So will they make the constructicons as toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Rumble02, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They were basically in the category of will be getting toys at Botcon, but nothing was actually said about them. Probably means that they will, but it'll be a while before they get released.

I'd check with the mods first. Something tells me posting scans of it could be against the rules. It'd be awesome if you could, but it wouldn't be worth the trouble if it's against the rules to do so.

2. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But its from a book that was on sale at Comic Con The Hasbro Sketchbook Vol. 1. Why would there be problems with posting the scans?

3. flamingunicron

News Credits:
    ill try to have pics up by 8 hopefully, im playing starcraft so ill work on it after

4. flamingunicron

News Credits:
    shoot forgot to get pics up. I can't tonight, hopefully tomororw mornign/afternoon

5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Please do, I can't believe no one has reported this previously.
    Perhaps they went unnoticed in all the fuss of SDCC.

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Aren't they getting a Voyager two pack? Both bots deluxes. It would explain the lack of Voyagers in coming waves besides Shockwave.

7. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Jet brothers are the only announced 2-pack, and they only got packaged together because of their combining gimmick. Unless they turn into some sort of 2-bot Devistator, I don't see any reason they'd be in a 2-pack.

8. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Personally I thought they were going to be another package similar to the Prime and Megatron one, so they may not be sold as a voyager.
    But we havn't seen any listings for new two packs so either they're still a way off yet or I'm just wrong, lol.

Edit: Just relaised I'm in the constructicons thread. Everything above applies to the jet boys.

Shockwave ships with Skywarp, two new voyagers is the maximum per wave after the intial onslaught.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  9. Deadend

News Credits:
    The initial onslaught was still 2 voyagers per wave more or less, just many waves dumped at once. (waves 1-3, Starscream, lugnut, prime, bulkhead, grimlock, megatron, then eventually wave 4 starts with blitzwing. Who's the other in wave 4? Then wave 5, wave 6.)

Yeah but who's after that? All I remember was something saying two pack at voyager price point similiar to jetstorm jetfire(though they combine in vehicle and these don't in vehicle). I'm probably wrong. Just something I remember hearing awhile back. Along with "possibly no combining(gestalt), we'll see, (BIG)maybe if they make more they'll make it 'combine', and two pack voyager for the two already in the toon."
    Don't remember when or where i heard that though. I just assumed since I hadn't heard jack since, they got the go ahead for more so they went for combining.

Again, I'm probably wrong. But I seriously hope I'm not.
    This is just information from lurking the various TF fan sites and doing my own digging and prodding in spots to find out stuff over time. So I may be getting it mixed up with something else too. But I know I'm not with jetfire and jetstorm. It was referenced as a comparison in what I was told. So take with a grain of salt.

10. Fort Max

News Credits:
    "The intial onslaught" was probably bad phrasing on my part, I meant it in terms of wave 1. It seems you took it to mean the rush of product released in the states as it had all been held back.

What I meant was, wave 1 had three voyagers because it's wave 1. The first wave is always the biggest, every wave after has two new voaygers at the most, so far at least.

As for waves;

Skywarp & Shockwave
    repaint & Wreck Gar
    repaint & Jet twins

would be my guess.

Edit: Actaully, wave 3 was 3 voyagers so it could happen again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There probably won't be an issue with it, but I'd still check to make sure if I were you. Might go under their rule of no full page scans of comic books. Better safe than sorry.

12. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wave 3 was Lugnut and Grimlock.

13. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah but I think alot of stores got rather wave 4 or maybe wave 3.5 in that they got Blitzwing at the same time but yeah officially wave 3 was just Grimlock and Lugnut. :(  I want wave 3 here in AU we havent got wave 3 deluxe or voyager oddly we do have Ultra Magnus).

14. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're thinking of Voyager Prime, who started appearing at about the same time as Lugnut and Grimlock. Blitzwing only recently started popping up at retail.

15. Deadend

News Credits:
    So who fills the second slot in wave 4? Alongside blitzwing?
    And also.

repaint & Jet twins
    Would they dare release another screamer repaint in this wave alongside two new jet molds? Seems odd. I'd suspect wreckgar will be in their wave. With Constructicons having the repaint backup. And that immediately frees up a slot for a new mold. >.>
    And screamer is the only voyager we know getting repainted out the wazzoo.

16. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nobody.

Wave 1: Bulkhead, Megatron, Starscream
    Wave 2: Optimus
    Wave 3: Grimlock, Lugnut
    Wave 4: Blitzwing

Are we sure that the Jets are going to be marketed as a Voyager and not a 2-pack like the Megatron/Optimus Prime pack?

17. Deadend

News Credits:
    No sure about the two pack, but the two pack does match voyager pricepoint, and that's all we are 100% certain about right now.

And that's interesting on the waves. If they follow the same pattern of leveling them out every so often for even number of bots between, that means somewhere in 5-6 we'll have either a 3 bot wave. Or there is another two pack planned, which would balance it out character wise.

18. flamingunicron

News Credits:
    good things come to those who wait...

[​IMG]
    Some pics of Cheetor, looks a lot different then actually toy. And some head sculpts of Sentinel Prime? and the constructicons.

[​IMG]
    Sketch of Inferno and on top very small is Hot Shot

[​IMG]
    Small sketches of Mixmaster, notice a stage where the mixer is standing up?

Lots of other cool stuff too.

hm...the pics might be to big...if they are tell me how to resize them. If there is a problem mods, just tell me and ill change them.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Concept pics are only that, unfortunately. (neato to see, though.)

Pretty unlikely there will be any combining Constructicons in Animated at this point, unless it gets explicitly depicted in the cartoon, Toys start showing up with obvious connection modes/points built in, or both. (even that's not a guaranteed guarantee, however :)  )

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wow, very cool, thanks flamingunicron!