So yea... Fansproject... remember them?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now, before I start off, I know that the last insecticon wasn't released that long ago: Save it.

Ok... so, anyways, I was just thinking about the fact that FP pretty much always has pictures or prototypes of something new out as their current stuff is being released. Lately though.... not so much?

We haven't seen a teaser, a rumor, NOTHING from this group that's pretty much set the bar in terms of not only "cool" products, but quality and pricing as well.

So, I'm jsut wondering what happened? Are the rumors of FP being done really true? Did they just pretty much shift all gears and "become" Maketoy?

I wanna' know.

2. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    not sure if they are one and the same. but fans project does that the prototype of Heartmaster on their site. although its been there for months.

3. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I'm not a FP expert but I think their business model doesn't allow them to live off of their work. So I wouldn't be surprised for some down time owing to the day job or whatever. Likewise, their business model doesn't require them to punch out the product. Let's recall their 2010 releases:

early 2010: Warbot?
    summer: Explorer/Munitioner
    winter: Protector

Correct me if I'm wrong. The Warbot might have been hanging on from winter 2009.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

FP might just be laying low to avoid Hasbro and mainly Takara heat. Maybe some of their guys are working on side projects. I doubt they'd just stop working forever as FP with all the good reputation they have.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I feel like FP does less teasing then other 3rd party companies. So I hope they show something and release it like a month after they show it.

Wasn't there a menasor rumor at sdcc a while back?

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Aren't they working on that Heartmaster thing? We saw some items at BotCon, and IIRC, MakeToys is under Fansproject, so maybe they have the same staff working on the Maketoys minibots and Giant.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Maybe they figure it's just not good business sense to try and compete with TFC's Hercules, which is costing people a small fortune right now.

8. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    This kinda odd for them, there usually is some kinda update in the wake of a series of releases. An update has to be on the way pretty soon.

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tis the holidays coming up, and I assume FP designers have families (and day jobs) like the rest of us. Besides, there are still two figures remaining in their Causality line we haven't even seen yet (or have any idea who they might be), and I just think they're waiting a bit for the big reveal. A re-release or redeco of Defender Warbot might be nice but I won't hold my breath on that. Rumors of a Menasor in the works is also filed under my want/wishlist but I'm patient enough for FP to make their move when the time is right. There's so much other stuff I want to get right now that my wallet is on life support as it is, heh.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    @TimesynchHaven't Fansproject finished their Causality series? Their Astrotrain and Swindle repaints and the Insecticons?

11. jleezy79

jleezy79 Well-Known Member

This was something I brought up on the Maketoy Battle tanker thread a few weeks ago. Please keep in mind that this is only my wild speculation and how I can imagine that FP has seperated and MT is picking up the pieces.

1. Any social network sites, boards, and websites for FP have been dead for a while.
    2. When the MT products were first revealed is was as FP and then later corrected to MT
    3. There has been no real open mention of new FP items. They have just been whispers in the dark.
    4. There are very similar design points between FP Heartmaster and MT "Fallen" and there has been no news about Heartmaster
    5. The ninja bugs have been last thing we have seen and at one point their masters were also going to go into production.
    6. The first pics of the completed Giant were shown beside a FP Bruticus.

So really it is just all wild speculation and conspiracy theory but I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out this way. I hope FP is still going strong anf that they are working on something to knock our socks off because they haven't let me down yet.

12. jleezy79

jleezy79 Well-Known Member

I think this is where the insecticon ninja masters is going to fit in.

13. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I'm not going crazy, heh. I vaguely recalled on the FP site that there were two future spots for two mystery figures that have yet to be announced; thanks for clearing that up. I do remember that were 5 spots open for their new Causality continuation figures (not counting Flameblast and Warcry); the not-Insecticons filled up three, leaving two left. Who these bots are and how they tie in with the bugs (as their supposed masters in FP's strange if interesting fiction) remains to be seen.

14. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Hopefully their silence only means that they're working hard to push Heart Master's release by next month or so! =D

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I am a firm believer that Fansproject and Maketoy are one company doing two different things.

Fansproject flies clean with thier "manga-ed" G1 inspired Classicverse figures.
    Maketoy goes in head first and produces direct IP thefts alla The Fallen and Giant.

So FP hasn't gone anywhere, they just released the two minibots, the trailer and Giant is next.

The real question is will Menasor be Mangafied and under the FP banner or will it go the MT way?

*edit* Let's play on the fact that FP is not MT.

Going by the part time work and holiday season theory and saying they are too busy for anything is off. It would make sense if the process from design to figure was a couple of months but judging by trends it is closer to a year.
    The only theory I have is that they are laying low because of all the Herc and Giant noise. So if they are not MT I can see a HUGE announcement coming either by Christmas as a gift or early next year to show the 2012 line up.

We still have quite a bit from their 2011 line up missing which is odd. Heartmaster, CA-06 and 07, WB-02 and XF-03. FP missed the mark hard this year. But then again I don't think they started MT when the original 2011 list came out.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do you keep running with that rumour, when all of the insiders say no, and have formally cleared up all the circumstances that lead to that rumour in the first place?

FP was working with MT as a "consultant". That's all. FP is China (Hong Kong?)-based, MT is Japan-based.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i thought their version of Menasor was rumored to be revealed in January? could be wrong, but i definately remember that in my head for some reason

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Three people INCLUDING THE OP IN THE ORIGINAL POST mention that they are related and yet you got issue with me doing it.

Simple question, because you are constantly on me, what effect do my words have on you?

And about insiders, they are on the side of the company not the community and seeing how FP wants their affiliation to MT a secret, I'm just going to trust the physical facts on this one. Believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear. Even then everything (outside of insiders word) points to FP and MT being one in the same.

Regarding the bolded line. You really think that these two companies, that are basically off the radar and impossible to physically locate, being from two different regions makes me believe any less? I guess hasbro isn't an American company cuz the toys are produced in Vietnam.

At the end of the day who cares what I say or think. I highly doubt that Hasbro and Takara will attack Fansproject because Transbot90210 says they are also Maketoys. lol

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I associate you with that fact the most since you keep saying it.

Area 51, no moon landings, yadda yadda...

Everything what? There's nothing that points to them being one in the same. The only link that was ever drawn was created through miscommunication.

I've got nothing against you personally. I just hate seeing bad rumours posted around as fact. But seeing as you're the one that keeps posting them...

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They don't want their affiliation with MakeToys to be a secret. We know the extent of the affiliation.

Venksta said they aren't the same, so they aren't the same. That's all that needs to be said on the issue.