So, will we get a trailer for Classics Prime and larger size classes/price points?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    So, Hasbro said@botcon that if classics does well enough we would be getting larger size classes/pricepoints. Honestly it seems like classics has been doing well, they sell pretty quick around the stores I have been too. Funny thing is the voyagers seem to be selling faster than the deluxes(I thought it would be the other way around considering they are more expensive).

I did some detective work one day and remember those insider pulse listing we found months back? There was a seperate listing for Prime and one for Prime and his trailer.

I tend to think that Hasbro had a trailer already designed but held back on making a leader class pricepoint($39.99) to test the waters first....

So in the event that classics does well and they do bring out bigger size classes/pricepoints, I have a feeling they have Prime w/trailer ready to go. I mean who wouldn't expect that? Plus most of us want it and provided there even was a design done...well....all they have to do is wait and see if the line is selling well and they can just pump it out. It'd be easy on their part provided the design is already done and waiting to be released.

Others I think we could see in a higher pricepoint are a new Ultra Magnus(bigger all new mold more reminiscent of g1), Sky lynx, Scorponok, et al. Or perhaps some of these could be Ultra's? I dream of a classics powermaster prime.

Also these larger pricepoints(ultra/leader) could be stand in's for the large movie pricepoints(aren't the leader pricepoints for the movie around $44.99?). That way all the stores have to do is change the name on the shelf tag but keep the price same. This makes it easier for them.

For those in the know........was there a trailer designed for Classics Prime to begin with?

What about Soundwave, was there a classics design for him that was to be made? Does one even exist? I'd love to see him w/tapes and Blaster as well. Or CD's. Bleh whatever as long as he has minions that can go in him or them or whichever.

In the end I hope classics does well enough to tide us over till the movie and goes beyond the 2 waves(or is it 4 now?)

BTW I READ ON TRANSFORMERSCLASSICS.COM THAT ALL THE G1 SEEKERS WILL BE MADE IN THIS LINE AND SO FAR WE KNOW OF STARSCREAM, RAMJET, AND SKYWARP SO LIKE WAS THAT A HINT FROM TFW MODS OF WHAT IS COMING OUT? BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE COOL AND DEFINITELY

FTW!!!

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, but by the time they'd get around to it, everyone would have Prime anyway, and we'd have 'Starscream + Vector Prime' 2-pack all over again.
    Release a Trailer on its own, through HTS (globally) exclusively, but make it limited, maybe to about 10,000 per HTS, so that they dont end up with stacks left, but dont end up with mass panic to get one.

I would think that Hasbro would have trouble selling a transforming robot with no robot-mode.

Only Screamer, Ramjet, and Skywarp have been confirmed, but suspicions are that we can expect Thundercracker in a 2-pack or later wave to bulk up deluxes. Thrust and Dirge are just Wishful thinking, or so I believe, I dont think weve been told that they have even been considered. They may be on the 'short list' but thats it.

3. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Hasbro sold skylynx in g1, sold the Che and megatron beast rider vehicles in beast machines and also sold lazerbeak in armada as a transforming bird camera. Niether of these turned into robots.

Not all people have Prime nor Megatron. I have come to assume that hasbro repaints or retools or reuses parts at least ONCE in one way shape or form. This is why I have not bought the leaders yet. I have a feeling Megatron will be repainted in more g1 like colors(they can and can still make it look like a toy gun, give it more black like g1, make the clear plastic red but DON'T paint the wings.....sure it will look super kiddified in gun mode but hey we get a g1 color like robot mode so its a compromise I am willing to take. Not to mention with Prime I just have this suspicion we will see him with a trailer. If not then I will buy him as is).

As far as my speculation for the seekers, I am just going off of what I [email protected]. It specifically says..

all the Generation 1 Jets, and more. All sizes and price points will be available.

Going by that I would assume that there is a chance we will see all the seekers and also the ultra, leader, and supreme size classes. With the movie out and all I would not be surprised if they brought back Unicron.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Classics Prime doesn't really have a place for a trailer to attach- not sure how they'd get around that.

5. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Apparently he has. Its been mentioned that the rectangular block on the top of the legs is reminscent of the hitch used on THS-02 g1 con voy

6. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

I would rather see them release a "tailor set" for prime and magnus, then we'll get a full Prime and a true Magnus. I know the chances of seeing that is unlikey, but I can't see myself buying the same prime again just for a trailor. I rather see a set exclusive like that, i wouldn't think twice about dishin out the cash for it.

But yeah, I hope we'll see a lot more classics down the road

They kinda dropped a little hint at Botcon, somewhat of a mind tease. It'll be a easy sell for hasbro to sell the remainding seekers as a gift set or something, i know i'd buy it in a heart beat.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't it said somewhere the Classics Prime was actually originally meant to be a Deluxe, but got tooled up to be a higher pricepoint?

I forgot if that was at Botcon or somewhere else. :( 

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, but he featured heavily in a show that more or less all the kids buying TF's saw. Therefore, with no TV series acting as a 20minute commercial for them, I doubt he would sell well.

Che and Beast Rider were just wierd, I dont know anything about them, so cant really comment. Armada Laserbeak, he clogged shelves for months even years. The 'Home Bargains' near me had about 4 cases of them, initially at £2.99 each, months went by, none sold, they dropped to £1.99, still, none sold, finally, to £0.99, and they still didnt sell, they still have tons of them.

True, but by the time Hasbro got round to releasing a Trailer, chances are, Prime would be either of the shelves, or in the Clearence lines.

If we see Megatron like that, It would, chances are, be either a SDCC, or Botcon exclusive, at a ridiculosly high price. The fact that we even got a Gun Megatron should be enough, and thats coming from someone who would have preffered to see him in a different form, (personally hates the original Gun megs design)

Hasbro has said, currently, they have no plans to expand the line to those size classes

No, the Unicron Mold should be left well alone now, Something of that size and price point should not be released 4 times.
    1. Yellow, Armada Packaging
    2. Yellow, Energon Packaging
    3. Black, Energon Packaging (Why couldnt this guy have been a UK shelfwarmer?)
    4. Classics-NO, NO, NO!

9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    See thing is, IF hasbro already has a trailer designed in the works, then they could bring it out as early as spring. I'm talking from a standpoint like..as if the trailer was originally meant to be released with him but shelved due to cost. Hell if the design got as far as the mold stage who knows? This is all just speculation on my part, but all I'm saying is that if they already have it designed and ready it could be out in spring.

Hasbro may say they have no plans to expand to those size classes BUT they did say at botcon that if classics sells well enough they may bring in higher pricepoints/bigger size classes.

Why would the Megatron have to be an exclusive? The way I described it, there is actually less paint apps. The wings should be molded in clear red rather than green, and the outside should be left UNPAINTED. This would make it more obvious than the current toy that it is a toy gun.

As far as not having a 20 minute toy commercial...well...none of the classics designs are even in the live action movie OR the cartoon movie. Classics is a filler line before the movie and yes it harkens to g1, I mean Cosmos is on the short list, so are sideswipe and sunstgreaker and yet niether of the 3 are even prominent in the movie, hell I don't even think 2 of them are in it. Hell Jetfire isn't even in the movie. I think hasbro is making figures in classics based on popular g1 characters, regardless if they are in the movie or not. Yes its a continuation of g1, just because some of these characters are not in current cartoons or such doesn't mean they cannot be made in classics. For example, Predaking, Superion, a lot of us want them and yet niether were in the movie and will not most likely be in the live action movie nor are they in the cybertron cartoon.

So as far as skylynx? I think he could be made.
    And lazerbeak sold better in my area, I'm not saying he is the best figure made, I didn't even buy him but he did sell alright in my area.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Dunno. Half the fun will be hunting one down to kitbash for him so it's not too big of a deal to me. It would be nice though and yes I'd buy it!

11. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I'd like to see one. If it had enough features it's not inconviceable that it could be sold on it's own.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, I actually just noticed that as well. If someone at Hasbro has confirmed that we're also getting Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust, I am going to be one *very* happy camper.

Admin, care to verify? :) 

13. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics Prime is already WAY too much fun without having to pay the entrance fee for the once-obligatory, space hogging brick trailer.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, first it was said at Botcon during the design panel that the version of Optimus that we got was intended to be the one that was listed as a deluxe, but than they decided to scale him up sense they believed Prime needed to be big. As for the other listing with trailer... one can safely assume that it was canceled when the deluxe version was scaled up to Voyager class.

Personally, even if the line does well enough for them to bring out higher price points in Classics, I'd rather they not release a trailer for the current Prime. This Prime is good enough on it's own as a homage to the original and unlike the original I don't have to find someplace to store his trailer (sense I don't display my pieces of brick/shit). That being said, if they were to do one that was an updated version of Powermaster Optimus Prime (all new trailer and cab) with the cab being the main Optimus robot and than it could combine with his trailer and a small "Ginrai" engine robot to form his super mode... I'd be all over that. Also, they could than release a new version of God/Apex Bomber in the Voyager price point that could make Apex Armor PM Prime... that would kick ass too.

As for the thing about the Seekers... Hasbro pretty much dropped a big hint about them at Botcon. If I remember what I read right, the text said something along the lines of "Thundercracker is coming at some point" and "we'll leave it to your imaginations what we're going to do with the Ramjet mold once it's been used for him" or something like that. In other words... yeah, we're currently looking into (either as a mass release or store exclusive) a way to give you guys the other three seekers. Which would kick ass sense it would actually even up the bot to con ratio for this line.

Really, we'll know when they decide to tell us if we're getting more Classics or not, but I'd not expect anything after wave 3 to be released until after we go through the glut of movie toys. Though, considering that wave 3 is slated for a release in January... I suppose if the line is doing exceptionally well they could slip in a wave 4 and 5 that was made up mostly of repaints with maybe one or two new molds ready to go. At least for the deluxes... the voyagers really don't have an easy repaint for them (except for the Prime to Magnus, but they're already doing that)... so maybe they could get out a wave 4 with one new mold in it. There's plenty of time for that between January and June when the movie line is supposed to start hitting store shelves.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm also fine with Prime not having a trailer. If one comes out, cool. But if not, I'm wasn't expecting it anyway. Pretty much the same view I had with MP-01 when it was released.

As for the Seekers getting completed, that would round out things nicely. Not only in terms of Classics, but also with their War Within Titanium counterparts, which all look great together since they're about the same size.

The only thing that worries me is that if they decide to start doing larger classes of the Classics, I'll feel a little burned having Jetfire as a Voyager since he could definitely stand to be bigger. Unless of course they do what they did with Cybertron and re-release some of the same figures with the exact same molds just in different sizes (ie: Starscream).

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

My sentiments exactly. The G1 trailer is pretty useless and is nothing more than a stand for smaller figs to stand on. I would much rather get a deluxe COSMOS than Primes trailer.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

17. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kinda feel ripped off on Prime. He is an excellent figure, he just isnt $20 excellent(like say C. Soundwave or Mudflap). he just seems to missing something, but thats probably because I am used to the 20 dollar figures having an action feature of some kind (ie firing missle, or flip out weapon)

With that said, prime could definately use a trailer.

18. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    See for me if he gets rereleased with a trailer I will buy it. I just wish we knew for sure whether he will get one or not. He stands alone just fine on his own, I was impressed when my friend let me handle his classics prime some weeks back. If they do not release a trailer its okay, I'm just waiting it out a bit to see if they do. If they don't I will definitely scoop him up, truly one of the best primes. Same goes for Megatron, I assume he will be repainted at least once since hasbro tends to repaint each mold at least once. If not then I will buy him, he is a GREAT figure, very surprised once I held it in my hands.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that if the line continues that we'd get a powermaster optimus prime later on. nothing would make me happier.

20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!