energon was just transported on to earth, shouldn't they be in big vaults, prepackaged for quick transport?

It's starting to seem that they did something to the planet, through chemicals or something that forced the planet to produce energon.(I wonder if that harmed the planet in anyway)

Crystals can form, right? There are crystal formations that can grow if memories serves me right. I know there are some minerals that seem to grow such as stalectites and stalagmites. I'm wondering if there is a special type of energon crystal that grows and spreads energon.

Maybe energon seeds?

13. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

If its anything like Beast Wars - it probably is seeded. Like they may have planted a few crystals here and there and they spread out and grew.

But this is a different continuity - so no telling.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen the autobots use any, but it doesn't mean that they don't. Perhaps in season 2 we'll see more.

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    They did in Darkness Rising.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think it's been stated that there was a Beast Wars like event in Prime's continuity. Perhaps this war was fought a few millenia after the crystals were initially seeded and had grown into something substantial enough to be useful. It would explain the graveyard in Darkness Rising.

17. megapork

megapork Cheese

Ummmm... They Did. In Darkness Rising Part 3, Around about when ratchet was conversing with optimus on their way to the graveyard/battlefield. It was basically explained that earth was a storage planet for the spoils of war which was energon.