So will YOU listen to the critics after seeing DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Apr 2, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    you after you saw rotf:" best movie ever!!!!!!"
    you after you heard the critic's review on rotf:" this movie sucked!! too much goofing around! not enough robots! megan cant act!! all tht B.S!!!

seriously people, its obvious critics are just Bay haters. I was blown away when i walked out that theater.month later everyone said how it suck and what the critics said. sure, there are flaws.but NO MOVIE IS PERFECT! and they took it too seriously, because its not supposed to be a dumb soap opera, its made for your entertainment to see shit blow up everywhere and robots fighting, and for G1 fans, wasnt that the case anyway???so no one can really complain.

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Their opinions mean very little to me.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It amazes me how anyone lets a critic dictate how they should view a movie without seeing it themselves.

4. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

As I always say in this situation, "Not everyone likes cheese on their burger. There's people who don't even want the bun on it. Hell, there's people who'd rather have a damn salad."

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    F**k no!

6. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is a weird question. Why would I listen to any critics after I've watched any movie? Half the time their reviews are overly opinionated anyway. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I go to see it because.....well.....its Transformers. I don't care what Siskel or Ebert think.

7. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I actually read a couple of negative reviews before I saw the movie, and I still enjoyed it. If anything, negative reviews make me want to see a movie even more (although I've decided not to see Sucker Punch, not because of reviews, but because it doesn't really interest me) And critical acclaim is a big turn-off. I'm odd that way:lol 

8. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Especially since a majority of critics considered it the worst movie ever. Really, when they say that and movies like DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION exist, they lose credibility - I saw ONE clip of DBE on TV, and the acting was just...hideous, and that's being nice. Tommy Wiseau's acting from THE ROOM was bad, but it's hilarious; DBE was just unbearable. I assume it's safe to say quite a few of them are probably disliking ROTF for the sake of disliking it, especially Ebert.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ....Why the fuck would I let a critic influence what I think? I can tell if I'm watching a bad movie on my own.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. I'll read them but it won't let it influence me. A bunch of movies I love were hated by critics & movies they love bore me to death.

I'm sure they'll trod out the 'based on toys' excuse as why 'it sucks'.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Only time the film critics make me happy is when they put very bad reviews on Twilight movies =)

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry to dump on all the critic rage, but I find them rather useful.

I could have avoided the disappointment of Spiderman 3 if I just read reviews first. I could have avoided the disappointment of Revenge of the Fallen if I just read the reviews first. Ouch and I'd hate to think how many small not hyped films I would have missed if critics didn't point out the good films without a vast ad campaign and Hollywood hype.

Are all critics good good? No of course not, there are some critics that I almost never agree with, but that doesn't mean I haven't found critics with my same taste in films.

If the choice is listen to directors, producers, actors, and ads that will tell you whatever it takes to sell a ticket or a critic who doesn't have anything riding on the box office of the film I'll take the guys with nothing to gain.

I know some people love this fantasy of everyone loved Revenge of the Fallen before the critics used their mind control powers to sour all that love, but even without a single review there would still people bitterly disappointed with Revenge of the Fallen.

13. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I've seen plenty of movies where critics thought the movie was bad, but oddly enough, the entire theater watching the movie with me thought differently. *shrugs* All I know is, of the few times I would have agreed with them, it was with the movie Skyline. But that's a whole different topic of suck-assness.

14. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    THIS

15. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Critics, Razzies, and fan reaction to the TF movies have no affect on my decision to buy the movies. So they won't affect my decision to own DotM. I will own the 2D version.

16. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

No. In fact, after reading the critics' reviews on ROTF (Which I really enjoyed), I've lost all credibility for them.

17. Ispankmyturtle

Ispankmyturtle Banned

I was like best movie ever after ROTF, I just went in for robots and action, Its what I got! I loved it! I watched it last week and enjoyed it, the hate upsets me, I love the movies so much(first one the most) the one thing the 2nd one did better then the first was the camera work, it was still shaky and fast, but it was zoomed out more, and judging from the TF3 teasers we saw, the action seems to be in full view

f**k critics

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I had never read a single critical review of ROTF before I saw it....my opinion of it was formed only by my own thoughts in my own mind.

I don't let anyone make my mind up for me.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I thought based on toys was the excuse used by fans as to why Transformers can't be a deep character driven sci fi epic but only what we have now in the films.

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Pretty much.

And I'm not saying ROTF wasn't bad, but that critic reaciton was the most ridiculous thing I ever witnessed in the history of Critics, Batshit insane to say the least.

Worst movie of the Decade? Have you guys ever seen stuff like Superman Returns, Catwoman, or Dragon Ball Evolution?

And worst of all, the movie wasn't even nominated for the Oscar of best special effects, and that's completely ridiculous.